What's new

New Female Pakistani Hero for Marvel Comics

Should Marvel Comics ask for Malala's permission for using and twisting her name for this comic?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Why Malala's consent is needed? give your reasons

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A girl who possess shape-shifting power, am not sure what exactly does that mean can someone shed some light on it?

its a common name here in KPK we have no issue with that if you Indians are getting credit for it.

I have seen some of the names of Pahto actresses are hindu in nature like Kiran khan and Lata .....

I have seen some of the names of Pahto actresses are hindu in nature like Kiran khan and Lata .....

kiran means ray of light and its Muslim name a very common one and a female name don't know if India Hindu ladies have same name.

As far as lata is concerned well her name is Asma she just tailed "lata" with her name as her voice somewhat resembles great Lata.

Jana ji, Kamala is a Muslim name?

Next I will find out that Savita is also Muslim name (Indian cartoon character). :astagh:

Yes I have heard of Khap Panchayats, and they never killed a girl for going to school. So stfu.

And my only objection to this is simply giving her a Hindu sounding name, and making it look like Hindus kill their little girls for going to school like Malala. I find that highly offensive. They could have just named her a Muslim name and avoided hurting Hindu sentiments and falsely tarnishing Hindu image.

You seem funny to me, There are guys in some rural areas in India who kill their daughter for weird reasons like wearing jean pants. Do you know how many Honor killings takes place in India every year and the judgements associated with them in Khap Panchayats, if you have no idea better keep quite.

Again your argument is very strange, The girl name is Kamala, not the name of the killer. You better keep your arguments with yourself.

Last edited:
Muslims use the name in Bangladesh!

Here's a list of Kamala Begums in England(all of em are probably Bengalis)!

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/begum/kamala/

Its a non issue my dear. few lost souls from India here are clinging to straws and also bringing shame to fellow sane Indians.

The only point I see is that of asking for permission of the person whom Marvel is trying to cash on

its a common name here in KPK we have no issue with that if you Indians are getting credit for it.

What credit?

Underage girls, amongst others, are being murdered in Pakistan everyday!!!

No "credit" to us!!!

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/11/marvel-launches-pakistani-american-girl.html

The new Ms. Marvel’s real name is Kamala Khan, a 16-year-old Muslim Pakistani-American girl from Jersey City, New Jersey. “Kamala has all of her opportunities in front her and she is loaded with potential, but her parents’ high expectations come with tons of pressure,” says Marvel's press release. “When Kamala suddenly gets powers that give her the opportunity to be just like her idol, Captain Marvel, it challenges the very core of her conservative values.”

Source: Marvel Entertainment
Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel is the first comic book character from Marvel Entertainment who is both female and Muslim. It is part of the American comic giant's efforts to reflect a growing diversity among its readers.

The new Ms. Marvel series is mainly the work of two women: G. Willow Wilson, a convert to Islam who created the character, and Sana Amanat who edits it.

Here's how Wilson describes the main character of the comic: "Islam is both an essential part of her identity and something she struggles mightily with. She's not a poster girl for the religion, or some kind of token minority. She does not cover her hair –most American Muslim women don't—and she's going through a rebellious phase. She wants to go to parties and stay out past 9 PM and feel “normal.” Yet at the same time, she feels the need to defend her family and their beliefs".

Ms. Wilson says the series is “about the universal experience of all American teenagers, feeling kind of isolated and finding what they are.” Though here, she told New York Times, that happens “through the lens of being a Muslim-American” with superpowers.

Source: Marvel Entertainment

Elaborating on the superhero character, series editor Sana Amanat said the following in an interview published onMarvel.com website: "As much as Islam is a part of Kamala’s identity, this book isn’t preaching about religion or the Islamic faith in particular. It’s about what happens when you struggle with the labels imposed on you, and how that forms your sense of self. It’s a struggle we’ve all faced in one form or another, and isn’t just particular to Kamala because she’s Muslim. Her religion is just one aspect of the many ways she defines herself".

The Marvel series is set for launch in February, 2014. Earlier this year, Pakistan's GeoTV launched Burka Avenger. Its superhero is a mild mannered school-teacher who fights feudal villains and terrorists getting in the way of girls' education. Burka Avenger series is inspired by the story of Malala Yousufzai, a Pakistan teenage school-girl who miraculously survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban in Swat valley last year. Malala has since become an international icon for girls' education worldwide. The United Nations declared Malala's 16th birthday this year on July 12 as Malala Day to focus on girls' education.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/11/marvel-launches-pakistani-american-girl.html

What credit?

Underage girls, amongst others, are being murdered in Pakistan everyday!!!

No "credit" to us!!!

Your paranoid responses have nothing to do with this thread.

Your Indian member was hell bent upon hurling frustrated responses like you did

killing of unborn baby girls pose a bigger question to Indians than what is happening in Pakistan.

anyway that is not the subject of discussion.

Your paranoid responses have nothing to do with this thread.

Your Indian member was hell bent upon hurling frustrated responses like you did

killing of unborn baby girls pose a bigger question to Indians than what is happening in Pakistan.

anyway that is not the subject of discussion.

I like you're signature by the way lol

Back
Top Bottom