What's new

New Brahmos Test Fails

as far as i know this test took place somewhre close to pak border. may be they want to scare us and tell us that they have also got missiles which dont fall ;)
well seriously i would say this was more lik a moral booster and nothing else.

My dear dream-suffering friend :

Pakistan is far ahead of your Missiles, but I have to admire your missile program,India has highly improved its missiles, at least they don't fall down during the start
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well, Ahead in What terms ?

Range ?
Payload ?
Or Most Important the CEP ( Circular Error Probable ) ?

I wont talk about First two as India and Pak both have it MORE than enough for each other

But Now something about the CEP which determines the accuracy.

Source : Here

2. ABDALI-1

System: Abdali-1
Alternative Name: Hatf-II
Type: SRBM
Range: 180 km (108 miles)
Payload: 500 kg
Warhead: Single Conventional HE
Propellant Fuel: Solid
Guidance System: Inertial
Velocity: -
Apogee: -
CEP: 250 m
Stage(s): 1
Height: 9.750 m
Diametre: 0.550 m
Weight: 2,520 kg - 3,000 kg (lift-off)
TEL: ? (mounted on vertical rail launcher)
Developer: NDC
Test Dates: 03.07.1997, 28.05.2002, 26.03.2003
Launch Location(s): Sonmiani, District Lasbela, Balochistan

3. GHAZNAVI-1

System: Ghaznavi-1
Alternative Name: Hatf-III
Type: SRBM
Range: 290 km (180 miles)
Payload: 500 kg
Warhead: Single Conventional/Nuclear
Height: 8.5 m (9.64 m?)
Diametre: 0.8 m
Weight: 4,000 kg (launch)
TEL: 8x8 MAZ-543
Developer: PMO
Test Date(s): 26.05.2002, 03.10.2003 (at 0842 hrs PST or 0342 hrs GMT)

4. SHAHEEN-1

System: Shaheen-1
Alternative Name: Hatf-IV
Type: MRBM
Range: 750 km (430 miles)
Payload: 1,000 kg
Warhead: Nuclear
Guidance System: Terminal
CEP: 50 m
Height: 9.100 m
Diametre: 1.000 m
Weight: 6,200 kg (lift-off)
TEL: 8x8 MAZ-543 (modified)
Test Dates: Static engine tests: 1997, 1998. Flight tests: 15.04.1999 (at 0958 hrs PST or 0458 hrs GMT ) over 450 km, flight time was 6 minutes, 12 seconds, 04.10.2002 (at 0830 hrs PST or 0230 hrs GMT), 08.10.2002, 08.10.2003 (at 0813 hrs PST or 0313 GMT) (ground-burst test of warhead), 14.10.2003 (air-burst test of warhead)

5. GHAURI-I

System: Ghauri-I
Alternative Name: Hatf-V
Range: 1,500 km (930 miles)
Payload: 700 kg (1,547 lbs.)
Warhead: 15 to 35 kT Nuclear
Propellant Fuel: Liquid - TM 185 (20% High Octane Jet Fuel, 80% Kerosene), AK-27I Oxidizer (27% N2O4, 73% HNO3), Iodium Inhibitor
Apogee: 350 km
CEP: 250 m/820 ft at 1,500 km
Height: 15.852-16.000 m
Diametre: 1.320-1.350 m
Weight: 16,000 kg (16 tonnes), 14,000 kg (14 tonnes) (fuel)
TEL: 6x4 (prime-mover with 8-wheel trailer)
Developer: KRL
Test Dates: 06.04.1998 (at 0723 hrs covering 1,100 km/682 miles in 9 minutes, 58 seconds), 25.05.2002
Launch Location(s): 06.04.1998 Test: Malute, Tilla Jogian, District Jhelum, Punjab; 25.05.2002 Test: Dallana, District Dera Ghazi Khan, Punjab near the Suleiman Range, monitoring station was set up at Basti Jarh, 6 km from the launch site on the D.G. Khan-Quetta Road
Status: Deployed (08.01.2003) with Pakistan Army's 47th Artillery Brigade, Under Production

6. GHAURI-II

System: Ghauri-II
Alternative Name: Hatf-VI
Range: 2,000/2,300 km (1,240/1,440 miles)
Payload: 1,000/700 kg
Warhead: Single Nuclear
Propellant Fuel: Liquid
Guidance System: -
Apogee: 350 km
Height: 18.000 m
Diametre: 1.320-1.350 m
Weight: 17,800 kg
TEL: 6x4 (prime-mover with 8-wheel trailer)
Test Dates: 14.04.1999 (covering 1,150 km)
Launch Location(s): Malute, Tilla Jogian, District Jhelum, Punjab

7. Shaheen-2

System: Shaheen-2
Alternative Name: None
Type: IRBM
Range: 2,500 km (1,500 miles)
Payload: 1,000 kg
Guidance System: Terminal
CEP: 50 m
Stage(s): 2
Height:
Diametre:
Weight:
TEL: 12x4
Test Date(s): Not Flight Tested, warhead tested in 2003
Launch Location(s): Not Applicable

8. GHAURI-III

System: Ghauri-III
Alternative Name: Hatf-VII?
Type: IRBM
Range: 2,500/3,500 km?
Payload: 1,000/700 kg
Propellant Fuel: -
Guidance System: -
Stage(s): 2
Height:
Diametre:
Weight:
TEL: ?
Test Date(s): Not Flight Tested, 29.09.1999 (static engine test)
Launch Location(s): Static engine test was carried out at Kahuta, District Rawalpindi, Punjab, flight test was postponed after being scheduled for launch from Mankera, District Mianwali, Punjab on 28.05.2002,

AGNI I :

Agni-1
Class: SRBM
Basing: Road/Rail mobile
Length: 14.80 m
Diameter: 1.30 m
Launch Weight: 12000 kg
Payload: Single warhead, 2000 kg
Warhead: Nuclear 20 kT, HE, submunitions, FAE
Propulsion: Single-stage solid
Range: 860 km
Details

The Agni-1 is a short-range, road-mobile, solid-propellant ballistic missile. Falling between the short-range and medium-range categories, it fills the gap between India's short-range Prithvi systems and the longer range Agni.

The Agni-1 is 14.8 m long, 1.3 m in diameter of 1.3 m, with a launch weight of 12000 kg. At present, it has a range of 860 km (534 miles) with an impressive accuracy of 25 m CEP. By cutting the payload in half, the Agni-1 will most likely be able to extend its range to 1,200 km (746 miles), which encompasses all of Pakistan. Its maximum payload of 2000 kg can be equipped with a nuclear 20 kT yield warhead or with conventional explosives. The 20 kT warhead is larger than those used against Japan during WWII, although by modern standards this warhead is more appropriate for use against military targets. The missile uses a single-stage solid propellant engine.

None of the Pak Missiles have a CEP less than 50 Mts. So Whats the fuss about ?

Lets stay on Track with Brahmos.

I don't think that's the Indian strategy. Pakistani Missile tests are known for their proven success rate and accuracy. Along with that, we're working on different Missile projects. It makes sense for us to carry one out EVEN if India didn't carry out their own.

As far as "Nuke falling into unsafe hands" thing is concerned, every one with a sane mind knows that it's not an "easy Job". If only we had our Nuclear arsenal set up in some sort of a Shopping mall, with a BIG red "Detonate" button, only then someone would buy this sort of nonsense.

:cheers:

ok sir whatever you say also might be true iam not disagreeing with your point either.
maybe we will get an official pakistani response to this soon.

but i am still pretty sure that the main motive of this test is a public show,
to the new american goverment.

thanx

My dear dream-suffering friend :

Pakistan is far ahead of your Missiles, but I have to admire your missile program,India has highly improved its missiles, at least they don't fall down during the start
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sir can you show please tell me in which aspect you think Pakistan's missile defense is better?
although i dont deny they are quite good at it but i doubt the ....( FAR AHEAD)

sir i am sure the timing of the test by the indians is a part of a big agenda nothing else.
its more of response to the domestic public . its nothing new, pakistan already knows about the brahmos.

i think pakistan should also carry out a regular missile test like the babur missile but you are asking for a nuclear test its not what will hapen i think.
pakistan economy is trying to recover a nuclear test at this point would make the world community sit up and world opinion will go against pakistan.
the indians would not fail to take this oppurtinity and mount diplomatic pressure on pakistan and show the world that pakistan is trying to harm the world community, so i think pakistani think tank is very intelligent not to fall into this trap.

you understand sir what this missile test by india is ITS A BAIT for pakistan to do the same or try to do something different and let the US and the rest to believe that its pakistan who is at fault.

pakistan would do better not to fall in this indian trap.

I don't how to respond but the whole point of domestic consumption timing and all is not making sense. Are you trying to say that once a terrorist attack has happened the country should stop doing all things? What makes you think that it was just planned in haste to show something. Most probably the VLS test has been done like it was done sometime before by Navy.

well, Ahead in What terms ?

Range ?
Payload ?
Or Most Important the CEP ( Circular Error Probable ) ?

I wont talk about First two as India and Pak both have it MORE than enough for each other

But Now something about the CEP which determines the accuracy.

AGNI I :

None of the Pak Missiles have a CEP less than 50 Mts. So Whats the fuss about ?

Lets stay on Track with Brahmos.

sir iam not for or against your post but please this is not an pakistan vs indian missile thread.
we could discuss this in some other thread and there are plenty of them around
its more about the significance ane effects of this test rather than overall brahmos.
thanx

ok sir whatever you say also might be true iam not disagreeing with your point either.
maybe we will get an official pakistani response to this soon.

but i am still pretty sure that the main motive of this test is a public show,
to the new american goverment.

thanx

Yes it might be that reason. Some reports suggest that the Indian missile test was carried out close to the border. IF that's true, then that could also be labelled as intimidation.

But let's wait and see how things unravel.

sir iam not for or against your post but please this is not an pakistan vs indian missile thread.
we could discuss this in some other thread and there are plenty of them around
its more about the significance ane effects of this test rather than overall brahmos.
thanx

Agreed. I did mentioned we need to stay on Topic , Brahmos.
But just placed the Stats.

Lets get back to Brahmos !!

sir moscow,

All these conspiracy theory sound so american. i think brahmos test is very much a regulation test. As BrahMos test was pre-planned and not influenced by the ongoing stand-off with Pakistan in the wake of Mumbai carnage. it was planned long time back as i heard in news about 2 months back. even the indian defence minster said that.

Amd more over I think , according to an agreement both parties are notified about the tests before it.

as far as i know this test took place somewhre close to pak border. may be they want to scare us and tell us that they have also got missiles which dont fall ;)
well seriously i would say this was more lik a moral booster and nothing else.

i agree eith you sir totally this ia a show .

Amd more over I think , according to an agreement both parties are notified about the tests before it.

There is no agreement for any cruise missile tests it is only for ballistic missile tests

yes you are right sir the notification comes 48 hours prior to the test as far as i know not months before.also as nitesh sir ponted out i might be wrong.
thanks.

yes also people might argue that its a scheduled test, right but certain teats are deferred in times of tension and alert, wernt the indian armed forces on high alert.
what significance does this show then when the armed forces are on a high alert the tensiond between nuclear neighbours are high , the world is trying to diffuse this tension and suddenly you tst a nuclear capable missile near the border and claim it a scheduled test.

tell me one thing sir why was the test conducted near the western border and not near any of the eastern test ranges of the indians where most of the missiles are tested.sir its not just india even if pakistan would have tested a nuclear missile near its border first it would hold the same significance.

:cheers:

Last edited:
ok then it must be intentional test to calm the public , regarding these war situation being created every next day,

ok then it must be intentional test to calm the public , regarding these war situation being created every next day,

sir you might agree or disagree with me but believe me both the countries is not in a state to go to war at this moment, nor is the world community willing to let this happen/

already recession has affected the world very badly there is no place for a war between nuclear nations at this point at all.

thanx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom