What's new

New 50,000 tonnes Replenishment Vessel

You have a problem with Chinese source guessing it's 50.000 while the English source estimates 40.000-45000 when no details has been officially published?

Why waste time with someone whose sole purpose of being here is to pick up China?

Now looking forward to the timely launch of the 2nd ship。

Why waste time with someone whose sole purpose of being here is to pick up China?

Now looking forward to the timely launch of the 2nd ship。

True, only the desperate ones come here to show how tough they are when their own country are nothing compared to the mighty dragon's rapid expansion. We will watch in awe and they in utter despair. :lol:

True, only the desperate ones come here to show how tough they are when their own country are nothing compared to the mighty dragon's rapid expansion. We will watch in awe and they in utter despair. :lol:

It seems that this guy lives to pick on China。:lol:

101328ykg5kga8dd3dmppm.jpg.thumb.jpg

No issue with China or non-China, but I complained about the wrongful information.
Similar to make title about the first 10,000 ton destroyer, but the content is about 7500-8000 ton destroyer and not a single word about 10,000 ton.

It seems that this guy lives to pick on China。:lol:

101328ykg5kga8dd3dmppm.jpg.thumb.jpg

No issue with China or non-China, but I complained about the wrongful information.

You keep refering to a different source than linked in the OP where the 50.000 tons in the title of the OP come from. Thats you just being a stupid insecure troll on damage control, an ignorant because you just dismiss the Chinese source simply because it states a higher number or you just being unable to read the source and listen to what others already told you, not wrongful information.

You could just shut up if you have nothing of value to say.

You keep refering to a different source than linked in the OP where the 50.000 tons in the title of the OP come from. Thats you just being a stupid insecure troll on damage control, an ignorant because you just dismiss the Chinese source simply because it states a higher number or you just being unable to read the source and listen to what others already told you, not wrongful information.

You must know what the proper language for this forum is.
The guy created a thread, post a link purely in Chinese which is improper language for others in this forum to understand, and in his own post #7 in English, he didn't intend to correct the number 40,000-45,000.

The English source has more detailed information, while #1 post is just about what a netizen saw.

In other posts, he express no one know for sure the displacement, both link in Chinese and post #7

Last edited:
Its good that he gets banned. :lol: He can continue to cry about China progress.

This replenishment ship is modern and beautiful looking.

View attachment 280690

She can compete with the Royal Navy new design replenishment ship look.

Thats a huge replishniment ship China is building there, even if its 40,000 - 45000tons its still huge. Congrats.:cheers:

Ours is barely 40,000tons. :( Anyway have you giy any specs and date it will be launched/operational?

Nice 1.

Thats a huge replishniment ship China is building there, even if its 40,000 - 45000tons its still huge. Congrats.:cheers:

Ours is barely 40,000tons. :( Anyway have you giy any specs and date it will be launched/operational?

Nice 1.

Your's Fort Victoria Class is 38,000 metric tons fully loaded

Most replenishment ship are between 30,000-55,000 ton. US have 2 different set of replenishment oiler, 1 is a fast combat support ship (Supply class) which is 50,000 tons, another is Henry J Kaiser class replenishment oiler which is somewhere between 40000-42000 tons

It is not at all new for oil replenishment ship to go over 45,000 tons but it have a trend to start scaling back, US just retired the Sacramento Class which goes up to 55,000 tons.

800px-FortVictoria_Plymouth.jpg

Fort Victoria

800px-USNSSupply.jpg

USNS Supply

1024px-USS_Sacramento_(AOE-1)_underway_in_1988.jpg

USS Sacramento

Henry_J_Kaiser_replenishes_Abraham_Lincoln.jpg

USNS H J Kaiser

My guess is, the Chinese replenishment ship is the same size and tonnage to USNS Supply. Which display 42,000 tons judging from the surface infrastructure

Your's Fort Victoria Class is 38,000 metric tons fully loaded

Most replenishment ship are between 30,000-55,000 ton. US have 2 different set of replenishment oiler, 1 is a fast combat support ship (Supply class) which is 50,000 tons, another is Henry J Kaiser class replenishment oiler which is somewhere between 40000-42000 tons

It is not at all new for oil replenishment ship to go over 45,000 tons but it have a trend to start scaling back, US just retired the Sacramento Class which goes up to 55,000 tons.

View attachment 295843

Fort Victoria

View attachment 295844

USNS Supply

View attachment 295845

USS Sacramento

View attachment 295846

USNS H J Kaiser

My guess is, the Chinese replenishment ship is the same size and tonnage to USNS Supply. Which display 42,000 tons judging from the surface infrastructure

What does the U.S do with it's huge ships once they are decommissioned?? Sold or scrapped?

Nice 1.

Apparently no specs for 901 are available from official sources, I tried but no results yet, so all are unofficial estimates so far. Either way it is new and big, and likely supplied by Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI; a listco 600685.sh).

I checked a consortium (between BMT Defence Services of UK and Daewoo of SK) was building four 37,000-tonne Military Afloat Reach and Sustainability (MARS) tankers for RN is that right? I do look forward to see GSI being a listco can participate in future RN procurement, jointly with UK-based vendors if applicable.

Apparently no specs for 901 are available from official sources, I tried but no results yet, so all are unofficial estimates so far. Either way it is new and big, and likely supplied by Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI; a listco 600685.sh).

I checked a consortium (between BMT Defence Services of UK and Daewoo of SK) was building four 37,000-tonne Military Afloat Reach and Sustainability (MARS) tankers for RN is that right? I do look forward to see GSI being a listco can participate in future RN procurement, jointly with UK-based vendors if applicable.

Beside replenishment vessels, US has large network of oversea ports accept their ships.
Even Cam Ranh harbour ever received several US ships for repairing, maintenance, ...

US naval ship docks at Cam Ranh Bay
11/20/2012 6:26:37 PM | voice of vietnam
USNS_Alan_Shepard_%28from_MSC%29.jpg

(VOV) - TheUSNA Alan Shepard(T-AKE4) docked at Cam Ranh Bay on November 20 and is scheduled to remain at the Cam Ranh Shipyard for maintenance until November 26.

The 41,000 tonne logistic ship, grouped under the US Fleet in the Asia-Pacific region, is 210m long and more than 30m wide.

Thanks to its naturally appropriate conditions and geographic position, six US logistic ships have been repaired at Cam Ranh Shipyard since 2010.

Back
Top Bottom