What's new

Netanyahu's speech to Congress, March 3rd, 2015

3. Open your eyes and watch for one sniper propaganda video, there are hundreds of real videos where Israel is bombing hell out of Palestinian children.
Assad that u support murders hundreds times more including the Palestinians.

That is why ISIS and al-Nusra have not fired a single bullet towards Israel.
Thats lie. They fired rockets several times, made terror attack against bus on Sinai border killing 8 Israelis. Recently they killed 4 Jews in France.

Thats what I meant by his priceless face. Totally enjoyed to see Rand Pauls and Pelosi's faces.

Faces do not mean anything.
Fact is sooner or later they will pay it back to bibi
Actually Pelosi has already paid it back and it is hurting bibi.

1. I wished you you used your brain instead of reading Israeli/Western propaganda blogs. Things are very clear, but for only those who use their brains.

2. You are a hypocrite.
On one side you say to turn blind eyes from the illegal activities of Israeli settlements etc. in name of "Internal Conflict of Palestine/Israel"... but on the same time you hypocrite weep about internal affairs of China in Tibet.

3. Open your eyes and watch for one sniper propaganda video, there are hundreds of real videos where Israel is bombing hell out of Palestinian children.

It is very clear that Israel is supporting the Jihadies. That is why ISIS and al-Nusra have not fired a single bullet towards Israel. By the way, both of them declare Israel to be evil, but still they didn't shot a single bullet. ... that is why I already told you that you need a brain and not the Israeli propaganda in order to understand it.
Then you must be the biggest hypocrite....you took monetary Aid from Evil US that you are accusing.

2.Educate yourself instead of humiliating yourself ...india recognized tibet as part of china.

3.I am not a cheerleader of Israel like you but since you mentioned that IS didn't fire a single bullet against Israel...let me tell you its Israel not some banana republic of the region...IS would be wiped out if tried anything against israel

4.why is NATO bomb its ally IS?

This is BBC no propaganda blog

BBC News - The victims of Syria's war finding care in Israel

Now plZ provide me a link of your conspiracy theory

Last edited:

A very lame excuse to start hiding your bloody face behind the curtain of Assad. These are your tactics to hide your crimes of illegal settlements.

Thats lie. They fired rockets several times, made terror attack against bus on Sinai border killing 8 Israelis. Recently they killed 4 Jews in France.

Do you think whole world is stupid? Why are you running away towards Egypt side (Sinai) and France? Why don't you directly answer about Jihadies near Golan who are actually fighting for Israel? Did the Jihadies these fired rockets or bullets towards Israel? NO.
It is very very clear that Israel is supporting the Jihadies.
That is why Israel has not attacked these Jihadies, but instead Israel is opening attacking Syrian forces.

Faces do not mean anything.
They are lulzy.

Actually Pelosi has already paid it back and it is hurting bibi.
U mean that brain dead woman who met with mass murderer Assad and who said that Congress should adopt the bill in order to know whats there? Och that hurts :rofl:

A very lame excuse to start hiding your bloody face behind the curtain of Assad. These are your tactics to hide your crimes of illegal settlements.
Yep some houses built on tiny strip of desert are much bigger crime for u than murder of 200,000 people starvation, gassing and expulsion of millions.

Do you think whole world is stupid? Why are you running away towards Egypt side (Sinai) and France?
Because thats ISIS. You claimed they dont fire a bullet towards Israel and u lied.

Why don't you directly answer about Jihadies near Golan who are actually fighting for Israel? Did the Jihadies these fired rockets or bullets towards Israel? NO.
There is no ISIS on Golan you retard. And people u call "Jihadis" are local civilians who protect their houses against Alawi, Afghan Hazara and Hezbollah invaders.

Do u want them to attack Israel while they are bombed and murdered by Alawi-Afghan-Lebanese mercenaries?

Then you must be the biggest hypocrite....you took monetary Aid from Evil US that you are accusing.

2.Educate yourself instead of humiliating yourself ...india recognized tibet as part of china.

3.I am not a cheerleader of Israel like you but since you mentioned that IS didn't fire a single bullet against Israel...let me tell you its Israel not some banana republic of the region...IS would be wiped out if tried anything against israel

4.why is NATO bomb its ally IS?

1. Yes it is hypocrite of PAK Government to take aid from same US who created Taliban along with Pak Government.
But this does not make me a hypocrite.
In fact your Indian Government also taking AID money from the same WEST, but it does not make you personally a hypocrite. But you personally become a hypocrite when you hide the Israeli crimes of illegal settlements by bringing lame excuses of internal conflict etc.

2. You are not using your brain once again.
Despite that India raises voices of human rights along with the WEST.

3. Off course you are playing like a cheerleader for Israel.

4. Please stop posting lame excuses for the MIGHTY Israel. It is simple that Jihadies fired against US which is much much more mighty than Israel. How come then they didn't fire a single bullet towards Israel?

5. It is same that US made Taliban, and after sometimes they had to fight Taliban. Even if you give birth to illegal Israel, but still Israel is not 100% loyal to you. Same is true with the Jihadies. Despite their illegal birth by US, still they are not 100% loyal to their illegal father.

They are lulzy.

U mean that brain dead woman who met with mass murderer Assad and who said that Congress should adopt the bill in order to know whats there? Och that hurts :rofl:

Yep some houses built on tiny strip of desert are much bigger crime for u than murder of 200,000 people starvation, gassing and expulsion of millions.

Because thats ISIS. You claimed they dont fire a bullet towards Israel and u lied.

There is no ISIS on Golan you retard. And people u call "Jihadis" are local civilians who protect their houses against Alawi, Afghan Hazara and Hezbollah invaders.

Do u want them to attack Israel while they are bombed and murdered by Alawi-Afghan-Lebanese mercenaries?

1. Lulzy or not, but reality is this that they have started hating Bibi. So far, so good.

2. CNN and other US Media repeated the charges of this same Woman whom you want to make fun of.

3. Who was going for the discussion of "Bigger Crime" and "Smaller Crime"? Fact is you are unable to defend your crime of illegal settlements, and in order to hide your crime, you intentionally bring the discussion of bigger and smaller. But you cannot make world fool any more.

4. You want to make whole world fool by claiming that there are only bunch of civilians at Golan who are fighting with Assad.
While reality is this that ISIS is also there and al-Nusra is also there and other Jihadies too.... and they are getting huge ammunitions and rockets from Israel/Saudia/US in order to fight Assad.

For sure all, all all Syrians hate Israel and consider it an occupier (except for those Jihadies who are themselves illegal children of Israel/US/Saudia in this conflict).

1. Yes it is hypocrite of PAK Government to take aid from same US who created Taliban along with Pak Government.
But this does not make me a hypocrite.
In fact your Indian Government also taking AID money from the same WEST, but it does not make you personally a hypocrite. But you personally become a hypocrite when you hide the Israeli crimes of illegal settlements by bringing lame excuses of internal conflict etc.

2. You are not using your brain once again.
Despite that India raises voices of human rights along with the WEST.

3. Off course you are playing like a cheerleader for Israel.

4. Please stop posting lame excuses for the MIGHTY Israel. It is simple that Jihadies fired against US which is much much more mighty than Israel. How come then they didn't fire a single bullet towards Israel?

5. It is same that US made Taliban, and after sometimes they had to fight Taliban. Even if you give birth to illegal Israel, but still Israel is not 100% loyal to you. Same is true with the Jihadies. Despite their illegal birth by US, still they are not 100% loyal to their illegal father.
1.Atleast you accepted that your govt. Is hypocrite....and India don't took aid in a way like Pakistan and if we take Aid....WE NEVER ACCUSE WEST FOR CREATING I.S THUS WE CAN'T BE CALLED HYPOCRITE

2.We provide monetary AID to Palestine.....then how am i a cheerleading for Israel.....I JUST ACKNOWLEDGED THE ISRAELI HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS AND MAINTENANCE OF PEACE

THATS ALL

PLZ I DON'T BOTHER ABT INTERNAL MATTERS

3.Give me a source that west created IS?

1.Atleast you accepted that your govt. Is hypocrite....and India don't took aid in a way like Pakistan and if we take Aid....WE NEVER ACCUSE WEST FOR CREATING I.S THUS WE CAN'T BE CALLED HYPOCRITE

2.We provide monetary AID to Palestine.....then how am i a cheerleading for Israel.....I JUST ACKNOWLEDGED THE ISRAELI HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS AND MAINTENANCE OF PEACE

THATS ALL

PLZ I DON'T BOTHER ABT INTERNAL MATTERS

3.Give me a source that west created IS?

1. You are a fool when you want to indulge in discussion that your government takes more and my government takes less.

2. Providing aid, but at same time aiding Israeli illegal settlements???? What a stupid argument you are giving.

3. I told you times and times again to use your brain instead of going for heavily jewish and western propaganda world.
ISIS and other Jihadies are nothing.
They are illiterate and unable to make even a needle themselves.
Then from where they are getting all these ARMS to fight whole Iraqi and Syrian Army? For sure all these arms are not coming down directly from Skies by angels.

Just use your brain and you will know who then providing them all these arms.

And if you don't have any brain to understand it, then please don't bother me any more.

1. You are a fool when you want to indulge in discussion that your government takes more and my government takes less.

2. Providing aid, but at same time aiding Israeli illegal settlements???? What a stupid argument you are giving.

3. I told you times and times again to use your brain instead of going for heavily jewish and western propaganda world.
ISIS and other Jihadies are nothing.
They are illiterate and unable to make even a needle themselves.
Then from where they are getting all these ARMS to fight whole Iraqi and Syrian Army? For sure all these arms are not coming down directly from Skies by angels.

Just use your brain and you will know who then providing them all these arms.

And if you don't have any brain to understand it, then please don't bother me any more.
I understand you are a Pakistani....anyway nice talking

1. Lulzy or not, but reality is this that they have started hating Bibi. So far, so good.
They always hated.

2. CNN and other US Media repeated the charges of this same Woman whom you want to make fun of.
Frustrated old woman. So what?

3. Who was going for the discussion of "Bigger Crime" and "Smaller Crime"? Fact is you are unable to defend your crime of illegal settlements, and in order to hide your crime, you intentionally bring the discussion of bigger and smaller. But you cannot make world fool any more
Green line is nbot a border but merely a cease fire line. All the dispute is about several hundred sq km absolutely nothing

4. You want to make whole world fool by claiming that there are only bunch of civilians at Golan who are fighting with Assad.
I did not say bunch. Its a Sunni majority vs Alawi minority.

While reality is this that ISIS is also there and al-Nusra is also there and other Jihadies too.... and they are getting huge ammunitions and rockets from Israel/Saudia/US in order to fight Assad.

For sure all, all all Syrians hate Israel and consider it an occupier (except for those Jihadies who are themselves illegal children of Israel/US/Saudia in this conflict).
Again you say that native population of Golan and Daraa are "Jihadists" thats why Afghan, Lebanese and Alawi mercenaries have right to bomb and slaughter them without mercy.

The way the people were clapping and cheering was just embarrassing. This was a massive own goal for Israel it seems like the Israelis have been going to the Ahmadinejad school for diplomacy. I hope this makes Americans realize that Israel has too much influence in American politics.
Unlikely. Americans elect a president, not a dictator. Obama is accountable to the Congress and the electorate and he's been fighting that, especially by keeping Congressional leaders in the dark. Obama is acutely aware that Netanyahu is the better speaker which may be why Congressional leaders invited him. For after six years of Obama's foreign policy failures many Americans, including leaders of Congress, are willing to listen to another vision. And who has the greater credibility on these matters, the community organizer from Chicago machine politics or the man who's been successfully fighting terror since his teens?

...In the past six years, Obama et al. have often disparaged Netanyahu. They can’t seem to get as worked up about the PLO’s Abbas. Is that because they consider the Palestinian leader a savage of whom nothing can be expected? They can’t seem to get as worked up about the leaders of Hamas.

Or about Turkey’s Erdogan, or Syria’s Assad, or North Korea’s Kim, or Iran’s mullahs, or China’s Communists, or Cuba’s Castros.

No, Bibi is their bête noire.

Early in his administration, Obama offered Israelis some advice: They should “engage in serious self-reflection.” My fingers blistered. I wrote,

The Israelis are experts in “serious self-reflection.” The Jewish people is expert in “serious self-reflection.” They have been seriously self-reflecting for several thousand years — they practically invented the practice. Israelis, since the founding — refounding — of that state, have had to do some urgent self-reflecting, and other reflecting. They live in a tinderbox; their existence and survival are threatened all the time. Barack Obama knows nothing about serious self-reflection compared with the average Israeli — compared even with a relatively unreflective Israeli. It’s their lives that are on the line, not Obama’s. It is they who have gone through war after war, not Obama. And those were wars of attempted annihilation: the annihilation of you-know-who.

People always speak condescendingly, ignorantly, and offensively about and to the Israelis. It’s kind of a world specialty. But I think our new American president may have taken the cake.

You know who should “engage in serious self-reflection”? The Arabs — and the Turks and the Iranians. Israelis are self-reflecting to a fault. In other parts of the Middle East, if you self-reflect, and then express the results of that self-reflection — your government could kill you.

I like to quote a marvelous book about Israel, the one George Gilder wrote in 2009: The Israel Test. (I reviewed it for NR, and that review can be found here.) Let me offer a passage from the book. I thought of this passage when our administration labeled Netanyahu a “chickensh**” and a “coward.” Gilder is writing about Netanyahu:

In May 1969, he nearly lost his life in an action against Egyptian forces that had been laying traps for the Israelis near the Suez Canal. The team succeeded in destroying an Egyptian truck loaded with weapons, but two days later Egyptian troops opened fire on Netanyahu’s inflated rubber boat operating in the canal. Laden with ammunition for his machine gun, Bibi discovered that he could neither swim nor disengage himself from his sling full of ammo. He had virtually drowned by the time he was rescued by a naval commando named Israel Assaf, who happened to notice bubbles of foam on the surface, felt for a head under the water, and extracted Bibi by his hair under intense Egyptian fire.

True, Netanyahu never worked as a “community organizer” — that peak of human experience. But he is not unacquainted with the often-hard realities of life.

Netanyahu, writes Gilder, “is the obverse of Obama in nearly every way.” Let the author count those ways:

While the youthful Obama was a community-action organizer and lawyer, Netanyahu was an anti-terrorist warrior. While Obama imagines that taxes in general are too low and inadequately progressive, Netanyahu is a sophisticated supply-side economist who believes that lower rates bring higher revenues and who opened his administration by advocating tax cuts. While in the past the United States has long offered a haven for frustrated Israeli entrepreneurs and other Jewish capitalists, Israel under Netanyahu will beckon as a land of hope and hospitality to frustrated American venture capitalists and entrepreneurs.

While Obama believes that foreign aid is the answer to Palestinian poverty, Netanyahu knows that new opportunities opened up by Israeli enterprise are the only solution to the regional crisis. While Obama believes that the United States has overreacted to the threat of terrorism, Netanyahu for nearly thirty years has championed and explained the war on terror in both the United States and Israel, in books, international meetings, and through the Jonathan Institute (named for his late older brother who died in the stunning Entebbe hostage rescue in Uganda). Netanyahu sees jihad as the single greatest threat to the West, and no other politician is so learned or so determined in combating it. While Obama thinks Churchill is a man whose time has passed, Netanyahu has read and pondered all of Churchill’s works and admires the British titan “above all other gentiles.” The time for Churchillian leadership, according to Netanyahu, is now.

It may well be that Benjamin Netanyahu is the embodiment of everything Barack Obama despises. They should really be on the same side. America and Israel are on the same side, by and large.

Frankly, it pains me (a bit) to side with Netanyahu over Obama, in their spats. Am I an Israel Firster? (My critics, on left and right, will answer that one for you.) But the question of worldview transcends nationality, doesn’t it? Netanyahu has one worldview; Obama has another. Obama chimes with Edward Said. I chime with Bernard Lewis and David Pryce-Jones — and Netanyahu.

And Paul Johnson: who once, when I asked him about great figures on the world stage, mentioned Netanyahu. “I believe he is a man of destiny,” he said.

Read more at: National Review

The Gross Hypocrisy of Benjamin Netanyahu

Don’t pretend Bibi didn’t mean to offend Obama. He is a bully and a liar.

By William Saletan

Benjamin Netanyahu says his speech against President Obama’s Iran policy, delivered on the floor of Congress, shouldn’t be taken as an affront. “My speech is not intended to show any disrespect to President Obama,” Netanyahu told AIPAC, the pro-Israel lobby group, on Monday. In his remarks to Congress on Tuesday morning, the prime minister brushed aside those who “perceive my being here as political.”
Will Saletan writes about politics, science, technology, and other stuff for Slate. He’s the author of Bearing Right.

But back home, Netanyahu shows no such tolerance. He claims to represent not just all Israelis, but all Jews. When critics question his policies, he purges them from office, challenges their patriotism, and accuses them of serving foreign masters. If anyone were to do in Israel what Netanyahu has just done here—walk into the nation’s parliament at the unilateral invitation of an opposition party and deliver a speech against the government’s foreign policy—Netanyahu would have cried treason.

Let’s get a few excuses out of the way. First, the indisputable purpose of this speech was to enlist Congress as a weapon against Obama. Two weeks ago, according to Haaretz, Israel’s ambassador to the United States—the Netanyahu protégé who negotiated the speaking engagement—told officials in Jerusalem that Netanyahu was going to Congress because Israel “has almost no ability to influence the negotiations through other channels.” Last Friday, campaigning in Israel, Netanyahu said he was coming here to lobby “the only body that may prevent” the Iran deal. The gist of both statements is obvious: Netanyahu doesn’t like Obama’s policy, so he’s trying to use Congress to block it.

Let’s be clear: Netanyahu came to defy Obama.

Netanyahu says he’s doing this only because Iranian nukes are an existential threat to Israel. But this isn’t the first time Netanyahu has publicly challenged Obama. The last time he did it—lecturing Obama in the Oval Office, in front of television cameras, for seven minutes in May 2011—the subject wasn’t Iran. It was peace talks with the Palestinians.

In Israel, Netanyahu is exploiting his fight with the administration. He accuses his rivals in the center and on the left of “groveling to the international community” while he stands up to foreign pressure. A Likud campaign ad casts Netanyahu in the tradition of past Israeli leaders who, according to the ad, defied “the American secretary of state” and “the American State Department.”

So let’s be clear: Netanyahu has come here to defy Obama. He has done so because confrontation is in his nature. And he’s politicizing it. You can dismiss all his protestations that the speech shouldn’t be taken as an assault on the authority of our head of state. Because that’s exactly how Netanyahu treats criticism of his own policies back home.

Two years ago, Netanyahu formed a coalition government with several smaller parties. He got to be prime minister. In exchange, leaders of the other parties got jobs in the cabinet. Israel has a parliamentary system, so the other leaders are members of Israel’s congress. Two of them criticized some of Netanyahu’s policies. So, in December, Netanyahu fired them. “I will not tolerate opposition anymore within the government,” he declared.

Netanyahu didn’t just dissolve the government and force new elections; he demanded greater authority. He announced plans to pass a new law that would strip dissenting parties of their power to check the prime minister by withdrawing from the government. Under the new law, said Netanyahu, “the head of the largest party will automatically be installed by the government, and will be ensured a four-year term,” unless a supermajority of parliament votes to remove him.

In January, after the Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris, France organized a massive march against terrorism. The French government asked Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas not to attend. France didn’t want Israeli-Palestinian issues or Netanyahu’s election campaign to cloud the message of the march. Netanyahu attended anyway. In a direct challenge to the national solidarity and pluralism France wanted to convey, Netanyahu urged “all French Jews” to move to Israel. He worked his way up to the front row of the march and plugged his own biography in a speech. “I am personally familiar with the wounds of terror,” he recalled. “As a soldier, I was wounded in an operation to free hostages who had been kidnapped on a Sabena airplane.”

Having sown division in France, Netanyahu used his trip to quash dissent in Israel. He portrayed his participation at the march—which he had decided to attend only after discovering that two other Israeli politicians would be there—as glory for Israel, since Netanyahu represented the nation. “There is great significance in what the world saw, the prime minister of Israel marching with all the world leaders in a united effort against terrorism,” said Netanyahu. In fact, he asserted, “I came to Paris not only as prime minister of Israel, but as a representative of the Jewish people.”

When Netanyahu’s point man negotiates a congressional speech behind Obama’s back, it’s just a disagreement among friends. But when a former Obama campaign operative meddles in Israeli politics, Netanyahu treats it as an invasion. A month ago, Netanyahu’s political party, Likud, found out that an Israeli peace organization had hired a strategist who had previously worked for Obama’s 2012 campaign. The strategist also worked for like-minded groups in other countries. Likud demanded that Israeli election officials prohibit the group from participating in the election. Likud accused the group of using “foreign funding” and said its overseas connections “raise a red flag ... regarding the true allegiance” of Netanyahu’s rivals.

When Israelis question the wisdom of Netanyahu’s hard line on Iran, or his plan to speak in Congress, he dismisses them and purports to speak for the whole nation. Two weeks ago, he told Israelis that he would come to Congress “representing all the citizens of Israel.” On Sunday, he went further: “I am the emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people.” A statement from Likud accused dissenters of betraying national security: “On such a crucial existential … issue for the citizens of Israel, opposition leaders should rise above political and personal considerations and stand alongside Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.”

So please, Mr. Prime Minister, don’t pretend we shouldn’t take offense at what you just did. If anybody did the same to you, you’d never stand for it.

Benjamin Netanyahu is a hypocrite: He intended to offend President Obama no matter what he claims.

This can't be Gaza... I've seen Jews in the video.

The Gross Hypocrisy of Benjamin Netanyahu
Don’t pretend Bibi didn’t mean to offend Obama. He is a bully and a liar.
By William Saletan
Saletan never used the words "hypocrisy" or "liar" in his piece - that's a strike against his editors at Slate - and Saletan's arguments are unconvincing, perhaps even facetious. (For example, just because Netanyahu says his visit to the U.S. isn't meant to be political - i.e., partisan - doesn't imply he behaves that way in Israel.) Looking at the comments many readers perceive it this way.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom