What's new

Netanyahu's speech to Congress, March 3rd, 2015

B_LvTrRUsAAZT19.png

You don't go and twist US President's arm by using his weaknesses in domestic politics to give a speech before US congress and expect nothing in return. We are talking about a speech which is fundamentally against Obama's policy on Iran. Especially you don't give such a speech to have political gains back in Israel in the wake of elections. Netanyahu knew the risks, so he decorated his speech with lots of compliments towards Obama and his administration despite it is a well known fact that the two don't get along, in order to minimize possible and likely retaliation.

Obama can do lots of things to Israel as to any other country. He as the president has the authority. And as I said, those congressman who turned into "Beliebers" in a Justin Bieber concert cannot prevent it.

Mavi Marmara and Israeli apology to Turkey several years after the incident is a nice example for what Obama can and can not do.

No I disagree with you. Now you are talking about something else. You are suggesting that the president would take active steps to punish the Israeli state as a form of collective punishment because of Netanyahu. Now thats just not true.
The support for Israel is deeply and maybe even ideologically rooted in the American political system, as it stands today.
Even if many congress people disagree with what Netanyahu did, they distinguish him from the state to state relationship between the US and Israel.
Obama got openly HUMILIATED by Netanyahu in 2011.. In diplomatic terms, he spat in Obamas face, and it changed nothing.
The amount of support (military, economic and diplomatic) the US has given to Israel in Obama's tenure is beyond previous levels.

Obama may be able to indirectly influence Israeli elections to get him ousted from power, by trying to give the Israelis the impression that if you vote for Netanyahu, then you are on a path towards isolation and worsening relations with the US (even if its not necessarily true)
Kinda like how Clinton got rid of Yitzak Shamir.
But Israelis just dont make that assertion today. This speech was by and large very popular among Netanyahus constituence and will score him political points. I will place bet that he will win the elections again.

Other than that, there is not much else Obama can do to really hurt Netanyahu other than refusing to meet him in the White house, and other stupid petty shit.

Last edited:
Did my post offended you...persian friend or i was wrong...anyways i never said any thing against any religion or country ...i acknowledged his speech on two counts

1.Treat the wounded of Syria on humanitarian grounds

2.Maintaining the peace in Israel when the region suffered death,anarchy,slavery and medieval beheadings

feel free to correct me

1. Pure stupidity that you are presenting this Humanitarian Help excuse? It is very clear that Israel's policy is to help the Jihadies in every possible manner in order to destroy Hizbullah and Syria.

2. These are these same Jihadies who are bringing death, anarchy, slavery and medieval beheadings. And they are supported by Israel/Saudia/US in this conflict.

3. I wished Indian friend has opened his eyes and saw the truth that Israel is indeed on wrong side by stealing the Palestinian land.

No I disagree with you. Now you are talking about something else. You are suggesting that the president would take active steps to punish the Israeli state as a form of collective punishment because of Netanyahu. Now thats just not true.
The support for Israel is deeply and maybe even ideologically rooted in the American political system, as it stands today.
Even if many congress people disagree with what Netanyahu did, they distinguish him from the state to state relationship between the US and Israel.
Obama got openly HUMILIATED by Netanyahu in 2011, and it changed nothing. The amount of support (military, economic and diplomatic) the US has given to Israel in Obama's tenure is beyond previous levels.

Obama may be able to indirectly influence Israeli elections to get him ousted from power, by trying to give the Israelis the impression that if you vote for Netanyahu, then you are on a path towards isolation and worsening relations with the US (even if its not necessarily true)
Kinda like how Clinton got rid of Menachem Begin.
But Israelis just dont make that assertion today. This speech was by and large very popular among Netanyahus constituence and will score him political points. I will place bet that he will win the elections again.

Other than that, there is not much else Obama can do to really hurt Netanyahu other than refusing to meet him in the White house, and other stupid petty shit.

I am not interested in Obama or Republicans.
But I am interested in the US Public opinion. It seems that indeed US Public disliked Bibi.
Sooner or later Bibi and hardliners will feel it from US public and also from the people in Europe. Just one such incident will be enough to light the differences.

Obama got openly HUMILIATED by Netanyahu in 2011.. In diplomatic terms, he spat in Obamas face, and it changed nothing.
The amount of support (military, economic and diplomatic) the US has given to Israel in Obama's tenure is beyond previous levels.

Kinda like how Clinton got rid of Menachem Begin.

You are underestimating Obama so much. There are thousands of different ways at his disposal to punish Netanyahu and/or Israel if he ever chose to do so.

He obviously won't lift Iran's sanctions all of a sudden just because of this, or impose sanctions on Israel. That's not what I'm saying. He can simply accelerate the talks between Iran and US in favor of Iran, is one way that I can think of. From this, to those petty shits, he can do thousands of different things to show his reaction. Let's wait and see I say.

You don't go and twist US President's arm by using his weaknesses in domestic politics to give a speech before US congress and expect nothing in return. We are talking about a speech which is fundamentally against Obama's policy on Iran. Especially you don't give such a speech to have political gains back in Israel in the wake of elections. Netanyahu knew the risks, so he decorated his speech with lots of compliments towards Obama and his administration despite it is a well known fact that the two don't get along, in order to minimize possible and likely retaliation.

Obama can do lots of things to Israel as to any other country. He as the president has the authority. And as I said, those congressman who turned into "Beliebers" in a Justin Bieber concert cannot prevent it.

Mavi Marmara and Israeli apology to Turkey several years after the incident is a nice example for what Obama can and can not do.
What is Obama's secret weapon against Bibi? - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

You are underestimating Obama so much. There are thousands of different ways at his disposal to punish Netanyahu and/or Israel if he ever chose to do so.

He obviously won't lift Iran's sanctions all of a sudden just because of this, or impose sanctions on Israel. That's not what I'm saying. He can simply accelerate the talks between Iran and US in favor of Iran, is one way that I can think of. From this, to those petty shits, he can do thousands of different things to show his reaction. Let's wait and see I say.

Again, I will disagree.
The nuclear talks between Iran and the US is not a function of Netanyahu's insolence, but because it is perceived as being an American interest.
The US and Israeli strategic interests are starting to diverge when it comes to Iran, and it is independent of what Netanyau says or does imo.

Im not underestimating Obama. Im sure he wants Netanyahu to die a horrible death for all I know, but he is limited in the ways he can hurt him personally or Israel, because of the American political atmosphere.

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu offered "nothing new" in his much-anticipated speech to Congress, suggesting that the Israeli leader failed to articulate an alternative strategy -
Netanyahu rejects Obama criticism of Iran speech

3 hours ago

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu waves following his address to a joint session of the US Congress in Washington, on March 3, 2015 (AFP Photo/Mandel Ngan)
Ben Gurion Airport (Israel) (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday brushed aside criticism from US President Barack Obama of his speech to Congress, in which he warned Washington was paving the way to a nuclear-armed Iran.

The White House was infuriated by Netanyahu's address Tuesday to a joint session of the US Congress, where he laid out Israeli concerns at an emerging world deal with Iran on its nuclear programme.

Obama, who refused to meet Netanyahu during his 48-hour visit to Washington, dismissed the speech as containing "nothing new," saying the Israeli leader "did not offer any viable alternatives".

Netanyahu, however, insisted on Wednesday that he had "presented a practical alternative, which would impose tougher restrictions on Iran's nuclear program, extending Iran's breakout time by years".

"I also called on the P5+1 (world powers negotiating a nuclear deal with Iran) to insist on a deal that would link the lifting of those restrictions to Iran's ceasing its sponsorship of terrorism around the world, its aggression against its neighbours and its calls for Israel's destruction," he said on his return to Israel.

The Israeli leader also cited "encouraging responses from both Democrats and Republicans" to his address.

"They understood that the current proposal would lead to a bad deal and that the alternative is a better deal," said Netanyahu.

Israel believes Iran and world powers are likely to reach a deal that eases international sanctions on Tehran without applying sufficiently stringent safeguards to stop it developing nuclear weapons.

Netanyahu's address came just four weeks before a March 31 target for a framework deal, and two weeks before a March 17 general election in Israel in which Netanyahu is hoping to win a third consecutive term in office.

1. Pure stupidity that you are presenting this Humanitarian Help excuse? It is very clear that Israel's policy is to help the Jihadies in every possible manner in order to destroy Hizbullah and Syria.

2. These are these same Jihadies who are bringing death, anarchy, slavery and medieval beheadings. And they are supported by Israel/Saudia/US in this conflict.

3. I wished Indian friend has opened his eyes and saw the truth that Israel is indeed on wrong side by stealing the Palestinian land.

I am not interested in Obama or Republicans.
But I am interested in the US Public opinion. It seems that indeed US Public disliked Bibi.
Sooner or later Bibi and hardliners will feel it from US public and also from the people in Europe. Just one such incident will be enough to light the differences.
Spare me of some shty conspiracy theories....i follow credible media reports not some jihadi blogs

1.when did i say anything about Palestine...its their internal matter...neither Indian nor Pakistani shouldn't bother abt that

2.what is this

Israeli doctor treating Syrians says snipers deliberately shoot children in the spine - Telegraph

Those are certainly congressmen in lower. Both congressmen bellow and guests above clapped. So what u are trying to prove with ur conspiracy I dont know.

Even Rand Paul was standing and clapping with priceless face:

rand.1425434170.jpg

But maybe u are right and its actually his robot clone from parallel universe.

Rand Paul was applauding very reluctantly almost looked like out of respect or to be polite. He has previous called for stopping all aid to Israel.

You still didn't mention how it's a lie. We do want to obliterate the Zionist system, just like you will do the same to Iran if you can, just like US was trying to do so for Soviet Union and vice versa. That doesn't mean we want to kill every Jew or Israeli, not only it's a lie, but we wouldn't gain any benefit from it.

So yes, Nutjobyahoo is lying and a huge lie it is, Nasrallah never said such thing, but that bastard has listeners (retards I'd say) in congres and thank for being PM of Israel, he gets massive media attention. This guy is a Hitler in disguise and a liar Hitler which is even worse.
Well the reaction of the Nationalist Americans is also interesting.

Israel just lost some of it's fans in US

Tnx nutjubyaboo

Rand Paul was applauding very reluctantly almost looked like out of respect or to be polite. He has previous called for stopping all aid to Israel.
Thats what I meant by his priceless face. Totally enjoyed to see Rand Pauls and Pelosi's faces.

Spare me of some shty conspiracy theories....i follow credible media reports not some jihadi blogs

1.when did i say anything about Palestine...its their internal matter...neither Indian nor Pakistani shouldn't bother abt that

2.what is this

Israeli doctor treating Syrians says snipers deliberately shoot children in the spine - Telegraph

1. I wished you you used your brain instead of reading Israeli/Western propaganda blogs. Things are very clear, but for only those who use their brains.

2. You are a hypocrite.
On one side you say to turn blind eyes from the illegal activities of Israeli settlements etc. in name of "Internal Conflict of Palestine/Israel"... but on the same time you hypocrite weep about internal affairs of China in Tibet.

3. Open your eyes and watch for one sniper propaganda video, there are hundreds of real videos where Israel is bombing hell out of Palestinian children.

It is very clear that Israel is supporting the Jihadies. That is why ISIS and al-Nusra have not fired a single bullet towards Israel. By the way, both of them declare Israel to be evil, but still they didn't shot a single bullet. ... that is why I already told you that you need a brain and not the Israeli propaganda in order to understand it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom