What's new

Netanyahu: Iran 'weeks away' from crossing red line

The international community is a bogus notion. Who is the International community? The UNSC? The NAM? The western nations? Israel and her allies?... At the end of the day, it all comes down to more powerful nations trying to maintain the balance of power from changing in the their disfavor. The problem is they couch all of this in very moralistic language and some simple minded folks from around the world buy into it.

For me it's all about freedom for Iran and Iranians to choose their own destiny and internal/external policies. It's not the first time we go through this. In the 50s we were militarily blockaded for having the audacity to be the 1st country to have nationalized their oil. In the 1910s we were invaded by Russia for having a democracy and choosing a Treasurer General they didn't like. So the pretext is really not important.

So to answer your question, yes I believe Iran should be ready to pay a heavy price for her independence.

You mention these past conflicts, but they did not bring more freedom and independence, but Operation Ajax and '79. Regardless of how one looks at it, a country will always be an underdog of either Western countries or Russia/China (roughly speaking). I fail to see how this justifies putting a whole nation (and all that it entails) through all the hardships that comes with sanctions etc... that's my opinion at least.

This is his way of getting votes, make the people think they are in danger so he can push across his agenda, although Iran is supposedly building nuclear weapons if they wanted to get power from renewable energy there's always thorium based reactors they could use...

Just saying....
they are in designing phase and there is no commercial one and we don't have thorium

Iran has been weeks away from getting the bomb for two decades now...

Back
Top Bottom