What's new

Nepal ban on Hindi movies, Indian plate vehicles

seems like another mahabharata is needed for long lasting peace.Even europe understood it hard way after fighting 2 world wars.But indian subcontinent people dont.seems like they require mahabharata at regular intervals.

You mad ..... a quarter of the world was killed in the first one, and you want a second one.

You have been massively influenced by Pathan thinking.

:lol: I kill you..............Epic line
Knock Knock, whose there, Its me Akhmed, I kill you

Welcome to the club mate. He also objected Akhmed's 72 virgin statement.

BTW have you seen Akhmed in Boot camp ?

Most probably No. I will try to watch it . Saw 3-4 shows of Akhmed including Jingle bombs Xmas episode. Funny funny funny!

Dude provide some credible source, not a blog. This article is overhyped.

There was indeed controversy with textbook which was challenged in Supreme court and Supreme court giving verdict in favour of textbooks.
That blog sourced its data when Arjun Singh was HRD minister immediately when UPA-1 came to power.Idiot even changed decades old famous Kendriya vidyalaya logo just coz there was lotus in the logo.So you can expect such a report from NCERT.I'm not sure if they do the morning assembly prayers in KV's now.

You mad ..... a quarter of the world was killed in the first one, and you want a second one.
look at the brighter side of the things.it bought the lasting peace with the establishment of dharmic rule.And it did reduce population pressure on the earth's resources.

You have been massively influenced by Pathan thinking.
may be.... but then it seems a hindu still lingers with in pathan somewhere that they still have mahabharata's destructive thinking.

Its a good thing the Nepalese don't like India too much.

India is looking for hegemony in the region, and the Nepalese realize that.

Its looks like the Nepalese may tilt towards China.
Afterall, atleast they don't have newspapers saying negative things against China.

You are too young for this.

However, if you insist. One more and no more. Please move on.

BJP Doctoring Indian Text Books to Spread Communal Hatred

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1523/15230140.htm

School textbooks appear to be headed for a thorough recasting - this has been made clear by Union Human Resource Development Minister Murli Manohar Joshi on several occasions. State governments run by the Bharatiya Janata Party have already made in school syllabi several changes that reflect the crude communal bias and the generally low level of scholarship that characterise what has come to be called the Hindutva view of history. But with the BJP now leading the Government at the Centre, there is likely to be a more concerted effort at rewriting history, using government-funded establishments such as the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and the National Council for Teacher Training (NCTE). The unexpected political opposition shown to the Union Government's attempts to reverse the existing education policy may make things less easy to effect such an overhaul, but an overhaul is very much on the cards.

SUBSTANTIAL amendments and additions that suit the RSS ideology and seek to make BJP leaders and their allies popular have been made in grammar, history and political science books for Classes IX, X, XI and XII in Rajasthan. After the May nuclear explosions at Pokhran, school textbooks have been revised to justify the blasts as well as serve the function of indoctrination on the benefits that have allegedly flowed from the event.

Writings of RSS ideologues on subjects ranging from matters of science to ruminations over the loss of the Sindhu (Indus) river to the "other side" have been given substantial importance in school texts. In one of the texts, "A New Collection of Poems and Literary Writings" (Nutan Gadya Padya Sangraha - the original title in Hindi), prescribed for Class IX, there are, among others, four articles, one each by Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya), RSS chief; Tarun Vijay, editor of the RSS weekly Panchajanya; K.C. Sudarshan, also an RSS ideologue; and Dr. Jalamsingh Ravlot of the Swadeshi Jagran Manch. All four articles were added this year.

While Rajendra Singh waxes eloquent on ancient Indian science and scientists, Tarun Vijay laments over the loss of the Indus and wonders why it does not flow in Bharat like the other rivers. Sudarshan advocates the adoption of an ancient, traditional approach in dealing with problems of modernity and blames the West for all ecological problems. What is significant here is that while the authors reminisce about the virtues of ancient India, they also promote contemporary BJP leaders.

In the exercise section of the chapter, there are some seemingly innocuous questions posed to students: "How did the Sindhu get separated from us?'' or "Where does the rest of the river lie now?" or "Apart from the author, who were the other important persons and leaders who went on the Sindhu Darshan and what feelings did they express?"

In a textbook for Class XI, titled Political Science - An Introduction and Indian Political Thinkers, a chapter on Deen Dayal Upadhyay has been added. This 1998-99 edition describes him as a person who had deep respect for "ancient and highly sophisticated culture of India", who envisaged an "ideal Dharmarajya" and who was upset that "while designing the Indian Constitution, the natural and national values had been ignored." The 20-page section highlights his belief in "Akhand Bharat" which was all for dissolving the 1947 Partition and cites the occasion in April 1964 when he along with Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia conceived of a "Mahasangh" in which India and the partitioned countries (Pakistan and Bangladesh) would be included.

Dr. Rajeev Gupta, Associate Professor of Sociology, Rajasthan University, who is also president of the Janwadi Lekhakh Sangh, told Frontline that these additions and changes would be a political issue in the November 25 Assembly elections. He said that an entire generation was being communalised as subtle changes suiting the right-wing ideology of the BJP had been introduced right from the primary education stage through higher education. "Students carry forward a set of communal biases until the post-graduate stage. These kind of interpretations make no positive and qualitative change in their conservative mind-sets," said. Gupta.

Gupta said that the objection was against the projection of one ideological dimension - the right-wing one. "Only those who support the BJP-RSS brand of cultural nationalism directly or indirectly are now being encouraged to write textbooks," he said.
uncle ji aapne to kaha tha ncert ke baare me . but here u are talking about rss run SSM but uncle in 1999 syllabus were not change they were failed to change state syllabus .by the way i am not happy with our current syllabus who praise more invaders than local hero like ranjeet singh .and plese stop posting news from anti india and hindu fake and bs blogs (many are run by ur countrymen ).:hitwall:

That blog sourced its data when Arjun Singh was HRD minister immediately when UPA-1 came to power.Idiot even changed decades old famous Kendriya vidyalaya logo just coz there was lotus in the logo.So you can expect such a report from NCERT.I'm not sure if they do the morning assembly prayers in KV's now.

This is nothing before his abrupt introduction of OBC quota by increasing the seats harming the quality of IITs and NITs instantly.

You really don't know anything about Mahabharat. I feel sorry for Pakistanis they know history of Cordoba but don't know pre-Islamic history of their own land.

Its a good thing the Nepalese don't like India too much.

India is looking for hegemony in the region, and the Nepalese realize that.

Its looks like the Nepalese may tilt towards China.
Afterall, atleast they don't have newspapers saying negative things against China.

Sorry, Nepalese don't have Hinduphobic Pakistanis, so don't expect they think like you.

Supreme Court of India rejected all those allegations with the verdict.

ha ha ha ....

Kabhi kabhi apnay mulk ki hi kahbrein parrh liya karo na.

The Indian Supreme Court appointed investigative commission did not find his involvement in one case only. The Supreme Court has not rejected any allegations or give a verdict so far. He is still involved in a number of other cases.

samajh ayee kya. kiyun choton ko kharab kartay ho.

look at the brighter side of the things.it bought the lasting peace with the establishment of dharmic rule.And it did reduce population pressure on the earth's resources.

Duh .......

may be.... but then it seems a hindu still lingers with in pathan somewhere that they still have mahabharata's destructive thinking.

I am upper caste Muslim Brahmin. Don't teach me Hindu thinking.

You really don't know anything about Mahabharat. I feel sorry for Pakistanis they know history of Cordoba but don't know pre-Islamic history of their own land.

The number killed in the Mahabharata War

April 9, 2009 — Hariprasad

My previous article on the Akshouhini gave rise to some interesting discussions in the comments section. Sri Chiraan rightly pointed out that the actual number of people who participated in the war had to be much more. It was, after all, the “Maha”bharata war!

I recalled reading in the Tatparya Nirnaya that the number 18 Akshouhinis was just the core army. The actual army *had* to be much bigger! So I got down to doing some research on this and yes, the Bhaarata has captured this detail as well. We find details of the actual fatalities (and survivors) in the war in the Stri Parva. The Pandavas, along with Krishna, come to meet Dhritharashtra and Gandhari. At one point, Dhritharashtra asks Yudhishthira if he knows the number of people dead and number of survivors. The numbers that Dharma reveals are

• Fatalities : 1 billion, 660 million and 20,000!!!

• Survivors : 240,165

Today’s world population is 6 billion, 700 odd million. Even in today’s terms, about 25% of the population got wiped out in the war!

This piece of information is in the Stri Parva (11th Parva) of the Mahabharata. I reproduce below the original shloka(s) and Ganguly’s translation of the same.

dashayutanam ayutam sahasrani cha vimshatihi |
kotyah shashtishcha shat chaiva ye asmin rajamrudhe hataha ||
alakshyaanam tu veeraanam sahasraani chaturdasha |
dasha chaanyani rajendra shataam shashtis cha pancha cha ||

“One billion 660 million and 20,000 men have fallen in this battle. Of the heroes that have escaped, the number is 240,165″

Truly, the war was a Maha Yuddha!

The number killed in the Mahabharata War « Anandatirtha Prathishtana

Sorry, Nepalese don't have Hinduphobic Pakistanis, so don't expect they think like you.

Are you talking about the Nepalese Maoists or what?

she is married 2 a pathan :mamba:

ooooopsss

I didn't know that.

Back
Top Bottom