What's new

Nepal ban on Hindi movies, Indian plate vehicles

You are too young for this.

However, if you insist. One more and no more. Please move on.

BJP Doctoring Indian Text Books to Spread Communal Hatred

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1523/15230140.htm

School textbooks appear to be headed for a thorough recasting - this has been made clear by Union Human Resource Development Minister Murli Manohar Joshi on several occasions. State governments run by the Bharatiya Janata Party have already made in school syllabi several changes that reflect the crude communal bias and the generally low level of scholarship that characterise what has come to be called the Hindutva view of history. But with the BJP now leading the Government at the Centre, there is likely to be a more concerted effort at rewriting history, using government-funded establishments such as the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and the National Council for Teacher Training (NCTE). The unexpected political opposition shown to the Union Government's attempts to reverse the existing education policy may make things less easy to effect such an overhaul, but an overhaul is very much on the cards.

SUBSTANTIAL amendments and additions that suit the RSS ideology and seek to make BJP leaders and their allies popular have been made in grammar, history and political science books for Classes IX, X, XI and XII in Rajasthan. After the May nuclear explosions at Pokhran, school textbooks have been revised to justify the blasts as well as serve the function of indoctrination on the benefits that have allegedly flowed from the event.

Writings of RSS ideologues on subjects ranging from matters of science to ruminations over the loss of the Sindhu (Indus) river to the "other side" have been given substantial importance in school texts. In one of the texts, "A New Collection of Poems and Literary Writings" (Nutan Gadya Padya Sangraha - the original title in Hindi), prescribed for Class IX, there are, among others, four articles, one each by Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya), RSS chief; Tarun Vijay, editor of the RSS weekly Panchajanya; K.C. Sudarshan, also an RSS ideologue; and Dr. Jalamsingh Ravlot of the Swadeshi Jagran Manch. All four articles were added this year.

While Rajendra Singh waxes eloquent on ancient Indian science and scientists, Tarun Vijay laments over the loss of the Indus and wonders why it does not flow in Bharat like the other rivers. Sudarshan advocates the adoption of an ancient, traditional approach in dealing with problems of modernity and blames the West for all ecological problems. What is significant here is that while the authors reminisce about the virtues of ancient India, they also promote contemporary BJP leaders.

In the exercise section of the chapter, there are some seemingly innocuous questions posed to students: "How did the Sindhu get separated from us?'' or "Where does the rest of the river lie now?" or "Apart from the author, who were the other important persons and leaders who went on the Sindhu Darshan and what feelings did they express?"

In a textbook for Class XI, titled Political Science - An Introduction and Indian Political Thinkers, a chapter on Deen Dayal Upadhyay has been added. This 1998-99 edition describes him as a person who had deep respect for "ancient and highly sophisticated culture of India", who envisaged an "ideal Dharmarajya" and who was upset that "while designing the Indian Constitution, the natural and national values had been ignored." The 20-page section highlights his belief in "Akhand Bharat" which was all for dissolving the 1947 Partition and cites the occasion in April 1964 when he along with Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia conceived of a "Mahasangh" in which India and the partitioned countries (Pakistan and Bangladesh) would be included.

Dr. Rajeev Gupta, Associate Professor of Sociology, Rajasthan University, who is also president of the Janwadi Lekhakh Sangh, told Frontline that these additions and changes would be a political issue in the November 25 Assembly elections. He said that an entire generation was being communalised as subtle changes suiting the right-wing ideology of the BJP had been introduced right from the primary education stage through higher education. "Students carry forward a set of communal biases until the post-graduate stage. These kind of interpretations make no positive and qualitative change in their conservative mind-sets," said. Gupta.

Gupta said that the objection was against the projection of one ideological dimension - the right-wing one. "Only those who support the BJP-RSS brand of cultural nationalism directly or indirectly are now being encouraged to write textbooks," he said.

You love to believe lies, but here is a credible source, the books themselves.. Please, find me the communal hatred.

National Council Of Educational Research And Training :: Home

Select grade, select subject, select book name, and enjoy. :enjoy:

uncle ji aapne to kaha tha ncert ke baare me . but here u are talking about rss run SSM but uncle in 1999 syllabus were not change they were failed to change state syllabus .by the way i am not happy with our current syllabus who praise more invaders than local hero like ranjeet singh .and plese stop posting news from anti india and hindu fake and bs blogs (many are run by ur countrymen ).:hitwall:

I have the reports but these are not published on the NCERT site.

But it is time for you to scoot and play luddo. Get lost.

EzioAltaïr;3455266 said:
You love to believe lies, but here is a credible source, the books themselves.. Please, find me the communal hatred.

National Council Of Educational Research And Training :: Home

Select grade, select subject, select book name, and enjoy. :enjoy:

You read what I have posted from Indian sources and counter these points by quoting the correct aspects from these books.

Supreme Court of India rejected all those allegations with the verdict.

As i know BJP really does this. Because there were lot of protest in Karnataka too about this.

"I wouldn't mind facing any kind of action for advising education minister Visveshvara Hegde Kageri to saffronise schools. I am ready to face any consequence for preserving Indian culture and religion," he told reporters here.

-Eshwarappa BJP minster.

K S Eshwarappa defends statement on saffronisation of schools

Problem is if anything against RSS is told, or any one else other than RSS or BJP is said some thing against BJP then it is called "sickularism".

@ticker you must know it that one of main causes of mahabharata was shakuni og gandhar present day kandhar.

@ticker you must know it that one of main causes of mahabharata was shakuni og gandhar present day kandhar.

Yeah. Most wars have one of the three aspects.

Zan, zar aur zameen.

And some how, the Pathan is involved in all this one way or the other.

And you want to start another Mahabharata - Pathan in you speaking.

You read what I have posted from Indian sources and counter these points by quoting the correct aspects from these books.

Isn't that what I exactly did (to be called a bigot just because I pointed to some western source on the persecution of Hindus by the Muslim sultans and Mughals) :hitwall:

If you have already posted sources, then it should be a piece of cake for you to find the actual quote. Please go through it and tell me, until I get a quote from the book itself, I call it lies.

As i know BJP really does this. Because there were lot of protest in Karnataka too about this.

"I wouldn't mind facing any kind of action for advising education minister Visveshvara Hegde Kageri to saffronise schools. I am ready to face any consequence for preserving Indian culture and religion," he told reporters here.

-Eshwarappa BJP minster.

K S Eshwarappa defends statement on saffronisation of schools

Problem is if anything against RSS is told, or any one else other than RSS or BJP is said some thing against BJP then it is called "sickularism".

I was talking about NCERT book controversy during NDA tenure at centre on which Supreme court found nothing controversial. I don't know about this particular case.

Yeah. Most wars have one of the three aspects.

Zan, zar aur zameen.
Thats what men think that they must protect these thre hence they fight for it and then blame these as reason for wars.instead real reason for war is man's own lust and greed which he can control.but for his superiority and ego sake he blames zan ,zar,zameen.but he will never admit fault with in him that its his fault ie greed and lust which are responsible for wars.

And some how, the Pathan is involved in all this one way or the other.
yes by hook or crook.

And you want to start another Mahabharata - Pathan in you speaking.
kharbooje ko dekh ke kharbooja rang badalta hai.kuch to effect hoga na after all.

EzioAltaïr;3455321 said:
If you have already posted sources, then it should be a piece of cake for you to find the actual quote. Please go through it and tell me, until I get a quote from the book itself, I call it lies.

I have read stuff and formed my opinion. You guys are asking me to read so much and many of the same things again.

You convince me otherwise.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom