What's new

Need help regarding Child Adoption

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi all,

I have a son who just turned 3 and is about to start going school in coming 6 months (hopefully), so its time to think about expanding the family. :D

After thinking about this, I've decided to adopt a child instead of going for our own child (2 kids in total are all I want). Luckily, my wife's always been the first one to support me in every tough decision, so here again she has understood my point of view and agreed. Honestly, I had bit of tough time convincing my dad but in the end all's perfectly fine as we all are agreed about all the responsibility and stuff that comes with a child adoption.

Why I decided to adopt a child, well I remember as a child that my mom always wanted to adopt an orphan cousin of mine but my father (due to some family conflicts and other issues) never agreed, and he had valid reasons. So I've always had it in me (thanks to my mom), always wanted to adopt a child and raise him as my own along with my own kids.

---

Now the problem is, after convincing my entire family I still have no idea about how to proceed with this plan. Not sure where should I consult or contact for child adoption. I know there are organizations like Edhi etc but I want suggestions about the legal process as well. Unfortunately, none of my close relatives or friends have adopted anyone so I'm unable to find valuable assistance hence here I am asking you guys.

Do let me know if there are any centers or organizations in Lahore (where I live) where I should contact, and how to proceed with the process. Like I've said, I want complete custody of the child as I want to raise him as my own. Boy or girl doesn't matter, cast / ethnicity - I don't buy these things. Ideally the child should be less than 1.5 years old so we can groom him as we want.

@Jzaib @Jango @Armstrong @jaibi @Tameem @WAJsal @Color_Less_Sky @Irfan Baloch @Bratva @Hyperion @Leader @Shamain @notorious_eagle

Well there are various.. Edhi is your best bet. First of all allow me to actually praise you for taking such a bold step. Believe me not many people actually go the adoption route if they have the option of marital pregnancy... Tbh you are the first I an hearing and it actually gives me great joy to hear that.

Child Adoption Center

You may find some information here and they have a form on this website which you can fill and give it to their adoption center...

This site may help as well

Pakistan Adoption

Good luck man. Wish you and your wife all the best bro.

Hi all,

I have a son who just turned 3 and is about to start going school in coming 6 months (hopefully), so its time to think about expanding the family. :D

After thinking about this, I've decided to adopt a child instead of going for our own child (2 kids in total are all I want). Luckily, my wife's always been the first one to support me in every tough decision, so here again she has understood my point of view and agreed. Honestly, I had bit of tough time convincing my dad but in the end all's perfectly fine as we all are agreed about all the responsibility and stuff that comes with a child adoption.

Why I decided to adopt a child, well I remember as a child that my mom always wanted to adopt an orphan cousin of mine but my father (due to some family conflicts and other issues) never agreed, and he had valid reasons. So I've always had it in me (thanks to my mom), always wanted to adopt a child and raise him as my own along with my own kids.

---

Now the problem is, after convincing my entire family I still have no idea about how to proceed with this plan. Not sure where should I consult or contact for child adoption. I know there are organizations like Edhi etc but I want suggestions about the legal process as well. Unfortunately, none of my close relatives or friends have adopted anyone so I'm unable to find valuable assistance hence here I am asking you guys.

Do let me know if there are any centers or organizations in Lahore (where I live) where I should contact, and how to proceed with the process. Like I've said, I want complete custody of the child as I want to raise him as my own. Boy or girl doesn't matter, cast / ethnicity - I don't buy these things. Ideally the child should be less than 1.5 years old so we can groom him as we want.

@Jzaib @Jango @Armstrong @jaibi @Tameem @WAJsal @Color_Less_Sky @Irfan Baloch @Bratva @Hyperion @Leader @Shamain @notorious_eagle
If you have any orphan in your family or relatives then you have to contact a lawyer for all process. Otherwise visit sweet homes and meet their management to ensure entire process. I don't think it is much difficult in our country .

Check with Edhi center if you don't want any future issues.
From relatives is a big mess my mom adopted my cousin as her first child but after the birth of my sister one and half year later my cousin’s mom take his son back forcibly.

If you have any orphan in your family or relatives then you have to contact a lawyer for all process. Otherwise visit sweet homes and meet their management to ensure entire process. I don't think it is much difficult in our country .

Check with Edhi center if you don't want any future issues.
From relatives is a big mess my mom adopted my cousin as her first child but after the birth of my sister one and half year later my cousin’s mom take his son back forcibly.

Adoption from relatives or family / friends isn't an option as there's no such prospect there.

Well there are various.. Edhi is your best bet. First of all allow me to actually praise you for taking such a bold step. Believe me not many people actually go the adoption route if they have the option of marital pregnancy... Tbh you are the first I an hearing and it actually gives me great joy to hear that.

Child Adoption Center

You may find some information here and they have a form on this website which you can fill and give it to their adoption center...

This site may help as well

Pakistan Adoption

Good luck man. Wish you and your wife all the best bro.

I had the gut feeling that it got to be Edhi, thanks for the post. Going to get in touch when these two and see how things turn out. :tup:

Screenshot_2015-12-07-20-36-51.png

They have it in their website as well. Good luck.

Edhi website says, only couples with no kids are eligible and their marriage has to be of above 10 - 11 years. Those who already have their own kids, are not eligible. :(

Hmmm.. Considering the amount of children in adoption centers , I don't they can be that picky... 10-11 years married childless couples in pakistan are hard to find...

I would suggest you visit their center, call them and inquire about this as well as file the application... If Edhi truly applies this rule then there are other adoption agencies like hope foundation mentioned in the pakistanadoption site. However I don't think they will apply it that vigorously... Try and try... There must be a way...

Hi all,

---

If you go by Islamic teachings, one cannot change the identity of the kid, as for a baby born out of wedlock, he too carries his father's name. an unknown baby is best option according to Islamic perspective.

Its a very bold step, very courageous, but has consequences... terrible consequences... our society is fucked up..trust me, your relatives will be the first ones to tell the kid when he grows that he/she is not your son/daughter.

I have seen first hand, how adopted kids are ruined.. the biggest mistake is that we hide the truth from the kid, he/she gonna know eventually, and that would shetter his/her life apart.. not to scare you, just a month ago in our locality, a boy, who get to know from some relative that the man you call abbu is not your real father, you are a bastard, the poor lad went on rail lines and commit suicide...

Im not scaring you, you are up to a noble cause.. I fully support, but I am just trying to give you a glimpse of what you are doing.. you should be aware.. the best start is truth.. never hide the truth from the child.

cc @Akheilos how are you Scholar? :)

Adoption from relatives or family / friends isn't an option as there's no such prospect there.

I had the gut feeling that it got to be Edhi, thanks for the post. Going to get in touch when these two and see how things turn out. :tup:

I salute you brother.. You are doing an awesome job...

When I was a kid my mother wanted to do similiar thing but I couldn't accept that... Looking at my stupidity a decade later... I feel ashamed.

But you my friend.. Great job bro.. "Respect".

If you go by Islamic teachings, one cannot change the identity of the kid, as for a baby born out of wedlock, he too carries his father's name. an unknown baby is best option according to Islamic perspective.

Its a very bold step, very courageous, but has consequences... terrible consequences... our society is fucked up..trust me, your relatives will be the first ones to tell the kid when he grows that he/she is not your son/daughter.

I have seen first hand, how adopted kids are ruined.. the biggest mistake is that we hide the truth from the kid, he/she gonna know eventually, and that would shetter his/her life apart.. not to scare you, just a month ago in our locality, a boy, who get to know from some relative that the man you call abbu is not your real father, you are a bastard, the poor lad went on rail lines and commit suicide...

Im not scaring you, you are up to a noble cause.. I fully support, but I am just trying to give you a glimpse of what you are doing.. you should be aware.. the best start is truth.. never hide the truth from the child.

Children are gifts of God.. No child is a bastard etc.. And trust me raising such a child as your own guarantees "Jannah".

Fuk the society ... And trust me it's not that difficult .. Edhi & SOS village have proper consultants to guide people on who to deal with such issues.

Yar I know all these things, and have witnessed a couple of cases personally where thing went terribly wrong. But there are exceptions, its best to take the child in confidence and tell him about his identity when he's capable of handling such things, it all comes down at how you brought him up and how you've groomed him.

And about society & relatives and all that, I wouldn't have decided such a thing had I cared for the society or relatives. If we start to care about society and relatives, then believe me they won't even allow you to breath.

Anyways, most of the cases with adopted kids go wrong when a couple adopts a kid because they are not having their own. But after few years of adoption, when God bless them with their own kids, they start discriminating between their own child and the adopted one. In my case, I have my own son who's already 3 years old, so I am not adopting a child just because I don't have any kids.

There are a couple of examples I know where people adopted kids and raised them as their own, perfectly. We need to just keep our acts right and trust on our intentions, rest is not in our hands. What tomorrow is going to bring for us, is not known. So better leave it at God's will and just focus on what steps we are taking today.

Anyways, I appreciate your critical suggestion. Only a true friend shows you the other side of the picture. :tup:

Very noble idea mate but Islamic concept of mahrum or namharum and Islamic rules of inheritance make this adoption process bit complicated especially when these adopted children become young adult. To sponsor the orphans and to fulfil all their needs or to raise them with the same care as if they are your own son/daughter is less complicated matter

Hi all,

---

MASHALLAH, May ALLAH bless you, a noble deed and a great act ......................... Galy milo bahi I have three and my wife and I have planned that as soon as the youngest gets 4 years old we are going to adopt the fourth one preferably a female infant child, as I have two sons and one daughter only, may ALLAH make that happen Ameen. :)

I have a Malaysian colleague she adopted all three of her children two Pakistani girls and one Indonesian boy. One of the girls is Kashmiri or Pushtoon and the younger is Urdu Speaking :lol:. She told me that it was a difficult process for her to adopt those girls and finally she met Bilquis Edhi personally and convinced her that she will take good care of the girls, and she has done a splendid job may ALLAH bless her.

I have the same questions and I think if we go for adoption from an orphanage they must have the proper documentation for registering the child but legally in documents we can be the guardians and not parents of the child (I think), I am not sure keep me updated with how it went, the process of adoption. JazakALLAH :)

Back
Top Bottom