What's new

Nawaz urges nation to stop treating India as ‘biggest enemy’

The attitude of some Pakistanis here is just sad, so you rather fight India than have peace ? What do you think you will get out of this ? Hasnt Pakistan already suffered so much because of mindless hate ?

The attitude of some Pakistanis here is just sad, so you rather fight India than have peace ? What do you think you will get out of this ? Hasnt Pakistan already suffered so much because of mindless hate ?

They think if India undergoes war then its economy will start falling...
which implies Pakistani economy is so stable and better that it will never ever get harmed by war...

Hi. It's your side that isn't serious for peace. Your media and official statements are a proof of this fact.

Pakistan always was willing to sit down, in civilized cool-headed manner to iron out the differences and settle disputes. Unfortunately other side wasn't as cooperative.

You cant have peace and trust until the core issues are settled. But of course we all want peace, so that we can focus on other things.

They think if India undergoes war then its economy will start falling...
which implies Pakistani economy is so stable and better that it will never ever get harmed by war...

That's a strange. I don't think people in Pakistan think along those lines.

Anyway, it is very significant for Nawaz Sharif--a leader from Punjab and of a political party likely to win the next general elections--to make this statement. In my opinion Punjab has perhaps the highest level of anti-India, pro-Kashmir sentiments inside Pakistan. And Nawaz Sharif can make a case for peace, if not friendship, with India the best. To be sure the other large political party, the PPP, will support Nawaz Sharif on that. Both parties are wary of the military's excessive power and know that the 'security state' mindset of Pakistan allows the military too much power.
Time to resolve our conflicts and move on.
The end game should be to give justice and peace to the Kashmiris instead of another 60+ years of conflict which only leads to more misery for both India and Pakistan. And, yes, India too is devoting too many resources into the struggle against Pakistan.

That's a strange. I don't think people in Pakistan think along those lines.

Anyway, it is very significant for Nawaz Sharif--a leader from Punjab and of a political party likely to win the next general elections--to make this statement. In my opinion Punjab has perhaps the highest level of anti-India, pro-Kashmir sentiments inside Pakistan. And Nawaz Sharif can make a case for peace, if not friendship, with India the best. To be sure the other large political party, the PPP, will support Nawaz Sharif on that. Both parties are wary of the military's excessive power and know that the 'security state' mindset of Pakistan allows the military too much power.
Time to resolve our conflicts and move on.
The end game should be to give justice and peace to the Kashmiris instead of another 60+ years of conflict which only leads to more misery for both India and Pakistan. And, yes, India too is devoting too many resources into the struggle against Pakistan.

Read first few comments on this thread by Pakistanis..specifically post 11

Dude, it is actually some of you that need to wake up from your consistent state of denial. Musharraf would have forced India into either of 2 things......Dialogue or War. Even at that time neither country could afford a war and that was the calculated gamble by Musharraf so dialogue for a permanent resolution was the only option.

Ah.....if only we can solve all our conflicts through dialogue! But how can we do that when you Indians continue to consider yourself a 'regional super power'. In reality you cannot even go to war with Bangladesh! Not because you would lose but because of the consequences of that war and long term implications on your economy and stability. So I suggest that it's time we all got serious.

well depending on who you ask, sentiments are the same in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. I had a half-Kashmiri friend in Sadar actually, had family in Sri Nagar across the LoC. The guy was a riot. :lol:

Why do you believe India and US will get into military confrontation? And from where did you get the idea that Indians believe that they are militarily more powerful than the US?

Where did I ever suggest that India and the US could get into a military conflict? I merely said that the US could have done the 2nd May operation in India if she wanted to do it there and there is nothing that India would have been able to do about that, militarily.

Also about Kargil you people intruded in to out territory and we fought back (Never had to take permission from any so called big power) and wouldn't have stopped even if any so called big power have asked us to do otherwise, achieved what we wanted i.e. clearing intruders from our heights, using military and political tools, learned a lot from the episode and moved on

The intrusion in Kargil was never meant to thrust a war upon India, to capture Indian territory or to cause malice. It was merely supposed to force India to a diplomatic solution of Kashmir once and for all, it was supposed to invite the world's attention to Kashmir dispute for a permanent resolution.

Also China today is a big power and claims Arunachal Pradesh as their own, why don't they take it from us or even air/drone strikes cause they know we will fight back, so don't assume that India won't stand up for what's they believe is there even against US, China or anybody

India can fight China and get a severe beating, but India may survive. India can dream of fighting the US and I'm sure you lose every time, even in that dream!

Hi. It's your side that isn't serious for peace. Your media and official statements are a proof of this fact.

Pakistan always was willing to sit down, in civilized cool-headed manner to iron out the differences and settle disputes. Unfortunately other side wasn't as cooperative.

You cant have peace and trust until the core issues are settled. But of course we all want peace, so that we can focus on other things.

Sure. The Kargil episode right after the initiation of the peace process via the Lahore bus-ride was a perfect example of how Pakistanis can sit down and discuss issues. Pretty easy to forget recent history, right?

The intrusion in Kargil was never meant to thrust a war upon India, to capture Indian territory or to cause malice. It was merely supposed to force India to a diplomatic solution of Kashmir once and for all, it was supposed to invite the world's attention to Kashmir dispute for a permanent resolution.

And India was supposed to guess beforehand and trust Pakistan army that once we come to the negotiations table, you would go back to your own country and vacate the border posts? How naive can you be? Looks like you have lapped every bit of Musharaf's propaganda.

All these pricks are not pakistani who couldn't understand the statement giving by nawaz sharif...don't act like dictators they have given us nothing but pain.

If we can lick U.S.A boots for 1.3 billion why can't we have peace with india....all of u trying to show your self respect for what ya all have no respect for your own people ..period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nawaz urges nation to stop treating India as ‘biggest enemy’

Yes. Stop treating India as the biggest enemy since it is too obvious as the biggest enemy. ;)

And start treating politicians like Nawaz as the biggest enemy of Pakistan since we neither consider them the biggest enemy nor treat them as the biggest enemy. :)

I welcome Nawaz's statement. Note, he is not saying that Pakistan should give up any claims on Kashmir. May be 'shelve' the issue so that India and Pakistan can live in peace to better the lives of their citizens. It pains me to see our countries buying weapons at $60+ million per aircraft to kill each other when the price of one aircraft alone can do so much good in educating people.
Also, coming from Nawaz's mouth makes the statement very important: Peace between India and Pakistan is going to come when somebody from Punjab and/or Army is going to take the lead. If Zardari or Asfandyar Wali had said something like that they would be called 'traitors'.
Finally, this is the same Nawaz Sharif who, in 1988 elections campaign under IJI (Islami Democratic Alliance), had bragged about hoisting Pakistan's flag over Delhi's Red Fort.
Such is the sea-change in Pakistani mindset! This has been brewing for quite some time but now Pakistanis want to move forward. And about time for that.

Agreed,
Nawaz has actually articulated what Allama Iqbal's vision was for the then NW-India or presentday Pakistan. A defender of the subcontinent from external threats and not enemies.

But will anyone heed his words and implement Iqbal's vision? Time will tell but its not looking cheery at present.

I think more than the people its media war...and mostly poor and uneducated people get carried away.

Name one guy in Indian media that is just like Zaid Hamid..

Back
Top Bottom