What's new

Nawaz tried to bargain 72F-16s in exchange for abandoning nuclear explosion

Now the same Nawaz is trying rather desperately trying to get credit of Nuclear Tests. There are banners everywhere in Lahore that

"Nawaz Shareef day changay kam, Motorway tay Atom Bomb". Down with you NawazSharif.

Majeed Nzaami, editor in chief of Nawa-i-waqt said to Nawaz Shareef..

"Ugr aap nay dhmaka na kiya to qoam aapka dhumaka kr degi...":lol::lol:

this shows that Pakistan was destined to have nukes for a bigger purpose :pakistan:

Well well well. It was decided to test on 30 May instead of 28.
With US bribing, IsAF and IAF targetting Pakistan, it must be learned that 'Nuclear Pakistan' has got fear in hearts of US, Israel and India or they wouldn't tried to interrupt with the program.

It was great that with all pressure and possible war time, we managed to shake off the 3 enemies at the time.

To be honest, I think Pakistan today is surviving becuase of that day. if we did not have nukes, we would be invaded/attacked by India and US.

Anyways, why doesnt the media break this news like anything and spread this news in every corner of Pakistan, espicially the Nawaz supporters?

Deal on nuclear tests.

Nawaz-Sharif1.jpg

I read the article and discussed it with him.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Did he tell you this personally or did you read this in some article written by him? Please clarify.

Sorry i have to post it again,I read his article and discussed it with him personally ;) Not only he is my mentor but also a very good friend :D

Why would the army have allowed Nawaz to abandon the nuclear bombs?

I dont think anything would have convinced the army not to go nuclear after India did the same. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion and I doubt if Nawaz had enough power at that time to unilaterally take a decision

1. 72 Fully loaded F-16s.
2. Lockheed Martin factory near Raiwind.
3. 70 Odd Abrams tanks.
4. And 40 Cobra helos to overjoy the army brass.

These in return for nuclear tests ?? A pretty pathetic list IMO. No wonder the military was outraged and he lost a lot of support from the Pakistani people and even within the party.

Why would the army have allowed Nawaz to abandon the nuclear bombs?
I dont think anything would have convinced the army not to go nuclear after India did the same. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion and I doubt if Nawaz had enough power at that time to unilaterally take a decision

Even Benazir Bhutto--who was in self-exile (while her husband was jailed/tortured by Nawaz Sharif, btw) at that time said that 'Pakistan does not have any choice but to test the nukes now'.
In hindsight, it was the right decision. Abida Hussein's arguments in the video above are powerful but the right decision was made.

Back
Top Bottom