What's new

Nawaz to visit Thar Coal Authority after taking oath

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif will visit the Thar Coal Authority during the first week after taking oath of his office, in a bid to cope with the energy crisis. Nawaz has already taken briefing from the Thar Coal Authority’s key scientist Dr Samar Mubarakmand and Engro consultant Hasan Nabi.

According to the PML-N sources, the Nawaz government is planning to carry out Thar Coal Authority project for which investment worth hundreds of billions of rupees is expected to be made within the first few months of the government and that is why Nawaz was concerned about who was going to be the Sindh chief minister which the president hinted at by introducing his ‘brother’ to the incoming PM. This meeting, however, sparked various speculations in Sindh. According to sources, the PPP’s provincial leadership has reservations on the issue of new chief minister.

Dr Mubarakmand had already claimed to former prime minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf to produce, with the domestic coal reserves, the electricity required to the country. When contacted, the authority’s director general Danish Saeed confirmed the news of Nawaz’s expected visit to the authority, for which preparations have already been started by the authority. However, he said no date and details had yet been finalized.

Nawaz to visit Thar Coal Authority after taking oath - thenews.com.pk

Again without money you can't start any projects a project of tis scale requires independent $2B atleast and i don't think NS would spend the saudi aid on this project.

NS would need to crack down on bijili chor by hook or by crook without looking at their status whether they are poor or rich if someone found guilty electricity needs to be cut and they put in jail for a a term. NS needs to make example of such people can his team..that remains to be seen but it would be a positive initiative.

And the foolishness continues.

This will end badly.

We would rather want more dams and equipment installed for power generation close by to dams rather this dabba mar thar coal hoopla..there maybe future but only when Pakistan is a rich enough country for now it should be put on back burner.

What are Dr Samar Mubarakmand's views on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif? Can they work together?

:blah:

Sooner than later NS is going to take credit for this and this is probably why you guys are butt hurt.

Please keep in mind the possibility that NS will be blamed for the failure of this project, for Thar coal is a mirage. That is the basic problem I have, not that who might take credit for it, but that there is only blame here in the long run.

The PM-elect should seek better advice than to rush into Thar coal headlong. That is all.

:blah:

Sooner than later NS is going to take credit for this and this is probably why you guys are butt hurt.

Jub apna hii aisaa kareiii tou auroon seiii kiyaaa shikwaa kareiiin - Baradariii kou tou Butt of all Jokes bana diyaa haiii ! :cray:

Please keep in mind the possibility that NS will be blamed for the failure of this project, for Thar coal is a mirage. That is the basic problem I have, not that who might take credit for it, but that there is only blame here in the long run.

The PM-elect should seek better advice than to rush into Thar coal headlong. That is all.

allah na karay....

i have been hearing this thar coal for years. And if experts like Dr. Samar Mubarakmand and many others are confident, i don't see anything wrong with it. I do not expect a project such as this to be up and running this season. However, what i expect is someone from the government to finally step up and say look this is important and i want a certain target to be set

allah na karay....

i have been hearing this thar coal for years. And if experts like Dr. Samar Mubarakmand and many others are confident, i don't see anything wrong with it. I do not expect a project such as this to be up and running this season. However, what i expect is someone from the government to finally step up and say look this is important and i want a certain target to be set

Beware the experts who are not from the field needed. What the PM-elect needs to do is to keep a critical eye on the claims being made. That is all.

Thar coal is of poor quality and will not be easy to exploit by gasification or by burning in thermal generation plants.

when is he taking the oath?

well, first new parliament session will be done, then they will select speaker and dupty speaker. Then whole parliament will take oath. Then voting will happen to select PM & opposition leader. Then oath will be taken.. so still some time left.

Well, now that China and Saudi arabia are both willing to put their weight behind solving Pakistan's energy crises, things might turn out to be different this time, so don't be so mayoos my brother.

The only thing that was held up in regards to the Thar Coal project between 2008-2013 was the fact that the funds just were not released at all as promised by the Pakistan People's Party led Government despite the technology for gasification, etc. was demonstrated by Dr Samar Mubarrakmand.

It is a good news but unless it is not made official & the deal is not sealed there is no point of getting happy but I am telling you if Thar Coal project goes mega then is going to be a huge achievement for Pakistan.

I also pray Bhasha & Kala Bagh Dam are not thrown away or wasted. These three projects alone can solve Pakistan's ongoing energy crises & if completed Pakistan can sit back & relax for a very, very long time but we need to see the deal signed & project starting.

Back
Top Bottom