What's new

Nawaz to visit Thar Coal Authority after taking oath

KARACHI: Prime Minister-designate Nawaz Sharif will visit the Thar Coal Authority during the first week after taking oath of his office, in a bid to cope with the energy crisis. Nawaz has already taken briefing from the Thar Coal Authority’s key scientist Dr Samar Mubarakmand and Engro consultant Hasan Nabi.

According to the PML-N sources, the Nawaz government is planning to carry out Thar Coal Authority project for which investment worth hundreds of billions of rupees is expected to be made within the first few months of the government and that is why Nawaz was concerned about who was going to be the Sindh chief minister which the president hinted at by introducing his ‘brother’ to the incoming PM. This meeting, however, sparked various speculations in Sindh. According to sources, the PPP’s provincial leadership has reservations on the issue of new chief minister.

Dr Mubarakmand had already claimed to former prime minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf to produce, with the domestic coal reserves, the electricity required to the country. When contacted, the authority’s director general Danish Saeed confirmed the news of Nawaz’s expected visit to the authority, for which preparations have already been started by the authority. However, he said no date and details had yet been finalized.

Nawaz to visit Thar Coal Authority after taking oath - thenews.com.pk

good symbolical move signalling the seriousness of the government to the reluctant but potential investors... lets see!

however, apparently there was internal inquiry about Dr. Mubarak's UG project and it was noted that the pressure of the gas produced is not enough for the required purpose.. but this was an year back so i dont know if Dr. Mubarak has managed to get around this problem..

I don't know why Pakistani scientist are silent and not speaking truth. There is no real coal in Thar. The discovery is not chemically coal. It is LIGNITE. Real coal is called Bituminous Coal or Anthracite Coal. If you call lignite a coal then it is very inferior being low in carbon contents and high moisture contents.

I don't know why Pakistani scientist are silent and not speaking truth. There is no real coal in Thar. The discovery is not chemically coal. It is LIGNITE. Real coal is called Bituminous Coal or Anthracite Coal. If you call lignite a coal then it is very inferior being low in carbon contents and high moisture contents.
col1.gif

col1a.gif

I saw Nawaz Sharif in Madinah Sharif yesterday- :D
He was looking pious :)-

Back
Top Bottom