What's new

Nawaz Sharif should stop sending Saaris to Modi now- Mubashir Lucman

Syed Sb., we don't have time, time is one commodity which Pakistan cannot afford to lose on test and trials. He may be honest, trustworthy but he is surrounded by thugs and cheats who have been tested and tried before. And there is another saying in Urdu "Ek Gandi Machli Saare Taalab ko Ganda kar deti hai" and he is surrounded by not 1 lots of gandi machlis.
Mr. Haroon Rasheed has talked about another political party going to be announced soon. Lets see. I do see and appreciate your concerns but what to do? Technocrats? I am not too sure about that. They'll certainly put the country back on track but the changes wont be long lasting, as we have seen what happened to all good things that happened in Musharraf's time. We have to be little patient and support the continuation of the political process.

And what about my rest of post? Gandi Machlis?
I agree with what you're saying, Gandi machlis, which is why I did not reply to it. But there is no perfect option, there is no other option at all.
The gandi machlis from PTI can be cleaned a lot easier than the entire ganda talaab of the rest of the parties.

Mr. Haroon Rasheed has talked about another political party going to be announced soon. Lets see. I do see and appreciate your concerns but what to do? Technocrats? I am not too sure about that. They'll certainly put the country back on track but the changes wont by long lasting. We have to be little patient and support the continuation of the political process.

Okay let us see then, anyways my posts here are not going to change anything anyways :( :D

i have seen some women in pakistan wear saree , in TV debates etc

May be Marvi Simran. That lady has a guts to say a spread a spread. Inspite of many attacks , she has advocated Secularism and have raised a voice against the forced conversion of Hindus into Islam.

May be Marvi Simran. That lady has a guts to say a spread a spread. Inspite of many attacks , she has advocated Secularism and have raised a voice against the forced conversion of Hindus into Islam.

She is Hindu no?

Personally, I would not have that sort of courage. I'd probably grow a beard just to merge.

Hey @Zebra if you two keep going like this I am going to change my nice attitude okay.

Don't act like ignorant street fellows. If you don't want to participate in this discussion here I would request you to leave please, but don't say things which you don't have a clue about.

Okay let us see then, anyways my posts here are not going to change anything anyways :( :D
It does change. The fact that you are politically aware and feel pain for your country means a lot all by itself. You are obviously not making your point on this forum alone but to your family and friends too. In a subtle way, you are influencing them. Keep it up brother and never lose hope.

Either they are incredibly brave or incredibly stupid.

You have muslims in mosques being blown up. A sari clad woman would be like a red robed matador in a ring full of very angry bulls.

I have seen Dexter's beautiful thread of Pakistan before the 90s. This is Pakistan 2015.
You have no idea. There are stage dramas and live dancers available and quite popular in Pakistan. Of course they don't wear bikinis, but what they wear is about the same as Sarees.

Politicians and elites have their prostitutes and proper everything if you look at that perspective, and nobody explodes over it (both literally and figuratively).

Otherwise, in the cities, even normal women walk around without their heads covered, wearing modern/Western style clothes. Try going to some of the parts in Lahore or any place in Islamabad. Karachi's elite and upper-middle class is equally modern and liberal.

You seem to believe in the Homeland version of Pakistan. The truth is really different.

No one dies if a woman doesn't wear a burka, is what I'm trying to say. In case people are blinded by the green flag and their hatred for it, i'll put it in capitals and bold:
PAKISTANI SOCIETY IS A LOT MORE LIBERAL THAN YOU THINK. SAREES ARE NOT CONSIDERED IMMODEST.

Last edited:
Hey @Zebra if you two keep going like this I am going to change my nice attitude okay.

Don't act like ignorant street fellows. If you don't want to participate in this discussion here I would request you to leave please, but don't say things which you don't have a clue about.

be specific instead of ranting , if you find anything offensive there is a report button this forum provides , as if i care about your attitude .

Back
Top Bottom