What's new

Nawaz Sharif should stop sending Saaris to Modi now- Mubashir Lucman

some pakistanis here are so obsessed

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then Change him but who else? Zardari and Imaran are old too. In addition, Imaran is a Moron and TTP supporter. In democracy, collective wisdom of people is most important. They got the leaders how they are.

I told you already who I support it is another Imran :agree: but not Imaran you are referring to.

IK is a useless mouthpiece, does not even know how to address the crowd. A person who is not good at delivering a speech is no Leader.

some pakistanis here are so obsessed that if they get a loose motion they are going to blame nawaz sharief for it , grow up people .

Like your people blame ISI right................

some pakistanis here are so obsessed that if they get a loose motion they are going to blame nawaz sharief for it , grow up people .
Like we Pakistanis are not very much into Indian politics, you do not know much about our politics. I'll suggest you to participate in the discussion (if it is) with civility otherwise get your snout out of our matters. Hindutvadis supporting Nawaz is more than enough for us to know that he is anything but useful for Pakistan and her people.

Look, Whatever you said are the weaknesses of Pakistanis as a nation. Parheps, You can not attach this to an individual. As i wrote earlier, unless you rise as nation with consenses on national issues, situation shall not improve. It is very difficult make him responsible.
Rise as a nation? Under whom? How? A lot easier said than done.
Ok then Change him but who else? Zardari and Imaran are old too. In addition, Imaran is a Moron and TTP supporter. In democracy, collective wisdom of people is most important. They got the leaders how they are.
Imran may be bad at politics and really flawed, but he never got a chance. And no, he is not a TTP supporter. If you listen to some of his interviews, you'll see that he makes sense - his ideas about dealing with the insurgents may not be the best, but they're logical. I don't agree with them either, and he too has changed them after recent events.

Deserves a chance. At least until someone else steps in. At the very least he can start one push, that can be carried on. The electoral reforms for example, could be a game changer. Otherwise, anything except the same old would be good. There's a reason it is said that flowing water is clean. Because it changes, and any mess in it flows away with the current before it can build up and block the river.

It is not very difficult at all to blame him if you speak Urdu and listen to him speak. If you do that, you don't even need to live under him to realize what's wrong with him.

Imran may be bad at politics and really flawed, but he never got a chance. And no, he is not a TTP supporter. If you listen to some of his interviews, you'll see that he makes sense - his ideas about dealing with the insurgents may not be the best, but they're logical. I don't agree with them either, and he too has changed them after recent events.

Deserves a chance. At least until someone else steps in. At the very least he can start one push, that can be carried on. The electoral reforms for example, could be a game changer. Otherwise, anything except the same old would be good. There's a reason it is said that flowing water is clean. Because it changes, and any mess in it flows away with the current before it can build up and block the river.

It is not very difficult at all to blame him if you speak Urdu and listen to him speak. If you do that, you don't even need to live under him to realize what's wrong with him.

IK could not build a decent team in all these years, he seriously lacks capability of multitasking, and he is not clear about his own views, keeps changing his own previously said statements. I don't think if he comes to power there would be any drastic change in how this country is run. And by the looks of it he will waste his 5 years in just trying to figure out what is going on and how he needs to run the affairs.

Technocrats?

Like we Pakistanis are not very much into Indian politics, you do not know much about our politics. I'll suggest you to participate in the discussion (if it is) with civility otherwise get your snout out of our matters. Hindutvadis supporting Nawaz is more than enough for us to know that he is anything but useful for Pakistan and her people.

your constant nagging made me say so :coffee:

and you might like to look at your own posts before lecturing me on civility , you have already earned a reputation of nut-job here . congrats

IK could not build a decent team in all these years, he seriously lacks capability of multitasking, and he is not clear about his own views, keeps changing his own previously said statements. I don't think if he comes to power there would be any drastic change in how this country is run. And by the looks of it he will waste his 5 years in just trying to figure out what is going on and how he needs to run the affairs.

Technocrats?
Well I know one thing; IK is not afraid of accepting his shortcomings. I am glad that he has appointed Mr. Ch. Serwar to organize the party. Mr. Serwar also suggested a 'shadow cabinet', and IK welcomed that advice too. Lets give him some time until he gets things in order. He still has some two years (until next general elections) for that. IK is everything but not a thief and thats what gives me hope, for an honest person as the head of the state does make difference. The famous Chinese saying goes like this "The fish rots from its head".

your constant nagging made me say so :coffee:

and you might like to look at your own posts before lecturing me on civility , you have already earned a reputation of nut-job here . congrats
A reputation I earned for exposing Hindutvadi terrorists who spare no chance defaming and mocking Islam in general and Pakistan in particular, and I accept that reputation as a medal of honor. Thanks.

Last edited:
Until India is sincere then Pakistan efforts to make peace will always seem awkward.

I think India needs 50 years of evolution before it can understand coexistence with neighbors is necessary before you can call yourself a developed country.

Last edited:
I have a very basic question for Pakistanis here.

Where is Nawaz Sharif getting the saris from? Are they being made special? Who wears saris in Pakistan anymore? So are these for export only?

Where is Nawaz Sharif getting the saris from? Are they being made special? Who wears saris in Pakistan anymore? So are these for export only?

i have seen some women in pakistan wear saree , in TV debates etc

Well I know one thing; IK is not afraid of accepting his shortcomings. I am glad that he has appointed Mr. Ch. Serwar to organize the party. Lets give him sometime until he gets things in order. He still has some two years (until next general elections) for that. IK is everything but not a thief and thats what gives me hope, for an honest person as the head of the state does make difference. The famous Chinese saying goes like this "The fish rots from its head".

Syed Sb., we don't have time, time is one commodity which Pakistan cannot afford to lose on test and trials. He may be honest, trustworthy but he is surrounded by thugs and cheats who have been tested and tried before. And there is another saying in Urdu "Ek Gandi Machli Saare Taalab ko Ganda kar deti hai" and he is surrounded by not 1 lots of gandi machlis.

Technocrats?
Aside from what @syedali73 has rightly said, my point about 'flowing water' is also important. At the very least, the corruption that has entrenched itself in every layer of the country's infrastructure will be dislodged, i.e the same corrupt people won't be in control of everything themselves and will instead be countered, to some extent at least, by a new government. For now, the only 'new' politician we have is IK. Better to have him than the same old rotting and infected water.

Saaris aren't that hard to get, and some people do wear them in Pakistan.
time is one commodity which Pakistan cannot afford to lose
Exactly, which is why we can't waste more time with the same people we know for sure are inept and useless.

Mainly draped by Urdu speakers who migrated from various parts of India following the partition. A whole lot of saree weavers from Banaras immigrated to Pakistan and make finest quality Banarasi sarees. The saree cloth is used in Shalwar suits.

i have seen some women in pakistan wear saree , in TV debates etc

Either they are incredibly brave or incredibly stupid.

You have muslims in mosques being blown up. A sari clad woman would be like a red robed matador in a ring full of very angry bulls.

I have seen Dexter's beautiful thread of Pakistan before the 90s. This is Pakistan 2015.

Until India is sincere then Pakistan efforts to make peace will always seem awkward.

I think India needs 50 years of evolution before it can understand coexistence with neighbors is necessary before you can yourself a developed country.

if coexistence means letting terrorists from your country enter our territory and butcher people then sorry we don't need such friendship .

Back
Top Bottom