What's new

Nawaz rejects $33m US deal over Shakil Afridi

@Irfan Baloch :

Phir Irfan Bhai did the Punjabi perform as well as you had hoped for ? :azn:

Or do you still hate us Punjabis ? :cray:

Because we cook better food than the Baluch ! :whistle:
:) I dont hate Punjabis, I dont be silly
its just that some choices you guys make suck big time. food is not bad though but we call you "daal khore" hehe

Nawaz Sheirf is not a Punjabi by the way, he is from Raishian in Neelam valley Azad Kashmir.

:) I dont hate Punjabis, I dont be silly
its just that some choices you guys make suck big time. food is not bad though but we call you "daal khore" hehe

Nawaz Sheirf is not a Punjabi by the way, he is from Raishian in Neelam valley Azad Kashmir.

I thought he was from Amritsar hence why there was news on how sweets were distributed in his ancestral village over there when news was announced that he became the PM ! :unsure:

Aur Punjab ka Kashmiri bhiii Punjabi hotaaa haiii - Case in point - Me ! :D

Aur Punjab ka Baluch bhi Punjabi hotaa haiii - We've got as many Baluch as Baluchistan ! :smokin:

I didnt know the PM had a spine
listen up

I hate to be a Scrooge but I read this story in the complete opposite way

we are being prepared to accept the departure of Shakil Afridi.. after few weeks or months we will be told he had to go because of too much pressure or this or that.
just shoot the b@stard and treat him like a spy

Americans want to kill Assange on the changes of spying and he is not even their citizen.
we can do the same.
if its too hard to handle and do (of course for tiger league its impossible.) then just stage a jail break and have him killed.... there have been many lately.. do I rally have to spell out the whole plan?

The spokesperson said that Dr Afridi, a citizen of Pakistan, is accused of having violated the country’s laws. The FO added that Afridi’s action also caused immense damage to the polio campaign in the country. “His case is sub judice and he remains entitled to due process under the law. Consequently, any linkage of US assistance to this case is not in keeping with the spirit of cooperation between the two countries,” the FO spokesperson said.

due to the actions of this mader ch*d , our polio teams are being slaughtered like shias now. our country has become a hub of polio virus and soon we will be barred from international travel. Imagine KSA barring our Hajis due to the health scare. the polio strain has been traced up to Syria due to the TTP volunteers who have joined their Al Qaeda comrades to fight the Assad forces.

A treason case on him would have helped tiger league much more by diverting the attention of people rather than risking a trial of an ex Army chief with 111 Brigade only a breath away.

Last edited:
Pakistan won’t accept US aid with strings attached: Ahsan

Ahsan-Iqbal17000286_2013919203722.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Declaring that Pakistan was a sovereign country and both states should respect each other's laws, Federal Minister for Planning and Development Prof Ahsan Iqbal said Tuesday that Islamabad would not accept any US aid with strings attached. Referring to US decision of linking Pakistan's aid with release of Shakil Afridi, the federal minister said that each other's laws should be respected.
"Pakistan is a sovereign country and will not accept any US aid with strings attached," said Ahsan Iqbal while talking to the media after attending Annual Conference of Pakistan Strategy Support Programme (PSSP).
He further said that Pakistan's foreign policy was based on principles of strengthening relations with all states while protecting the interests of the country. Talking about the Pak-US relations, the federal minister said that US administration wanted to further ties with Pakistan and hoped it would press the Congress to refrain from taking such a step. Ahsan said Islamabad was negotiating with the Washington to secure enhanced access to US market. Besides‚ he said, Pakistan wanted increased investment in the country from the United States.
Earlier, addressing the Annual Conference of Pakistan Strategy Support Programme (PSSP), Ahsan expressed the government's resolve to turn around the economy in the next few years. He said, “We are taking difficult decisions today for the better future of the country”.
Ahsan said government was working to exploit livestock and agricultural sector for the development of the country, as these two sectors had great potential. "We should operate our agriculture and livestock sectors at their optimal levels by introducing on-farm best management practices and value-addition techniques," said federal minister for planning and development.
The minister further said, “Pakistan is an agriculture-based country but we are going to face water scarcity in coming decades.” He said government was focusing on building institutions to overcome the problem of food scarcity in future according to the vision 2025.
"We cannot materialise the dream of integrated development without developing agriculture, the key sector of our economy. Therefore, the government is fully committed to agricultural development to move towards a more food secured country,” he said.
“Only after having enough food supply, we can talk about evolving an efficient system of food distribution, which is an essential condition for improving the access of poor household to food at affordable prices. The government is committed to increase non-farm employment in rural areas through small and medium enterprises for accelerating GDP growth target to 7-8 percent to cater the needs of bulging young population," he asserted.
"We can earn rich dividends through private sector investment in human resource development in areas like food production, processing, packaging, supply livestock farming, fisheries, horticulture and forestry. Pro-poor investment in these sectors can help overcome menace of unemployment and poverty by creating job opportunities," Ahsan added. He also urged upon the PSSP researchers to map out cluster-based value chains in agriculture sector establishing collaborative partnership of public, private sectors and academia/researchers.
The federal minister stressed upon the need of conducting research to promote efficient use of water in agriculture.
“Pakistan is a water scarce country and is feared to face acute water crisis within a decade if not planned properly and used judiciously".
He said, "We need to bridge knowing to doing gap in our public sector for effective implementation and monitoring of development projects, and create K 2 D (knowing to doing) culture in the country".
The minister said, "The political leadership of the country is sincere, optimistic and dedicated to developing this nation, and want to turn around the economy in favor of prosperity".
The federal minister appreciated the contribution of USAID for economic development of Pakistan, and expressed his desire that PSSP should promote evidence-based research on the emerging issues of the country to come up with more doable and practicable recommendations that could be inculcated in the policy and plan documents.
He, however, urged the US leadership not to link development aid with any conditions, because that would be counterproductive for fostering good relations between the two strategic partners in the region, and the policy of the govt was to not accept conditions which interfere with country's laws.

Pakistan won’t accept US aid with strings attached: Ahsan

Well how naive our people are, it's not him folks it's the man in uniform rejected that, do you think ganja have balls to do that.

Well taken decision.I am astonished to see that Mr.Sharif has remainings of some 'ghairat' and 'haya'.I wish that Mr.Sharif becomes more 'ghairatmand' and takes clear stance in case of drone strikes and American-Afghan policy.

-Regards

Why would he, he isn't fool to let go his asharfian and destroy his London empire, spanish and french empires and recently turkish and swiss empires[soon to be].

So why dont you Support IK & His Party since they are also Democratically elected ?

I support PTI for its position in PAkistani democratic system, I respect what Imran does although I dont agree with him most of the time

Some important points to be note don this Dr shakeel matter:

1. It is interesting to note that D Shakeel has not be accused of any treason charges by the Govt.

2. He has been given 33 year imprisonment for helping and having alleged connections with a banned militant organization by the Khyber Agnecy Political Agent.

3. Dr Shakeel Afridi didn't launched nay anti polio campaign, Actually he carried out a fake Anti Hepatitis vaccination campaign in Abbotabad to collect DNA samples of OBL kids.

4. No case or charger has been framed against Dr Shakeel for spying for CIA and helping CIA to Hunt down OBL.

5. Dr Shakeel has not been given a fair chance to defend himself in the court of law. He was given 33 year imprisonment not by any civil court but by Political Agent of Khyber Agency.

Interestingly , on one hand many Pakistani say that Abbotabad episode was all drama, and there was on OBL in abbotabad, if this is true then better release DR Shakeel Afridi, if it was all drama.

Dr. Afridi will be let go sooner or later, but Pakistan will try to extract maximum advantages for itself with the deal, and fail in that in our grandest traditions.

Had it been Zardari we know what would have happened...

seems to me like negotiation for higher price for his release.. :drag:

Script of the Drama is very clear to me which is as follows-

1. Afridi was accused and sentenced for "aiding banned militant group Lashkar-e-Islam" (and not for aiding CIA) which is false charge
2. PM will reject American demand to release Afridi and will be a Hero in the country
3. Afridi's law years will appeal in higher court and prove the charges are false. Afridi will be released by court and will go to USA
4. PM will still be a Hero and say that he tried his best but nothing to do as court released him in due course
5. Pakistani people will curse the court but the truth is court cannot give a sentence for a crime ( read CIA Link/Treason) for which he is not accused by the Govt at all.
6. End of the story ( Sap bhi mara lathi bhi nehi tute)

Script of the Drama is very clear to me which is as follows-

1. Afridi was accused and sentenced for "aiding banned militant group Lashkar-e-Islam" (and not for aiding CIA) which is false charge
2. PM will reject American demand to release Afridi and will be a Hero in the country
3. Afridi's law years will appeal in higher court and prove the charges are false. Afridi will be released by court and will go to USA
4. PM will still be a Hero and say that he tried his best but nothing to do as court released him in due course
5. Pakistani people will curse the court but the truth is court cannot give a sentence for a crime ( read CIA Link/Treason) for which he is not accused by the Govt at all.
6. End of the story ( Sap bhi mara lathi bhi nehi tute)

Good script but small problem. He already been sentenced. Now to free him, court can't do much. It's only President who can free him now.

Good script but small problem. He already been sentenced. Now to free him, court can't do much. It's only President who can free him now.

I think he is sentenced in lower court only. Higher court can always revert it , if not satisfied with furnished evidence. Please correct me if I am wrong.
If Pakistan establishment really wanted to punish him they would have condemn him for treason and not for a fictitious accusation for "aiding banned militant group Lashkar-e-Islam" which prosecutors cannot prove in front of higher court.

Back
Top Bottom