What's new

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden left in poverty with no pension, healthcare

He was part of an organization that killed OBL, his individual contribution is next to nothing. All the SEALs are heros, just because he shot does not make him better than others.
He did not say he is 'better'. That is YOUR perception of him.

Now he seems to be a stupid attention seeker. All over the world militaries follow same rule (including India).
Then why is his ID not revealed in this article?

He didn't plan his mission properly. He should have called a local Pakistani the moment he landed there. Shot Bin Laden. Given credit to the local for killing Bin Laden. Split the proceeds of the bounty equally with the local and Bob's yer uncle ! But then again...he isn't from the sub-continent :D

He did not say he is 'better'. That is YOUR perception of him.

Then why is his ID not revealed in this article?
you dont need to publish Id to get private donations. Will he not face jail if he blows his cover..

you dont need to publish Id to get private donations.
Then this is not about attention.

Will he not face jail if he blows his cover..
This tells me you have not read the article and not put much thought into this subject. He is separated from the service. There is no 'cover' to 'blow'. Never had any. When he was active duty, he could say to anyone he was a SEAL if he wanted, but SEALs and other SpecOps operators usually keep to themselves.

He didn't plan his mission properly. He should have called a local Pakistani the moment he landed there. Shot Bin Laden. Given credit to the local for killing Bin Laden. Split the proceeds of the bounty equally with the local and Bob's yer uncle ! But then again...he isn't from the sub-continent :D

if he had shot osama to death- he would hv been a hero- :usflag:-

Poor soul. I'm willing to spare few thousand rupees if he conducts a similar operation in our president house :D

you dont need to publish Id to get private donations. Will he not face jail if he blows his cover..

He will got kick out of the SEAL if he blow his cover, he will not face jail.

Well isn't this the rule in all armies? Pak Army also has similar rules in place, you complete a set time of service, and then you are eligible for pension. This guy retired before that time, so no pension. What's the fuss?

Killing OBL didn't have any extra perks did it? Well except for having a party the next day!!!

Since he's not working and haven't passed through the process of retirement as well(pension will be out of the equation) he must be on the mercy of public subsidy or welfare.
Disabled people there are on Medicaid.
Elderly people find shelter under Medicare.
& the people in between get free emergency room services which includes sub acute care.
There are also clinics in USA which are free and provide primary and preventive care.

BTW, why should a Pakistani care about it?
The operation was far from being called upon as a "Mission complete".He missed Mr.Zardari by miles just because of some "bad weather"?
Unacceptable!
smiley_grin.gif

Mr. @LiberalAtheist,i don't know about the member you are replying to,but i'm offended by your post.

There is a way to discuss any case in a decent way.If you feel that someone is crossing the line.Report the post,like i've done.And let the moderator team here deal with it.

You've spent sometime here.From the replies on the topic at hand you must have already gauged that the "Navy seal" is not our Hero.While he may be a saviour or a hero for you.So, start by respecting him for what he has done for you.Start by providing him a decent job to make him able to stand on his own feet with pride.Go & fill in his healthcare premiums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom