What's new

Navy Day: When Karachi burned for seven days, historical victory of Indian navy over Pakistan

Well whatever twist you try to give it. We bombed your territory without resistance.

End of story.

You can keep yourself with exaggerated stories. I have no issues with it. Just keep it to yourself. :)

No twist, just facts. If you want, I ll post neutral sources.

Besides when Indian navy decimated your principal port(and this was an actual bombardment, and not an embarrassment like Operation Dwarka).

We hit you on the same spot not once but twice, what resistance did your navy offer?

Your airforce did one better and further augmented your humiliation by bombing one of your own naval ships.

Operation Trident Aftermath.

The Pakistan Navy, on high alert as a result of the Operation Trident, raised a number of false alarms in the ensuing days about the presence of Indian Navy vessels off Karachi. One such false alarm was raised by a PIA Fokker Friendship reconnaissance aircraft carrying naval observers, in the early hours of 6 December 1971 which reported a Pakistan Navy frigate as a missile boat of the Indian Navy, in the area west of Cape Monze on the Pakistani coast. The Pakistan Air Force, giving air support to the Pakistan Navy at Karachi, had received the report. Clearance was given to attack by Cdre Bhombal from the Pakistan Navy.

At 0645 hrs, fighter jets were scrambled which strafed the vessel before it was identified as the Pakistan Navy's own frigate Zulfiqar. During the aerial attack Zulfiqar was hit by more than 900 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition, killing several officers and men, with many more injured. The air attack on Zulfiqar was halted after frantic efforts by her crew to identify their ship as a Pakistani naval vessel finally succeeded.

The whole incident was monitored by the Indian Navy on radio and revealed the following points: First, the incorrect identification and attack happened in spite of Zulfiqar being anchored. This showed that PAF pilots could not clearly distinguish a frigate from a missile boat. Second, it showed the fear that the PN had of India's missile boats.

Besides when Indian navy decimated your principal port(and this was an actual bombardment, and not an embarrassment like Operation Dwarka).

we hit you on the same spot not once but twice, What resistance did your navy offer?

Your airfoce did one better and further augmented your humiliation by bombing one of your own naval ships.

The Pakistan Navy, on high alert as a result of the Operation Trident, raised a number of false alarms in the ensuing days about the presence of Indian Navy vessels off Karachi. One such false alarm was raised by a PIA Fokker Friendship reconnaissance aircraft carrying naval observers, in the early hours of 6 December 1971 which reported a Pakistan Navy frigate as a missile boat of the Indian Navy, in the area west of Cape Monze on the Pakistani coast. The Pakistan Air Force, giving air support to the Pakistan Navy at Karachi, had received the report. Clearance was given to attack by Cdre Bhombal from the Pakistan Navy.

At 0645 hrs, fighter jets were scrambled which strafed the vessel before it was identified as the Pakistan Navy's own frigate Zulfiqar. During the aerial attack Zulfiqar was hit by more than 900 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition, killing several officers and men, with many more injured. The air attack on Zulfiqar was halted after frantic efforts by her crew to identify their ship as a Pakistani naval vessel finally succeeded.

The whole incident was monitored by the Indian Navy on radio and revealed the following points: First, the incorrect identification and attack happened in spite of Zulfiqar being anchored. This showed that PAF pilots could not clearly distinguish a frigate from a missile boat. Second, it showed the fear that the PN had of India's missile boats.

I think you didn't get the point kid. I am not interested in your stories of what happened many decades ago.

You bombed us. We bombed you. Those days are gone long ago.

Now we live in 2018 and it is about time that you bharatis also start to live in it too.

Krachi as whole ??
Karachi is a mega city

The attack was on its harbour

Why do Indian have to exaggerate every thing

Its like a loser who won with a chance of luck now would inflate it with bs till his death

I think you didn't get the point kid. I am not interested in your stories of what happened many decades ago.

Now we live in 2018 and it is about time that you bharatis also start to live in it too.
False equivalency. Op Dwarka did not result in any strategic benefit for Pakistan. while op Trident and Python resulted in Pakistan's largest harbor being destroyed and its oil being blown up, and the loss of 6 ships. And of course, international humiliation. if you want to brag about Dwarka, fine. But to compare a moral "victory" to significant and successful operation like Trident is intellectual dishonesty.

We hit you on the same spot not once but twice, what resistance did your navy offer?

Your airforce did one better and further augmented your humiliation by bombing one of your own naval ships.

So your raid on just 100 km away port is astonishing success but our dewarka operation after crossing near half of Indian coast line is embarrassment even thou after dwarka iaf stopped bombing raids over Karachi Pakistan biggest city in 65 war :)

False equivalency. Op Dwarka did not result in any strategic benefit for Pakistan. while op Trident and Python resulted in Pakistan's largest harbor being destroyed and its oil being blown up, and the loss of 6 ships. And of course, international humiliation. if you want to brag about Dwarka, fine. But to compare a moral "victory" to significant and successful operation like Trident is intellectual dishonesty.

Good for you. Have an extra cookie with milk over it.

I am not bragging about anything. I just something very simple.We bombed Indian territory without any resistance from Indian navy despite all the advantage and superiority in numbers.

That is a fact. Now even that is hard for you to accept being a typical butt hurt bharati. Anyways this 2018. And here only these stories are the last resort for you guys.

I understand it was a traumatic episode for you people, obviously you will not be interested in a humiliating chapter of your history, but then don't participate in this thread.

I understand it was a traumatic episode for you people, obviously you will not be interested in a humiliating chapter of your history, but then don't participate in this thread.

Whatever man. I am not interested in even discussing INS kukri either.

It is long gone. You bharatis can talk to each other about it on your forums. Nobody cares.

So your raid on just 100 km away port is astonishing success but our dewarka operation after crossing near half of Indian coast line is embarrassment even thou after dwarka iaf stopped bombing raids over Karachi Pakistan biggest city in 65 war :)

Umm have you ever seen a map of India and Pakistan?

Dwarka is not even 100 km form Pakistani coast line.

pakistanindiasrilanka-map.jpg

Dwarka raid was a complete failure, not because of short distance that Pakistani navy had to sail but because firstly it failed to do any damage, secondly it did not achieve any of it objectives.

On the other hand, Indian navy raids on Karachi, did huge amount of damage. Not just in terms of lives and ships lost but also in monetary terms, half of Pakistani oil reserves were wiped out in a single raid.

Whatever man. I am not interested in even discussing INS kukri either.

It is long gone. You bharatis can talk to each other about it on your forums. Nobody cares.

Then what are you doing on this thread?

Honestly, now with the disparity, qualitative and quantity. Pakistan stands zero chance. Everything begins and ends with nukes now, I am afraid. which is why airforce and army need now downsizing.

The shield is the nukes. Despite what they say here. Rest is scrap amd show.

Most of the defence experts in India feel that option of conversational war between India and Pakistan is over... even North Korea and USA are avoiding a direct conflict...

They also feel that current peace talks by IK are nothing but a hogwash... Pakistan want time to put its house in order before returning to old tactics... MODI G has done a great job till now...

so one blast at harbor means Karachi was burning

Not just one blast.

https://www.dawn.com/news/708855

All 22 fuel tanks were ablaze for three days. After December 8, Karachi seaport virtually stopped operating. Trade stood still. Besides the damage caused to the naval facilities at Karachi harbour, the attacks caused serious damage to civilian life and material.

Not just one blast.

https://www.dawn.com/news/708855

All 22 fuel tanks were ablaze for three days. After December 8, Karachi seaport virtually stopped operating. Trade stood still. Besides the damage caused to the naval facilities at Karachi harbour, the attacks caused serious damage to civilian life and material.

one blast caused fuel tanks to explode others were a chain reaction...and yes in war when port is attacked then normal operations are suspended its not a new strategy invented by Indians....how was Karachi burning?

Back
Top Bottom