What's new

Navjot Sidhu Says Travelling To Pakistan Better Than Visiting South India

then use a word like adhik, not zyada.. it's so mixed though, a lot of the common hindi/urdu words

jameen, ijjat.. some words just feel off and not right with the J

other words like Jor seem normal but when it translates into the inability to pronounce Z or to replace it with a J in English.. pleej, newj .. those just sound silly.
A lot of words have become normal, otherwise a lot of people use Jeevan instead of Zindagi for example, or else english vocabulary has got embedded inside hindi now.
badly formed
मुझसे ज़्यादा हिंदी आती है क्या तुझे?
Irony

it's zyada/ziada, no jada/jyada .. that is a peculiarity of the UP tongue I think..
it's not a peculiarity, peculiar is zyada, jyada is normal.

Being able to pronounce a sound has nothing to do with religion
yeah that's what I said. but the point was different. Indian languages do not usually have that sound. substituting the voiced alveolar fricative with the voiced postalveolar affricate is the choice of the indigenous man, the Hindi man.

unless you are a dialog writer for gabbar singh, correct sentence looks something like this: क्या तुझे मुझसे ज्यादा हिंदी आती है?

A lot of words have become normal, otherwise a lot of people use Jeevan instead of Zindagi for example, or else english vocabulary has got embedded inside hindi now.
it's a mix of hindi, urdu and english.. what people generally speak on the street or in day to day conversations.

Could have used better wordings but I mean from his pov he isn't wrong...
Maybe politically incorrect

I'd do a kartarpur type thing for city of Lahore too - considering it's the cultural heart of Punjab
But only for people of Punjab state- where they have to leave by 6, and jail time for out of city travel

Lots of security risks though....

Could have used better wordings but I mean from his pov he isn't wrong...
Maybe politically incorrect

I'd do a kartarpur type thing for city of Lahore too - considering it's the cultural heart of Punjab
But only for people of Punjab state- where they have to leave by 6, and jail time for out of city travel

Lots of security risks though....

He could've said Pakistan Punjab. I as a Pakistani don't relate to him one bit.

The kartarpur thing for Lahore would quickly be derailed by RAW. I think Navjot is tryna make Imran Khan open up Punjab borders.

He could've said Pakistan Punjab. I as a Pakistani don't relate to him one bit.

The kartarpur thing for Lahore would quickly be derailed by RAW. I think Navjot is tryna make Imran Khan open up Punjab borders.
This, and I am not even sure about whole of Punjab mostly Manjha speaking areas or adjoining regions...

Well Navjot isn't important enough in Indian politics to influence him in opening up of Punjab to Punjab to contacts (besides city of what 11 million odd people opening up to RAW- ...)

If it wasn't such a big national security risk, ideally it's the city that historically cattered to whole of Punjab region- so many cities in Pak Punjab devaloped because of it or under it's influence
Unlucky for ind Punjab to not get that benefit
Could have helped in it's urbanization

Last edited:
unless you are a dialog writer for gabbar singh, correct sentence looks something like this: क्या तुझे मुझसे ज्यादा हिंदी आती है?
What you said is a question, that “you know hindi more than me?” And what I said was an informal way of saying that I know Hindi more than you.
मुझसे ज़्यादा हिंदी आती है क्या तुझे?

He is right a north Indian( UP Punjab Bihar MP etc) is more closer to a pathan than south Indian. Entire Pakistan speaks Indo Iranian languages and south Indians speak languages of a different group
Meanwhile Pashtuns after hearing this
4ebjgc.jpg

What you said is a question, that “you know hindi more than me?” And what I said was an informal way of saying that I know Hindi more than you.
खिस्यानी बिल्ली खंबा नोचे
:omghaha: کھسیانی بلی کھمبا نوچے

Last edited:
Sikhs are not sanghis. Sikhs are friends of Pakistan and Muslims. They share the same Punjabhi blood.
No one is friend of no one. You guys are pushing everyone against the wall. So finding less hostile or neutral people is a natural thing for many in India now.

Last edited:
Indian media being trash like always. He clearly mentioned the commonality of language and culture of Pakistani Punjab with Indian Punjab and the headlines creates a very different impression. Hindutva is creating unnecessary division in their own country without realizing the repercussions. Opening the kartarpur was the right thing that state of Pakistan did.

Bunch of A grade sanghis in Indian media.

This, and I am not even sure about whole of Punjab mostly Manjha speaking areas or adjoining regions...

Well Navjot isn't important enough in Indian politics to influence him in opening up of Punjab to Punjab to contacts (besides city of what 11 million odd people opening up to RAW- ...)

If it wasn't such a big national security risk, ideally it's the city that historically cattered to whole of Punjab region- so many cities in Pak Punjab devaloped because of it or under it's influence
Unlucky for ind Punjab to not get that benefit
Could have helped in it's urbanization

East Punjab didn't get that many of the urban cities as compared to West Punjab, West Punjab has more of the rivers of Punjab than East Punjab does.

Security risk would be both ways, but bigger liability would be on Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom