What's new

Naval LCA MK-2 will be ready before INS Vikrant goes to Sea trials: Source

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
Naval LCA MK-2 will be ready before INS Vikrant goes to Sea trials: Source

5457709889_c60dd79be4.jpg

According to sources close to idrw.org, Naval LCA MK-2 will be ready before INS Vikrant Goes to sea trials somewhere around end of 2016, with launch of INS Vikrant, there is considerable amount of pressure of ADA and HAL to deliver Naval LCA MK-2 by the time INS Vikrant is ready for sea trials.

Naval LCA MK-2 according to sources will likely have its first flight by end of 2015 or mid 2016 and will be ready to carry out landing on decks of INS Vikrant by 2017; Navy has requirements for 46 MK-2 aircrafts which will be powered by General Electric’s F414-GE-INS6 engine with 98 kN of thrust and refined aerodynamics. INS Vikrant has been designed with a separate aircraft lift and maintenance facilities for the LCA, in addition to facilities for the MiG-29K.

Navy already has placed orders for 6 Naval LCA MK-1 which will be used to carry out testing on its shore-based test facility which has come up at INS Hansa Naval base in Goa. SBTF in Goa replicates an aircraft carrier deck on ground, complete with arrested recovery and a ski jump for takeoff. This facility, which is expected to be operational by end of 2013, will be used for certifying Naval LCA Pilots before actually flying off an aircraft carrier. Naval LCA MK-1 will also be used for pilot training and for training maintenance crews.

The LCA Navy NP-1, which has been grounded for one year now, after just four flights which started in April last year, could take to the skies again later this year after major modification to its landing gear, NP2 which is a Single-seat variant is already under construction and will be ready for first flight after NP-1 is back in air. There has been considerable amount of delays in building NP-2 since landing gear changes involved significant amount of re-engineering but NP2 will feature fully redesigned landing gear and other changes before its first flight.

Link - Naval LCA MK-2 will be ready before INS Vikrant goes to Sea trials: Source | idrw.org

Here comes the troll....who produces stuff and after contracted numbers continues building it and labels it indigenous.

We create our own which take time......

well isn't your Vikrant carrier laungh at 30% built? :rolleyes: I just base my assumption on the fact...how dare you to call that a "troll"?

If this news is correct- GREAT HAPPY DAYS!! But I have serious reservations.

Are ADA/HAL/ DRDO really going to deliver the N-LCA MK.2 and LCA MK-2 at around the same time for testing (2015/16)??

Then there is fact this is IDRW- my suspicions were already raised.

well isn't your Vikrant carrier laungh at 30% built? :rolleyes: I just base my assumption on the fact...how dare you to call that a "troll"?

You actions get's you the tag of TROLL......

Was your aircraft carrier battle ready when it was launched in 2012? Or is it battle ready now?

If you want to tag your self as a good member of PDF act like one......

If this news is correct- GREAT HAPPY DAYS!! But I have serious reservations.

Are ADA/HAL/ DRDO really going to deliver the N-LCA MK.2 and LCA MK-2 at around the same time for testing (2015/16)??

Then there is fact this is IDRW- my suspicions were already raised.

Yes this news is very suspicious as their source is IDRW news network(INN).

Shiiitejas mk 1 is a big failure..and now mk2 is here? :rofl:

Yeah Tejas mk1 is a big failure. That's why we are inducting around 2 squadrons of them. :lol:

You actions get's you the tag of TROLL......

Was your aircraft carrier battle ready when it was launched in 2012? Or is it battle ready now?

If you want to tag your self as a good member of PDF act like one......

Dude, when we lauched it in 2012, Chinese spokeman called carrier's mission as scientifc research and not battle ready..and it is still reseach and experimental carrier in 2013, you just missed the news...you failed me again.

as the video shown, we're still testing it, the title of the video is explicite, only if you know read and understand what it said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDls2vNLzM

...and I'm still thinking how an aircraft would fly with 30% built? :cuckoo:

India need to worry about getting LCA inducted before worry about MK2.

is this LCA-2 MK-2 go into air with 30% ready as your carrier :omghaha:

At least its 30% built. whats the point? Nobody proclaimed that it was 100% built did they.

India need to worry about getting LCA inducted before worry about MK2.

It will get inducted soon and will enter production work is going on in full steam at HAL.

At least its 30% built. whats the point? Nobody proclaimed that it was 100% built did they.

The point is -> will it fly at 30% built as ship floating at 30% ? I'm still contemplate which parts are critical to make the plane flies at 30% :crazy_pilot:

The point is -> will it fly at 30% built as ship floating at 30% ? I'm still contemplate which parts are critical to make the plane flies at 30% :crazy_pilot:

No body said that it will fly at 30% or that its a job completed. All that is being told is that the moving out of the ship from dry dock was one of the first milestones or goal successfully achieved.

I am just trying to put things in to perspective so that if there was any misunderstanding let it be cleared. No body is telling that the carrier is ready for becoming operational.

Realistically, we will see some more Mig 29K being contracted. However hoping that ADA gets its act right this time around, there still is some time before Vikrant becomes operational so they can put their best foot forward. No better sight than a amde in India AC with with made in India fighters operating from it.

Back
Top Bottom