What's new

NATO Forces Kill 13 Pak FC's out of a total of 27!

All these incidents ought to be condemed. But what differnce does it mak who is in power. President Musharraf only condemmed these attacks and the PPP government will only condem them. It not like they will do more then that.

Each time US does this, the more Pakistan slips away from this war, Musharraf never moves away from American interest, he said that the day coalition GOV came in power that Pakistan will carry on in the WoT. This was a while back ago the PM was standing next to Bush (before the visit the US had attacked on Pakistani soil) there were repoters asking Bush a question and he replied and then they asked PM a question, have you told Bush that your country has resentments on the attack the PM replied yes I did, Bush made a move from there, dialogue is the only way. Pakistan is I believe the second largest Muslim population and one of the most important Muslim country its action speak louder and clearer than others and I assure you dialogue will help Pakistan. Pakistan is a poor country and we can not turn our back against the US we are not in that position to do so. Dialogue, dialogue and dialogue alone will get us out of this mess.

Talwar,

Afghanistan is just a tad more complicated than Jihad, nor are its problems merely fixed by talking about "education".

Each time US does this, the more Pakistan slips away from this war, Musharraf never moves away from American interest, he said that the day coalition GOV came in power that Pakistan will carry on in the WoT. This was a while back ago the PM was standing next to Bush (before the visit the US had attacked on Pakistani soil) there were repoters asking Bush a question and he replied and then they asked PM a question, have you told Bush that your country has resentments on the attack the PM replied yes I did, Bush made a move from there, dialogue is the only way. Pakistan is I believe the second largest Muslim population and one of the most important Muslim country its action speak louder and clearer than others and I assure you dialogue will help Pakistan. Pakistan is a poor country and we can not turn our back against the US we are not in that position to do so. Dialogue, dialogue and dialogue alone will get us out of this mess.

What I ask you is how will the PPP handle this issue? Will it be different then the way President Musharraf handled this. And I am only talking about this strike today not the war on terror.

We are not a weak nation, and its highly unlikely that US will launch a full fledged war against Pakistan. They already have enough enemies.

It will be perfectly alright to carry our low scale military operations like shooting down and US drone that crosses the border.

The americans mthrfkrs need to be taught a lesson.

We must kill atleast 100 americans to revenge this.

The PM has strongly condemned this act and shown resentments in the Budget sesion in Parliment to day, this aint Musharraftocracy and we aint fighting anyones war here.
Man if that Gillani has balls he'd deny the US airspace for a week or two. This is something I expected from Musharraf but he failed on that count. IF your PPP leaders are this ultra cool I like to see them do this. Just this and I'd be your new convert Jiala.

I like to see Americans realize some TRUE consequences for their idiocy in Pakistan.

If Gillani can't do that then hes just blowing smoke up our collective ***** by condemning statements.

ARY is reporting that another U.S. attack on our soverignity has taken place. They have violated our soverignity twice in a matter of hours.

All this confusion will end when people realize that there is nothing called jihad in real world scenario. Because no war in this world can be called holy, because they are not faught for Islam but for selfish desires. The war against US by the terrorists is for their own selfish reasons and they stupidly called it holy war. Taliban attack afganistan and call it jihad, they attack pakistan army and call it jihad. We should not mess between Islam and national or organizational interests.

There is no solution to terrorism, but education.

Although I do not condone terrorism in any way and killing of innocents, when you are an occupied nation (and that too by force of arms), it is your right to take up arms. A Texan was asked what he would do if some Russians took over and he said you better believe it that I would pick up a gun and go after those who are occupiers. Maybe we need to better understand what is driving the Pashtuns into taking up arms against the Pakistanis, ISAF, and Tajiks in Afghanistan.

United Nations charter allows the right to self-defence in the face of occupation. So this is not a matter of Jihad only....its a matter of a certain group (the world's largest nomadic people) feeling they have been occupied.

You take out the Islamic part, there is a very deep Pashtun nationalistic undercurrent which also would push these guys to fight it out. So the issue is not one of just Jihad. Pashtuns are marginalized in Afghanistan. This fact is not lost on the Pashtuns of Pakistan.

What do you mean slips away? That's just pussyfooting and beating around the bush.

Either you're going to send a strong message to the US or play ball with them.

Don't use whatever Musharraf did as an excuse. You should in fact point out his mistakes and do what you're claiming to do right now. What dialogue? If it's anything other than "we're denying airspace" and then let them do the dialogue. Let them beg us and eventually we'll allow it again but after that they'll think 10 times before firing at our people.

"The US has already struck before and an apology was demanded, children were killed, nothing happened. The US claimed it did the right thing. honestly, if agnostic is right in saying the they want to stay in pakistan for at least two decades, then Pakistan will burn to the ground."

what I tell you guys, I'm always right. we're going to demand an apology, but we won't get one and then we'll suck up to them again. you know one thing I despise about the defeatists that run our media, the leaders without balls, and even some of our military officials is that they have this weak "slave-mentality" mindset.

our military leaders, still haven't realized that Pakistan is one of the Largest armies in the world and NATO standard. this is not even Kargil, when the army ran low on supplies, we make our own weapons now. it's just driving me crazy that Iran does not get attacked even with their wild statements and inferior military, for crying-out-loud, we are supposed to be a nuclear power!
:hitwall:
what the hell are we doing! a tomahawk cruise missile just happened to crash onto our side of the border intact. come on now! that's like a gift from Allah! what is the babur cruise missile for?

US defends airstrikes that angered Pakistan
By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press Writer
43 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - U.S. airstrikes into Pakistan that may have accidentally killed allied fighters have upset the already fragile relations between Washington and Islamabad over how to stem violence in the lawless border region.

Defense Department press secretary Geoff Morrell defended the bombing Wednesday and said it was too early to know whether the strike killed 11 Pakistani paramilitary forces, as alleged by the angry Pakistani Army.

"Every indication we have is that this was a legitimate strike against forces that had attacked members of the coalition," he told a Pentagon press conference.

Other U.S. officials said earlier Wednesday that three aircraft launched about a dozen bombs into Pakistan after militants attacked coalition forces in a wooded area near a checkpoint. Conflicting reports about the Tuesday clash were being sorted out by the U.S. military.

U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson was summoned to the Foreign Ministry, where Pakistan's government also lodged a diplomatic protest.

"The United States regrets that actions ... on the night of June 10 resulted in the reported casualties among Pakistani forces who are our partners in the fight against terrorism," a U.S. Embassy statement said. It expressed condolences to the families of the dead.

Rick Barton, a Pakistan expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said the incident comes at a bad time, when the new Pakistani government is already overwhelmed trying to find its way.

"The bad news with this kind of an incident is that it really distracts from the more important transition that's going on in Pakistan and it could really be exploited as an organizing tool to get people back to thinking the United States is the root cause" of problems in their country, Barton said.

"It could easily be used as a provocation for some of the groups that are most anti-American and are outside the government as well," he said.

The incident has inflamed anti-U.S. sentiment in Pakistan, where a new government is trying to reach out to tribal leaders in the border region to negotiate a peace deal. U.S. officials have expressed skepticism about the plan, and there have been repeated questions about Pakistan's commitment and ability to battle terrorists known to be hiding in the mountainous terrain.

As recently as Monday, Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, repeated U.S. fears that if left unchecked, the ungoverned border region will likely spawn the next attack on U.S. soil. That area is also where some believe Osama bin Laden is hiding.

Mullen, who has visited Pakistan three times since February, has talked at length with Gen. Ashfaq Kayani, who replaced stalwart U.S. ally President Pervez Musharraf as Pakistan Army chief last year.

The government, Mullen said, recognizes the challenge and is looking for the best way to handle it.

"I am learning as I go that these tribal areas are extraordinarily complex. There's no simple answer," said Mullen, adding that the U.S. wants peace agreements that can be enforced so that no insurgents cross the border.

Details of the incident remain murky.

U.S. forces said they used unmanned drones to follow the insurgents, then fired on them. It was not clear if the jets crossed into Pakistan's airspace.

In a statement, Combined Joint Task Force 101, based in Bagram, said coalition forces used the unmanned aircraft to maintain "positive identification of the enemy" firing at coalition troops.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said the operation was coordinated with the Pakistani forces.

The Pakistani army said the coalition airstrike hit a post of the paramilitary Frontier Corps and was a "completely unprovoked and cowardly act."

It launched a strong protest and reserved "the right to protect our citizens and soldiers against aggression," the military said in a statement.

The State Department said Wednesday it had no details of the incident but added that it could "understand" Pakistani anger if innocent lives had been taken.

"Loss of innocent life is obviously a tragedy," said Gonzalo Gallegos, a department spokesman. "It's something we all try to avoid."

US defends airstrikes that angered Pakistan - Yahoo! News

The PM has strongly condemned this act and shown resentments in the Budget sesion in Parliment to day, this aint Musharraftocracy and we aint fighting anyones war here.

Resentments!!!! wow a big word? what did he exactly said? kindly post link to back up you resentment claim!

Here we go with the resentment **** of PM....
INTERVIEW-Pakistan official says US strike not intentional
By David Morgan

WASHINGTON, June 11 (Reuters) - Pakistan does not view a U.S. air strike that killed 11 Pakistani soldiers at a border post near Afghanistan as an intentional hostile act, Pakistan's ambassador to the United States said on Wednesday.

Pentagon Defends Deadly Air Strike on Afghan-Pak Border

PM Gilani approves 50k tonnes wheat export to Afganistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister, Yousuf Raza Gilani, Tuesday approved export of 50,000 tonnes wheat to Afghanistan on discounted rate.
Afghan president Hamid Karzai a few days ago telephoned the Pakistan Prime Minister and requested him to export wheat to Afghanistan due to acute shortage of the staple food commodity.

Bush, Pakistan's Gilani Discuss Fighting Terrorism
U.S. President George Bush and Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani say they are determined to continue fighting terrorism.

Govt to freeze defence budget, says Gilani

Zardari for visa-free travel between India, Pak

'I dream about Pak being India's force multiplier'
deployment of more paramilitary forces and police which would be 'more humane' and help in addressing the '60-year-old wound' of the Kashmir issue. :cheesy:

Musharraf a relic of the past, says Zardari

Do you see what's going on? Have you ever wondered why indian govt. and press is projecting and praising criminal Zardari as a leader of Pakistan?
They never been so kind to any of Pakistani ruler? than why they choose Zardari?

Zardari directs for removal of containers from parliament front
ISLAMABAD: Co-chairman of Pakistan People's Party Asif Ali Zardari has directed the authorities to remove containers kept at Jinnah Avenue in front of the Parliament House.
The authorities had barricaded the Parliament House with containers after lawyers’ long march and their announcement to hold siege of the parliament.
I'm confused who is the PM of Pakistan? Is it the one who is issuing orders to police and holding meetings and attending security breifings?

Oh' ye anti dictators. I would like to hear Zardari condeming the attacks not some pet dog.
If Zardari can hold secret meetings with foreign ministers of America and india than he should have been the first one ordering to close American embassy!
Where is he today? I didn't heard any thing from him and neither any thing from the leaders of Pakhtookhwa?

Have we forget that this man can even sell any thing for money? Why we risk our future on such a person? He is not even educated, he submitted fake degrees and if justice is for all than he should be in jail by now for fraud!

US and Nato and the Client will fire upon Pakistani forces inside Pakistan and there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do about this -- read the statement of the US forces, it is clear that they have no apology to offer and that should their client wish to redraw a border it's client does not accept , there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do about that either.

Welcome to American alliance, happy f16 to you

US and Nato and the Client will fire upon Pakistani forces inside Pakistan and there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do about this -- read the statement of the US forces, it is clear that they have no apology to offer and that should their client wish to redraw a border it's client does not accept , there is pretty much nothing Pakistan can do about that either.

Welcome to American alliance, happy f16 to you

Muse,

After reading details in this report in the Jang, I have to agree with you that the reaction from the US has been nothing short of despicable and arrogant. But I would still maintain that now is not the time to do anything drastic.
Around 80 US and Afghan soldiers earlier on Tuesday had moved towards Speena Sooka (White Peak) in the contested Sheikh Baba area, where Pakistan and Afghanistan for the past several years had wanted to set up a security check-post.

Both the neighbouring counties have been claiming the ownership of this strategically-important mountainous area, which on various occasions in the past resulted in violent clashes between the troops of the two countries.

However, the US troops backed by gunship helicopters and unmanned drones on Tuesday set up a military post on the disputed land and reportedly fired shots at the Pakistani security personnel when they offered resistance.

US military officials have reportedly complained that militants often use the same mountainous spot to infiltrate into Afghanistan to attack the allied forces.The sources said the presence of the US forces in the volatile area provoked both Afghan and Pakistani Taliban and consequently they attacked them.

The Afghan Taliban and the Pakistani militants affiliated with Baitullah Mehsud-led Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) reportedly sandwiched the US troops when they respectively attacked them from both sides of the border.

The US troops reportedly asked for air support from their military airbase in Bagram, Afghanistan.The sources, while quoting senior US military officials, said two US Air Force F-15 Strike Eagle planes dropped 4,500-pound precision-guided bombs on the Pakistani territory, about a half-mile inside the border, about 12 miles south of Asadabad, the provincial headquarters of the bordering Kunar province.

There were also reports that a US unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) spotted and followed the militants as they fled back to Pakistan, which caused heavy loss to the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban.

Some US officials were reportedly saying that the American troops stopped at the border but the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) kept constant track of the enemy, pinpointed their location and, in coordination with the Pakistani military forces, the air strike on the Taliban was carried out to eliminate the threat to the allied forces at the border.

The Pakistani villages that came under attack included Suran, Bahadur Kalley, Guloona and Speena Sooka. Also, an FC post at Gora Paro was attacked where around 50 soldiers were deputed.

According to sources, besides the FC personnel and villagers, several militants were also killed in the US air strikes that continued till Wednesday morning.Maulvi Omar, TTP spokesman, told The News on telephone that 14 of their people died in the skirmish, eight of them from Bajaur while six belonged to the Mohmand Agency. He also claimed that their fighters had captured eight soldiers of the Afghan National Army (ANA).

27 killed as US jets bomb Mohmand Agency

More details about what happened, mostly validating the report above.

As for details of the incident, according to insider information, on June 10 (Tuesday) approximately between forty to fifty Afghan troops arrived in Gora Prai area on the Pak-Afghan border in Mohmand Agency. These troops positioned themselves almost exactly opposite to a Pakistani FC check post at Gora Prai and informed their Pakistani counterparts that they were going to set up a post at that point. They were reminded by Pakistani security personnel that according to the agreement between the two countries there was no provision to set up a check post exactly opposite each other even if their own territory. According to these reports the discussion ended amicably. Around 7.00 pm on Tuesday evening as the Afghan troops began to leave the area they were ambushed. The ambush took place on the Afghan territory. However, soon thereafter the Coalition Forces launched an attack on the Pakistani post. The coalition forces, according to reliable reports, then engaged the Pakistani troops located on the Pakistani territory. Distraught Pakistani sources maintain that the coalition ground troops subsequently received aerial support as the coalition planes also attacked the Pakistani post and destroyed it. Evidently what seems to be more than a skirmish has left 11 Pakistani security personnel dead including one officer and seven critically injured. Initially, some 10 troops were also reported missing.

The deadly attack by the US-led led forces has been censured by the government as a "completely unprovoked" violent act. The attack on its soldiers seems to have shaken the confidence of the Pakistan Army in their cooperation with the Americans in the ongoing war against terrorism. This is evident by the stringent statement of the Pakistani military spokesman who condemned the attack as "cowardly" and warned that the attack 'hit at the very basis of cooperation' between Pakistani and US-led forces in Afghanistan.

What triggered deadly attack by coalition

Back
Top Bottom