What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wauw. So you are a muhajir or what? Well, that was a shame.:(

Well, I always wondered about such an question. Thanks for the answers. I guess it is more complex than one can imagine.
Yes 3 generations ago we were muhajirs now we are very much settled and not going to "migrate" so we never adapted that title...We were always thought Pakistan is our country and we are Pakistani...no one in my family even calls themselves muhajirs :rofl: For us its an insult because we are not moving anywhere :P

I have read that weightlifting from a young age can deter your growth. Not sure how accurate that is. Not a doctor.
:agree: read the same
Speaking about weightlifting (which is popular among the Arab diaspora in Europe) then the types that do that, at least here in Europe, are what you would call street thugs back home. I mean the gangsta/ghetto type. I cannot take them seriously so I have not really got into that. I like to be in shape though but I do that by running and being "active".
:rofl:

Muhajirs (people who migrated from india in 47.... probably historys biggest mass migration)
I think close to 8% ...? most of them are settled in Karachi n Hyderabad... others were punjabi so u cant differentiate them from the rest of the population (Punjab)?

Also many who went to Punjab call themselves Punjabi now (by this I mean those who migrated who weren't already ethnic punjabis), only those who went to sindh still use muhajir tag.

Also many who went to Punjab call themselves Punjabi now (by this I mean those who migrated who weren't already ethnic punjabis), only those who went to sindh still use muhajir tag.
oOoo...I see

Ok lets see...I have been to Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, UK (Wales, Scotland AND England havent been to Ireland need to go there to finish up UK), Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Coppenhagen (just a few hrs wondered into the city when I was in Malmo, Sweden), Italy and now going to add 2 more... :woot:
I think I forgot 1 other country....oh well 2 more to add by the end of this yr and INSHALLAH hopefully soon to USA for my cousin's wedding IF I get the visa :unsure:

You won't find any "muhajir" in Punjab.
explains why my family never kept it... :rofl: Hun Punjabi!! :rofl:

No, none of my family is in India. They all migrated to Pakistan i mean my father's side because my mother's side is from Iran so we all live here. A uniquely diverse family in fact. I don't know how Indian Muslims view Pakistan but Indian Hindus surely threaten to kick them into Pakistan because of their religion.
so you are a fake pakistani like @Marshmallow o_O

@al-Hasani which European city did you like the best and why? Oh wait you mentioned France...but arent they racist?

Yes 3 generations ago we were muhajirs now we are very much settled and not going to "migrate" so we never adapted that title...We were always thought Pakistan is our country and we are Pakistani...no one in my family even calls themselves muhajirs :rofl: For us its an insult because we are not moving anywhere :P

:agree: read the same
:rofl:

Sorry if I am getting too personal or controversial but have your family not been sentimental at all? I mean probably not since they have lost all contact to India and extended family there but I mean they probably know where they once resided etc? I mean my family is pretty mixed, I can trace it quite a long back to tell you honestly, but it is mostly Arab, and sometimes I feel al title bit connected with country x or y or city x or y because I know that an ancestor once lived there etc. I was thinking about how Muslim people that emigrated from what is now India (it did not exist back then) who have now migrated to Pakistan and settled there think about such an issue. I mean people such as you for example and your father/family.:D

Yes, of course you are as Pakistani as everybody else and will always be that.:D

Well, you laugh but since you live in Europe you must admit that I am right? At least that was the case in Paris and it is very much the case in Copenhagen.

Many look like this, especially those that work out:

2co4js8.jpg

dcef43.jpg

Of course I am now hugely generalizing but those types are very much present.:D

I think that goes for many Muslim immigrants in Europe. Arabs are just one big part of that since they are biggest Muslim group in Europe. Arabs even outnumber the Muslim Europeans such as Albanians, Bosnians etc. LOL. Turks are second but you see the same thing among them. Unfortunately Pakistanis are not immune either.

:D

Can Pakistanis and Indians visit each other btw? Never asked such a question.

If we have suicidal tendencies then yes we can :lol:
Yeah if you looking to die young.
Off mark.

@al-Hasani At a minimum close to a thousand Pakistani's visit India each year for medical treatments alone, let alone tourism regardless of whether relations are on an upswing or downswing.

Though Afghans coming to India for medical treatments far outnumber them.

I personally have also met Pakistani families in Delhi hospitals.

Last edited:
Sorry if I am getting too personal or controversial but have your family not been sentimental at all? I mean probably not since they have lost all contact to India and extended family there but I mean they probably know where they once resided etc? I mean my family is pretty mixed, I can trace it quite a long back to tell you honestly, but it is mostly Arab, and sometimes I feel al title bit connected with country x or y or city x or y because I know that an ancestor once lived there etc. I was thinking about how Muslim people that emigrated from what is now India (it did not exist back then) who have now migrated to Pakistan and settled there think about such an issue. I mean people such as you for example and your father/family.:D

Yes, of course you are as Pakistani as everybody else and will always be that.:D

Well, you laugh but since you live in Europe you must admit that I am right? At least that was the case in Paris and it is very much the case in Copenhagen.

2co4js8.jpg

dcef43.jpg

I think that goes for many Muslim immigrants in Europe. Arabs are just one big part of that since they are biggest Muslim group in Europe. Arabs even outnumber the Muslim Europeans such as Albanians, Bosnians etc. LOL. Turks are second but you see the same thing among them. Unfortunately Pakistanis are not immune either.

Bro they do not even look like they work out, they just look like criminals. :lol:

@al-Hasani which European city did you like the best and why? Oh wait you mentioned France...but arent they racist?

I probably like Paris, Rome and Barcelona the best. Paris for its French architecture and special feel. Very cosmopolitan city. Like the French language (I am more or less fluent) and cuisine. Mentality too somewhat. I mean the mentality that you should not worry too much and enjoy your life. That is even seen more in Southern Europe such as Spain and Italy. That is somewhat very close to the Arab way of life.

What I felt more close to personally, as a country, is Spain without an doubt. Probably due to 800 years of Al-Andalus rule, 20-25% Spanish words being of Arabic origin, similar accents when pronouncing many letters even, sometimes I see similar faces, somewhat similar landscapes (especially in the South), most close climate, somewhat similar cuisine, mentality etc. Very open people, laud (such as Arabs too), hospital, less disciplined, lazy etc. (also something Arabs can struggle with)

Northern Europe is TOTALLY different if you ask me. More closed off, more disciplined, totally different cuisine, weather, mentality, landscapes etc. I mean if you compare Denmark, Northern Germany etc. with Spain it seems that they are not countries from the same continent.

I know that many Europeans themselves see those differences and acknowledge them so there is definitely something about the issues I told.

Well, Catholic vs. Protestant/Lutheran too if you want to add religion as well. That has also largely shaped the differences.

Oh, I also liked Munich and Berlin. The two only German cities that I have spend more than 1 day in.

2co4js8.jpg

dcef43.jpg

Well, my family made a choice to move for a better life away from being threatened and oppressed or whatever they felt there...the only thing they PROBABLY do miss is their ancestral land...apart from that....they are pro-Islam :rofl: so did it for Islam ....A choice made and acted on ...

Well, dont know about distant far off relatives...the thing actually was right before Pakistan got independence, my greatgrand father's brother already was in Lahore with his family so when the rest moved they felt at home....and well MOST if not ALL of their generation people are dead now so I am not sure whom to ask :unsure:

Both my parents were born in Pakistan in fact my paternal grandparents got married in Pakistan while my maternal ones had 2 children when they came to Pakistan (1 uncle is dead now) could ask the other uncle but he doesnt say much except the trauma the Indians gave them...I am not sue if they just happened to live in the wrong areas or it really was that bad...but yea...

Off mark.

At a minimum close to a thousand Pakistani's visit India each year for medical treatments alone, let alone tourism regardless of whether relations are on an upswing or downswing.

Though Afghans coming to India for medical treatments far outnumber them.

I personally have also met Pakistani families in Delhi hospitals.

Well i don't think visiting for medical reasons would come under that category. I have come across stories of people and once i guess of a woman who went to India for some issues regarding her ancestral land and wasn't being granted the permission to get back to Pakistan. Nobody can claim that we can travel safely to India or vice versa.

Bro they do not even look like they work out, they just look like criminals. :lol:

LOL, not necessarily working out and probably not compared to you :lol: but the clothing is similar. Don't know the words in English for it. I mean similarity in clothing, accent etc. Maybe @Talon can explain it better than me. You really need to see it yourself. I know that it is not like that in the USA since I have studied there for 1 year.

Compare it a bit to the "gangsters" in the Black and Latin community in USA. There are normal people among them and those "gangsters"

LOL, actually those two I posted are rappers but since you mentioned the word criminal than many of those people are probably also criminals to make matters worse:lol:

:lol:

Can't correct my spelling mistakes since there is something wrong with the forum. If I do it then large chunks of my posts suddenly disappears. Other with the same problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom