What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Armstrong,http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mCaWGZW3QK0/TNUrSltbUiI/AAAAAAAAAAo/-IU-PcpmNGQ/s1600/allamaiqbal.jpg
brother good day, if you have time during your day, can you explain me this quote with respect to context, looking for it online so far no result. merci

Thats a couplet by Iqbal & Iqbal is the poet-philosopher of Pakistan which means he is as cryptic as Goethe & yet as beautifully expressive as Rembrandt with a brush ! Plus, though, Urdu is my mother tongue, I never, most regrettably, developed much of a proficiency in the more finer literary genres of it.

So in my rudimentary understanding of Iqbal & Urdu, it probably means :

Oh Iqbal I am searching for my self,

And yet I myself am the passenger & the journey's end

I think hes referring to what he called as 'Khudi or Self' !

To find out more about what 'Khudi or Self' means, read this : ::: Iqbal’s Concept of Khudi (Ego) :::

And this : IQBAL'S CONCEPT OF THE SELF

Or better yet you can download some of his works with English Translation from here : Welcome to Allama Iqbal Site

Even in the poetic section where only Urdu & Persian are listed open them up (by right clicking & opening another tab) & then select a poem & often there is an option for a 'translation' to it as well in English.

@Armstrong ka bhi mood theek hua or u too still down?:undecided:

u all r happy then sad happy then sad :P

animated-baby-crying-laughing.gif

confused huh?:P

Down !

Way Down !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a couplet by Iqbal & Iqbal is the poet-philosopher of Pakistan which means he is as cryptic as Goethe & yet as beautifully expressive as Rembrandt with a brush ! Plus, though, Urdu is my mother tongue, I never, most regrettably, developed much of a proficiency in the more finer literary genres of it.

So in my rudimentary understanding of Iqbal & Urdu, it probably means :

Oh Iqbal I am searching for my self,

And yet I myself am the passenger & the journey's end

I think hes referring to what he called as 'Khudi or Self' !

To find out more about what 'Khudi or Self' means, read this : ::: Iqbal’s Concept of Khudi (Ego) :::

And this : IQBAL'S CONCEPT OF THE SELF

Or better yet you can download some of his works with English Translation from here : Welcome to Allama Iqbal Site

Even in the poetic section where only Urdu & Persian are listed open them up (by right clicking & opening another tab) & then select a poem & often there is an option for a 'translation' to it as well in English.

Down !

Way Down
!
Missing-Quotes-37.jpg

Babes, Rafay is correct. Only in Western culture is rain a symbol of sadness. For us it symbolizes joy and life.

Don't take the syllabus as everything. Don't you love it when it rains in Islamabad? :)

it symbolises sadness,i hav read in a poem in course book,ask anyone here:bunny: u ll again b wrong then u will cry and complain abt me to other members on other thread dat Marashmallow is dis dat she says dis to me blah blah

stormy-animated-rain-cloud.gif

Babes, Rafay is correct. Only in Western culture is rain a symbol of sadness. For us it symbolizes joy and life.

Don't take the syllabus as everything. Don't you love it when it rains in Islamabad? :)

BB and da syllabus is written by western writers not by da kind of uncle Rumi,Aeronaut's fav :P

and i lov it wen it rains here but i dont luv it wen da ma'aam thrashes us if v explain otherwise to wat she wants to hear :P

animated-screaming-baby-crying.gif

@Marshmallow I, actually liked your avatar with that naughty baby girl, with funny hat, hanging on a chair, making this really funny face.

ty but i keep changing it:girl_wink: will make it afta few days:police:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom