What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of-course he is a Pathan... he doesn't need to know Pushto to be a Pathan.... Many Yousafzais don't know a word of Pushto... specially the ones who migrated from India... As much as language counts, blood is also very very important....
It is pashto which is important in defining Pashtun. By pashto i mean both langauge and pashtunwali. Blood may not be that much important as according to some estimates 30-50% of pashto speakers are not "nasli pashtun" i.e they are not members of any of the pashtun tribe...If we agree with you that blood is very very important then those indian pathans are heavily intermixed with others, they cant be called pashtuns/pathans according to your criteria of blood line.

It is pashto which is important in defining Pashtun. By pashto i mean both langauge and pashtunwali. Blood may not be that much important as according to some estimates 30-50% of pashto speakers are not "nasli pashtun" i.e they are not members of any of the pashtun tribe...If we agree with you that blood is very very important then those indian pathans are heavily intermixed with others, they cant be called pashtuns/pathans according to your criteria of blood line.

So how do you differentiate a Pathan then - only those who can speak Pushto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom