What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I'm into technology and stocks... I follow all majors in US! :D

No can do on any insider info. Friend. :rofl:

But yeah, I don't blame you. You my friend are in the business of calculated risk taking. My father once wanted me to take up accounting like good old Armstrong here, but I took the easy way out and went for Marketing.

My father was pissed, but now I think everything has worked out for the better. He's got no complaints and neither does my bank balance.

No can do on any insider info. Friend. :rofl:

But yeah, I don't blame you. You my friend are in the business of calculated risk taking. My father once wanted me to take up accounting like good old Armstrong here, but I took the easy way out and went for Marketing.

My father was pissed, but now I think everything has worked out for the better. He's got no complaints and neither does my bank balance.

Not the easy - The better way out ! Most of the work I do can be quite aptly dubbed as 'donkey work'; the only reason I persevered with this is because the Finance & the Management Accounting course work is pretty good *much better than the equivalent of what would be in an undergrad degree in Accounting & Finance*

Armstrong you should have taken up marketing as well. I know people say that there are no jobs for marketing in Pakistan, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Marketing is just starting up in Pakistan. Those ufone ads are like a historic land mark.

You could have landed yourself a nice job with an international corporation like Nestle, and been traveling the world, or stayed right there at home in Lahore.

Armstrong you should have taken up marketing as well. I know people say that there are no jobs for marketing in Pakistan, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Marketing is just starting up in Pakistan. Those ufone ads are like a historic land mark.

You could have landed yourself a nice job with an international corporation like Nestle, and been traveling the world, or stayed right there at home in Lahore.

Dude, it's so simple... be the BEST at whatever you do.... no one should be able to question you, and you'll end up making a fortune!

Money should follow you, not the other way.... money is a simple *****, you just need to understand it's beat.... it can dance to your tune...

Dude, it's so simple... be the BEST at whatever you do.... no one should be able to question you, and you'll end up making a fortune!

Money should follow you, not the other way.... money is a simple *****, you just need to understand it's beat.... it can dance to your tune...

Entrepreneurs usually don't work for the money. They get high off the challenge. For the money is within their grasps.

I agree with you. Put your heart into whatever you do, and be the BEST.

Nah...my social skills are pretty bad ! I couldn't even handle properly the client I'm working on at the beginning the way my colleagues can; when to press him, when to give him lee-way, when to just back down & get the conversation started in another direction - I'm still learning the ins & outs of that *pretty much the only good thing about this internship right now*. Its pretty hard to control your temper when the client tells you for a week at a stretch that whatever you asked him to prepare is coming around nicely only to turn up at the end of the week to tell you that he couldn't do it...the software just doesn't have the option. And then have the temerity of blaming you for protracting the audit for so long. Well foOk me...but thank God I hadn't a machete in my hand.

Not the easy - The better way out ! Most of the work I do can be quite aptly dubbed as 'donkey work'; the only reason I persevered with this is because the Finance & the Management Accounting course work is pretty good *much better than the equivalent of what would be in an undergrad degree in Accounting & Finance*
Yara, stop feeling let down.... You're 22... and you're awesome... wake up every day... go in front of the mirror and say that to yourself.... you have time till you're 30 to finish whatever you want done in life..... you can do whatever you want.... simple as that!

Nah...my social skills are pretty bad ! I couldn't even handle properly the client I'm working on at the beginning the way my colleagues can; when to press him, when to give him lee-way, when to just back down & get the conversation started in another direction - I'm still learning the ins & outs of that *pretty much the only good thing about this internship right now*. Its pretty hard to control your temper when the client tells you for a week at a stretch that whatever you asked him to prepare is coming around nicely only to turn up at the end of the week to tell you that he couldn't do it...the software just doesn't have the option. And then have the temerity of blaming you for protracting the audit for so long. Well foOk me...but thank God I hadn't a machete in my hand.

Come on dude you are Pakistani. You can develop those skills in five hours if I take you to the bazaar.

As for your client, the universal truth is.

The customer/consumer is always right.

Yeah it sucks. And it pisses you off.

But it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom