What's new

Narendra Modi: India’s Next Prime Minister?

Because we feel he is doing the right thing. India may be a competitor, or enemy of China, nonetheless, capable people are always respected.

This has nothing to do with the managing style - dictatorship vs democratic, it is all about vision, policy and execution. I personally don't believe India as a country can become a developed country by skipping industrial revolution. Servicing based economy is only meaningful with strong industrial support (China's servicing sector is actually bigger than that of India although BPO/Outsource is relatively small.) Modi's focus on manufactuering is the only path for India. That may hurt China's interest but let's compete fair and square.

i like this chinese's attitude... :) .. but i dont think with this kind of infrastructure and policies india can compete with china in near term... even if modi comes to power it will still take a decade to become a export hub like china or japan...

i had a theory in my mind... regarding chinese...

like chinese and indians are geographically separated by 1000s of KMS.. we two civilizations dont share any natural animosity between us... this kind of attitude is shown by the chinese here...

on the other hand pakistanis are a natural enemies of india... we should be very careful regarding pakistanis...and always have a buffer between us and pakistanis.. chinese can become partners of india in long term...... when we have to face a dying arogant western civilization in future...

i like this chinese's attitude... :) .. but i dont think with this kind of infrastructure and policies india can compete with china in near term... even if modi comes to power it will still take a decade to become a export hub like china or japan...

There're a lot bitterness on this thread between India and China so one may think that the competition between India and China is a zero sum game. If we put our ego aside for a while, actually both countries are the winner of the game - billions of people haven been or will be lifted out of poverty and people from both countries enjoy "luxury" items like internet and cellphones just as people from Western countries do.

I don't think a country has to become an export hub. Japan/Korea have to but China/India don't have to. However, a country has to be able to produce things, buying weapons won't make one a superpower. Again, I am not an ideology guy, I don't care that much of the form of the government as long as it executes. As for Modi, I am aware of people don't like him for his treatment of Muslims, I don't know too much about that so I won't comment on that. But at least his industrial policy makes sense.

There're a lot bitterness on this thread between India and China so one may think that the competition between India and China is a zero sum game. If we put our ego aside for a while, actually both countries are the winner of the game - billions of people haven been or will be lifted out of poverty and people from both countries enjoy "luxury" items like internet and cellphones just as people from Western countries do.

I don't think a country has to become an export hub. Japan/Korea have to but China/India don't have to. However, a country has to be able to produce things, buying weapons won't make one a superpower. Again, I am not an ideology guy, I don't care that much of the form of the government as long as it executes. As for Modi, I am aware of people don't like him for his treatment of Muslims, I don't know too much about that so I won't comment on that. But at least his industrial policy makes sense.

i agree with you.. and i think indian govt also agrees with this.. that is why indian govt is jumping on every opportunity where Indians can trade with chinese... i think we are now china's 8th or 9th biggest trade partners also... and india china trade is growing fastest in china's top 10 largest trading partners .. by 2020 india easily will be in top 5.. of largest trade patners of china..

and regarding indian purchases of weapon you have to understand ... we are buying technologies not just weapons.. this will help india in long run to develop our own new generation weapons ... so its not that india is just buying india gets TOT on every weapon system she purchases ..

@rusty
majority of pakistan people bash anyone who preaches secular values in your country ..why you are bothered about minorities of other nations ?
Having said that india is democratic country where constitution is supreme ..our constitution doesnt discriminates about a single minority ..everyone is same against law .. Dont worry about our minorities , living with hindu baniya they are smart enough to protect themselves and develop

What happens in Pakistan is irrelevant to this thread. Why are you Indian members constantly bring up Pakistan?
Please tell me what relevance Pakistan has to this thread.?
Closing your eyes and ears to the topic won't make it go away.
And on a side note, being secular does not mean you have an exclusive claim to minority rights.

Is Narandra Modi pro Vietnam?

The chinese seem to want to save india more than the congress appeasers.

Salute to China. :china:

unlike vietnamese, most of chinese have several different faces. and they can be friend, enemy, bully... at the same time.
It is their mentality

I am an Indian and I will vote for him. The elections couldn't come soon enough from where I stand frankly.

I am an Indian and there is no chance in hell i would vote for him.

Is Narandra Modi pro Vietnam?

unlike vietnamese, most of chinese have several different faces. and they can be friend, enemy, bully... at the same time.
It is their mentality

He is fiercely pro-India..So, he is naturally a friend for a friend..
And Vietnam is a very dear friend of India..

I am an Indian and there is no chance in hell i would vote for him.

Yup I know. 300 years of Mughal rule and 300 years of British slavery haven't taught us anything.

We are, after all, the true proverbial kutte-ki-dum. We will NEVER straighten up.

Somebody has put it very well; those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

...and we are condemned to repeat our history.

Modi is extremist. If he becomes then India will be state only for Hindus not sculler state.

Hindus by nature as a faith and a people are tolerant and secular.

I am a micro minority. My faith survives today, and we as a people, because the Hindus made place for us on their land.

No force to convert.

No violence or killing.

Freedom to practice our faith.

Freedom to have our own private places of worship.

Freedom to live and prosper with dignity on their land.

Freedom to maintain our identity.

Yet acceptance and absorption into the mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom