What's new

My PAK-FA analysis

obviously it increases price im just sick of people who act like it cant be done, my point is it can at a cost, and who said anything about a blank check?

just because you can jump of a cliff does not mean you should do it.

The Key point of the JF-17 was that it was cheap and easy to maintain.
And still served the Needs of the PAF.

Paying for reduced RCS on system that is supposed to be Cheap and easy maintain is counter productive.

Doing it on of your more advanced and deserving fighter aircraft like the FC-20 would a more tactical move.

Just imagine the amount of damage a FC-20 can do as opposed to a JF-17.

FC-20 can make better use of the increased survivability.

just because you can jump of a cliff does not mean you should do it.

The Key point of the JF-17 was that it was cheap and easy to maintain.
And still served the Needs of the PAF.

Paying for reduced RCS on system that is supposed to be Cheap and easy maintain is counter productive.

Doing it on of your more advanced and deserving fighter aircraft like the FC-20 would a more tactical move.

Just imagine the amount of damage a FC-20 can do as opposed to a JF-17.

FC-20 can make better use of the increased survivability.

I doubt it can do more damage than the F-16 Block 52 that they have already! - Again 30-40 F-16 Blk 52 plus 30-40 FC20 and infinite JF-17 - as and when they come - I dont think they will be any match for the number of advanced jets we would have by then!

By 2020

We can look at a fleet of about 230 SU 30 MKI-Teanche 2 MLU, at least 100 LCA (52 of them of MKII config), 100 MRCA (Typhoon or SH), 40-50 FGFAs. So quite a potent force!

And I am not even counting the MCA - IMO it will have taken its first flight by then - It could be earlier than that 2017-18 (my opinion) - as they are working on Avionics already - Can someone also throw some light on when are the Avionics selected or worked upon during a fighter jets stage of development - more pertinent question is it after the Jet design is frozen or before that?

:cheers:

Last edited:
That increases the price and requires changes to the entire production line.

Why do people pretend as though they have blank chekcs

OUT OF SEVERE INFERIORITY COMPLEX!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cos they feel they can match up INDIA in terms of money!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I want to Ask all Members, Give a Correct Answer For My Question...

F/A-22 Raptor

i) World No.1 5th Gen Fighter Jet,
ii) Very low RCS 0.0001,
iii) Advance Avionics No.1 in the world.
iv) 2D TVC
v) Low Heat Signature
vi) Best MRBVRM Aim120 Series
vii) 12 BVR/WVR Missiles/ Bombs
viii) Made in USA Tag.
ix) Heavy maintance of 1 Flight Endurance needs 30 hours service
x) Price Tag (160~180m $) Just 180

PAK-FA/FGFA (T-50)

i) World 3rd 5th Gen Fighter Jet Created,
ii) Low RCS not up to 0.05~0.01
iii) Better Avionics,
iv) 3D TVC
v) Reduced Heat Signature
vi) LRBVRM/MRBVRM K-100(172)/R-77 Series
vii) 16 BVR/WVR Missiles/ Bombs
viii) Made in Russia(very little $$ support from India)
ix) Low Maintance
x) Price Tag (80~110m $) Heavy Production Planed

F-22 Raptor is not engaged in any Combat till now(Inducted 2005), but the Americans say it is the best no one can beat it. then why USAF stops it 180 and put order on f-35 over 2000+?.

If Americans say most of them accept why what about the Russians words? why you can't accept, even a PM word is not respected and deliver a speech that they are inferior to this and that.

:usflag:USA spends Billions of $ in R&D for Raptor :blah::blah::blah:

Just look this simple term,

If Russia Spends 1Million Russian Ruble is Equal to Just 32895.18$ USD so which is want to spend more money...??:what:

Give me simple ur Answers:wave:

If you Have will:azn::wave:

I want to Ask all Members, Give a Correct Answer For My Question...

<snipped>

If Americans say most of them accept why what about the Russians words? why you can't accept, even a PM word is not respected and deliver a speech that they are inferior to this and that.
Can you explain to the readership who is forcing you to believe what the Americans say about the F-22? Bottom line is that you can believe the Sopwith Camel is the best if you want.

Pros and cons.

Lets start with its new revolutionary sets of radars that give PAK-FA possibly one of the best situational capability!
This is one capability your fighter must have in future combat.

IMO the russians did not pay as much attention on stealth as Americans did with F-35 and F-22. IR and stealth design is not prominent in PAK-FA as in american stealth fighters, the intakes frame and flanker style engine layout are the prime examples.
And before any fanboy indians jump around, I am not saying PAK-FA is not stealthy but i will definitely disagree with parring it with F-35 or F-22 stealth technology.
T-50 is a trap for raping indian's money if it is not equipped with plasma stealth device .

T-50 is a trap for raping indian's money if it is not equipped with plasma stealth device .

Dont worry - Let us worry about that! - I dont think our AF, Media and Political leaders are stupid to get raped by Russians over this - For sure wat does and does not come in that ~$10 Bn invested by the Indians has already been decided - specially after the Gorkshov disaster!

Start taking for any upgrade, high end technology or a new fighter jet; JF-17 would be ready to incorporate all that tech.

So those who think that JF-17 cannot be a stealth fighter, keep dreaming...

Can you explain to the readership who is forcing you to believe what the Americans say about the F-22? Bottom line is that you can believe the Sopwith Camel is the best if you want.

Again I believe Trichy and others like me are just furious about the fact that there has been unnecessary bashing of the T-50 by our "good ol' neighbours" as always!

Go through all the posts and see for urself!
- Specially recommend the last thread - how it all started by praising and got down to unnecessary bashing by the end of it!

My point - Indians dont talk unnecessary BS unless provoked!

Besides its just a prototype - I looked at your last post on FCS - very informative - Thanks for that - but i would still disagree that changes cannot be made - more so to the belly - cos the Photoshop images provided before the plane's release were quite similar to the real thing and they do show a frameless cockpit/canopy and the belly is very much blended showing smooth curves. Will be good to have ur thoughts on it!

i dont know why every one compare the two planes its just a prototype i will take 5-6 years more to complete it self as a fighter so then you may compare them because no one no's what was F22 when it was a prototype. Dont underestimate russians

Yes, it will be ready for F-22, fear not my child. As soon as 90&#37; of the aircraft gets completed and we stop discussing the 10% that is out of context to the casual observer. All we know is that Russia plans to introduce a new fighter sometime in the medium to long term future.

So i'm confused now!
one indian guy says pakfa is not meant to compare with f22, other says it is even better some even claim the radar on mki is better than f22 and one guy said 250 pak fa vs lesser f22 and othe rguy said it is destined ot be feilded against Chin aand no tPakistan where as historically indians have always fielded their best against Pakistan and mki is one example!
end result is that it is premature to discuss pakfa while we don't know of any new engine, avionics and wepons.

Been telling this from the day PAK-FA flew..no one seems to be bothered. Now I am just sitting back and enjoying my coffee.

Start taking for any upgrade, high end technology or a new fighter jet; JF-17 would be ready to incorporate all that tech.

So those who think that JF-17 cannot be a stealth fighter, keep dreaming...

And YES I WOULD THEN RECOMMEND THE SAME TO BE DONE TO OUR MIG 21 Bis - why discard them just make them STEALTHY rite!! or as a matter of fact lets do that to all our planes lets just make them STEALTHY - Y SPEND 10 Bn to get a STEALTH PLANE!!

If that's true then i guess China got raped over, and over, and over again. Btw mind expalining what the trap is? Lets take the MKI, for example. It's considered one of the best fighters, now lets take the SU-35BM, it's superior in every way shape and form to the MKI. Case in point, Sukhoi knows how to built some damn good fighters.

I'm guessing you beleive the Pakfa is not stealthy because you are an expert? Or you heard others say so? Most experts would agree that the Pakfa will have a very small RCS.

And YES I WOULD THEN RECOMMEND THE SAME TO BE DONE TO OUR MIG 21 Bis - why discard them just make them STEALTHY rite!! or as a matter of fact lets do that to all our planes lets just make them STEALTHY - Y SPEND 10 Bn to get a STEALTH PLANE!!

Good one. I firmly believe Migs must have a unique and proud soul. All it takes is a pair of sharp eyes and serious effort to resurrect it.

Back
Top Bottom