What's new

My definition of secularism is simple, India first, Narendra Modi tells ove

Just look at Assam today. Whose f-king fault do you think that is today? The shift in demorgraphics from Illegals? BJP? WRONG BUDDY. CON-gress is at fault and has always been.

Take a good look at what is happening to our Hindu women in India. Look at how the media fails to show this to us.

http://maanojrakhit.com/25-en/A/assam-Hindu-Women-Raped-Chopped.pdf

http://maanojrakhit.com/25-en/A/assam-swapan-dasgupta.pdf

The Sickular media is NOT going to show this for obvious reasons.:argh:

I thought you cared for Dalits more than Brahmins. Brahmins and other castes are not considered as untouchables and oppressed as much as they .

I don't take sides in the matter, but I do believe that government should help people who are disadvantaged, either because of their own circumstances, or because they face discrimination in society.

And can you remind me,what exactly are you trying to prove here except derailing the thread ?

It is not derailing the thread at all; it goes to the heart of Modi's argument that he will work against communalism and for all of India.

The whole exercise was to demonstrate that Modi also institutes policies which favor certain groups over others. You justify it by saying that these policies redress institutionalized discrimination in society. This is precisely the argument for programs helping Muslims and other groups.

My aim was to highlight your guys' hypocrisy is lauding one program (favoring Hindu dalits) while deriding others (favoring Muslims).

Right....Narendra Modi is now the BJP alternative to Sonia Gandhi? Setting the bar pretty low, aren't you? I'm talking about someone who wants to be a PM, someone who should take a lead put of Vajpayee's book even if he no ABV.

You are forgetting that Sonia also wanted to be PM, she walked till Presidents office, only to be told no she can not.
What about that?

Right....Narendra Modi is now the BJP alternative to Sonia Gandhi? Setting the bar pretty low, aren't you? I'm talking about someone who wants to be a PM, someone who should take a lead put of Vajpayee's book even if he no ABV.

You are right .............some one aspiring to be Indian PM should be at least 6 feet tall, must have perfect eyesight and good hair, fair skin, he must be highly educated, he must be strong like Dara Singh, yet humble like Lal Bahadur Shastri, aggressive yet soft spoken, he must have abs like Salman khan, intellect like Abdul kalam, voice like Amitabh Bachchan, be eloquente like shashi tharoor, consensus builder like Sonia Gandhi, be erudite like Chanakya and must be well liked by Europeans and Americans.

...and till we find someone suitable, we should continue to vote for congress. :tup:

It wasn't an argument against Modi. It was, as you said an argument considering the system of governance presently being followed and the only one that will be available to Mr.Modi if he were to become PM. However, to quickly disabuse you of any notion that a Presidential form is necessarily better, the country of your present residence is a good example. The system of checks & balances can sometimes end up being used cynically by politicians to oppose a leader, an ideology or simply be destructive. That is the world we live in, it won't make that much of a difference who becomes the PM as many of you seem to think. Improving on MMS won't be as easy as you think. That is simply the nature of the politics at play in India.

There is such a thing called LEADERSHIP...........just because people have not seen that in Indian politics for a long time do not mean it doesn't exist.

Leadership is the quality that binds opposing forces together and makes them work for a Common Goal. Something amply demonstrated in Gujarat. Leadership makes all the difference in the world.

Indian since Independence doesn;t have a single leader of great caliber in all aspects. Modi is the first to come to that level. If we let this opportunity pass, we may never get a chance. I ask you brothers and sisters to think long and hard, if we truly want a shot in achieving the Indian dream, we need to get Modi elected. If Muslim Indians truly care about India, then put aside your feelings and truly think. Look past the BS, and give Modi a shot. If India is successful, we all will reap the benefits.

Take a look at this video. The world looks down on us as a failed nation. They wonder how a ppl so smart will allow a government to be like such. I am blaming all parties. Now, at this point we can only rely on the caliber of the candidates available. As I write, you see posters pointing out how it feels great to be led by a gora, where is your INDIAN PRIDE? There are others that post about communal BS and secularism. Electing Modi will not make minorities disappear, it will level the field which is what India needs.

BBC Our World India's Water Crisis - YouTube

There is such a thing called LEADERSHIP...........just because people have not seen that in Indian politics for a long time do not mean it doesn't exist.

Leadership is the quality that binds opposing forces together and makes them work for a Common Goal. Something amply demonstrated in Gujarat. Leadership makes all the difference in the world.

Gujarat is a state run without any reference to the opposition party(INC) because it was/is not necessary. No such luck at the centre. If you believe that Modi is going to get the Congress on his side, good luck with that.:) That will have to be some new leadership because he has yet to show that side of him till now.

You are forgetting that Sonia also wanted to be PM, she walked till Presidents office, only to be told no she can not.
What about that?

She wasn't fit for it and we are lucky she didn't become the PM.

But your bubble got burst already!

Sonia, being a PM material as Modi is now, abused Atal Vajpayee.
But you had reservations on Modi alone who berated MMS ?
Thats the bottom line.
I am sorry, but U hit the dead end here - take a 180 turn.

Lol

Gujarat is a state run without any reference to the opposition party(INC) because it was/is not necessary. No such luck at the centre. If you believe that Modi is going to get the Congress on his side, good luck with that.:) That will have to be some new leadership because he has yet to show that side of him till now.

It doesn;t matter. When ppl see the govt acting partisan based on party lines and not in the interest of the Indian citizens, then ppl will wake up. Its a win-win. You say Sonia is not fit, but Congress is actively looking to push Rahul for the position. Dynasty politics will make India democracy loose credibility and look like a farce.

Leadership is also about playing with the cards we have been dealt with and winning with it. Its also about inspiring others to believe they too can win.

Leadership is also about making the best of the situation you are in...and if that meant being in a situation where the opposition was weak so be it. Tomorrow when that same leader is in a position where the opposition is strong he will deal with that too .....he has learnt his lessons with trial by fire. Modi does not have to get the congress on his side, he needs to get the NDA on his side. :disagree: .....

Congress is required to play the role of the opposition...its not a role they are used to playing ...does it mean they will be a poor opposition so we should let them form the govt. again ? :cheesy:

Modi is not a 42 year old mamas boy...He is a self made 62 year old man who spent 40 years understanding India, building an organization like BJP, and the last 11 years running a state. It is foolish to think he does not know how to deal with the opposition. Even if we consider the absured suggestion that he doesn't know how to deal with the opposition, there will be enough people in the BJP who will be his adviser and guide. There will be a parliamentary affairs minister too.

But your bubble got burst already!

Sonia, being a PM material as Modi is now, abused Atal Vajpayee.
But you had reservations on Modi alone who berated MMS ?
Thats the bottom line.
I am sorry, but U hit the dead end here - take a 180 turn.

Lol

Move on man. you have nothing constructive to say. Go play with someone else. LoL yourself.

It doesn;t matter. When ppl see the govt acting partisan based on party lines and not in the interest of the Indian citizens, then ppl will wake up. Its a win-win. You say Sonia is not fit, but Congress is actively looking to push Rahul for the position. Dynasty politics will make India democracy loose credibility and look like a farce.

People have seen the BJP do just that over the last 8 years. Any conclusions? nuclear deal? FDI? Nobody cares like you want to believe they do or the BJP wouldn't have your support in the first place. Everyone wants the other party to play by the rules, nobody cares about the party they support not doing the same.

Btw, today's election results in Karnataka are ominous for the BJP. They came in 3rd. They got 19 of the 28 seats last time in the LS elections.

Leadership is also about playing with the cards we have been dealt with and winning with it. Its also about inspiring others to believe they too can win.

Leadership is also about making the best of the situation you are in...and if that meant being in a situation where the opposition was weak so be it. Tomorrow when that same leader is in a position where the opposition is strong he will deal with that too .....he has learnt his lessons with trial by fire. Modi does not have to get the congress on his side, he needs to get the NDA on his side. :disagree: .....

Congress is required to play the role of the opposition...its not a role they are used to playing ...does it mean they will be a poor opposition so we should let them form the govt. again ? :cheesy:

Modi is not a 42 year old mamas boy...He is a self made 62 year old man who spent 40 years understanding India, building an organization like BJP, and the last 11 years running a state. It is foolish to think he does not know how to deal with the opposition. Even if we consider the absured suggestion that he doesn't know how to deal with the opposition, there will be enough people in the BJP who will be his adviser and guide. There will be a parliamentary affairs minister too.

Running the central government is not the same as running a state government where you enjoy absolute majority. Without congress support, many bills will simply not pass, especially in the Rajya Sabha. You can say anything you want about leadership but you still need votes to run the government and you would need states supporting you on other matters. It is not about whether he knows how to deal with the opposition, the fact that the BJP has played anything but a constructive opposition these last 8 years will come back to haunt them. They will not get Congress support & Modi being Modi will have it even more difficult. The parliamentary affairs minister can't do much in that situation. In any case, I think you are misconstruing my point. it isn't whether Modi can govern, it is whether he can do it in the decisive style that his supporters expect. The mandate at the centre will be a different one , thereby guaranteeing that he cannot. Would like to see anyone explain around that simple truth. Modi supporters imagine a dreamland where Modi can do at the centre what he does in Gujarat whereas the reality of the fractured mandate is completely different. His hands will be tied in the same manner as other coalition leaders have their hands tied.

No more humorous that your attempts to hear the 'unsaid'.
So here is two amazing abilities you have ,

1. To hear the "unsaid"
2. To understand "subtle nuances of a statement" which others dont understand.

This looks like more evidence of Paranoia and schizophrenia. Am i debating with a Nut case ? :cheesy:

Here we go again .........more evidence of what Modi "did not say" but you with your special abilities have "heard and understood".

Adding context and meaning through interpretation of a given statement, especially those made by political leaders, is not an "ability" or skill but a daily and rather mundane task performed on a daily basis. To understand, or rather to try and understand, the true intent - we all associate a statement with perceptions, opinions, facts for adding context. We add context to statements made by girlfriends, mothers, bosses, friends, clients, landlords, and of course politicians.

The "unsaid" needn't be, and is certainly not, as outlandish as you have tried to make it out to be. To be naive or callow, prompted by fantasy induced admiration of a slightly above average leader, and to disregard the possibility of layering of messages (leave alone exploring the potential and likely context), casts a shadow over the objectivity and nature of your claims and speaks ill of your ability to welcome multiplicity of opinions.

The refusal to acknowledge even the potential of depth in a statement by a crafty politician, and to insist on and to demand asininity from one and all to take the message at face value - all because it doesn't sit too well with your fanciful narrative - is nothing short of cowardly. And for this alone, many would deem your other claims unworthy of reasonable discussion or debate.

As George Bernard Shaw once cautioned - never wrestle a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

But I will, however, oblige with respect to my take on "hindu supremacists". Firstly, I did not call anyone a "hindu supremacist" but rather had observed how some people border being termed as hindu supremacists. With that out of the way, my definition is quite simple - the emasculated few, who feel empowered by the charade of strong-man politics, which is often confused with a license to loose control over one's ability to exercise control over one's testosterone induced ugly rage fits, which more often than not are directed at minorities - with the minorities ranging from religious minorities to regional to minority by choice of lifestyle or opinion, etc.

Only to believe the opposite variety of propaganda. Just as long as you don't believe in angels & demons.....:lol: Certainly not that one type exists in one party & the other type in a different one. We are dealing with politicians here. Modi, if he wants to be a PM has to rise above a certain type of "gulli/mohalla" politics. He can't be directly berating the PM using unbecoming language, speak about the "girlfriend" of Shashi Tharoor etc... There is a reason why Vajapayee was admired, even by the opposition, because of how he conducted himself. Modi needs to learn that & fast. It may not help him much, considering the vituperative nature of the discourse but he must try. Modi also needs to explain why he is different, the BJP inducts a gun wielding strongman in Gujarat where the nature of the electorate is so behind him that he does not need to, the BJP supports Raja Bhaiya in U.P., a man accused of murdering a police officer (among many others) to get the Thakur vote.... and you believe that this is a party which is different? Not in any good way. They are just more of the same, all of them.

If you wonder whether I'm being too cynical, maybe I am. I have had a bitter experience of supporting and then regretting my support for the BJP in Karnataka. Not much of a believer in fairy tales anymore.:frown:

Wow - that is not fair knowing the position I try to stick to - The agenda what BJP is projecting is development while the Congress and co are sticking to their usual bogeyman - rightwing hindutva. So whether BJP succeeds or not, their agenda is upto my liking and I would not mind them having a chance.

Having stated that as long as BJP and Modi give India the development as promised, I would not mind the Gulli/Mohalla politics.

Btw, today's election results in Karnataka are ominous for the BJP. They came in 3rd. They got 19 of the 28 seats last time in the LS elections.

Not that I have any sympathy for the Congress, but the Karnataka urban local bodies elections does highlight the vulnerability of the BJP. Victory in merely 906 wards as compared to victory in 1960 for the Congress.

This party is absent in south and eastern india - that's 2 out of 4 regions - and yet hopes to power its way into Delhi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom