What's new

My definition of secularism is simple, India first, Narendra Modi tells ove

What I understand from all the conversations in this thread is that minorities for India do not want "India first".

Then wft they want?

Modi met 60 students of Global Mission International School at Vidhan Sabha complex. Any PM/CM ever done this? pic.twitter.com/jeg1M1BJlL

Running the central government is not the same as running a state government where you enjoy absolute majority. Without congress support, many bills will simply not pass, especially in the Rajya Sabha. You can say anything you want about leadership but you still need votes to run the government and you would need states supporting you on other matters. It is not about whether he knows how to deal with the opposition, the fact that the BJP has played anything but a constructive opposition these last 8 years will come back to haunt them. They will not get Congress support & Modi being Modi will have it even more difficult. The parliamentary affairs minister can't do much in that situation. In any case, I think you are misconstruing my point. it isn't whether Modi can govern, it is whether he can do it in the decisive style that his supporters expect. The mandate at the centre will be a different one , thereby guaranteeing that he cannot. Would like to see anyone explain around that simple truth. Modi supporters imagine a dreamland where Modi can do at the centre what he does in Gujarat whereas the reality of the fractured mandate is completely different. His hands: will be tied in the same manner as other coalition leaders have their hands tied.

@Bangalore - the points you mentioned above will be true for any one to come to center so what does that tell us ? We should stick to one brand of leadership and let the country's politics take it's own course.. why is this even an argument against Modi? All what Modi's supporters want is that Modi should be given a fair chance. He may fail or he may succeed that future will tell us we cannot really predict it. More over bringing Modi in center is also going to change Congress politics to be more development friendly purely out of fear
Btw,what have we really gained by bringing Congress again and again to center? Scams, scandals? Why are you so averse to try a new force?

@Bangalore - the points you mentioned above will be true for any one to come to center so what does that tell us ? We should stick to one brand of leadership and let the country's politics take it's own course.. why is this even an argument against Modi? All what Modi's supporters want is that Modi should be given a fair chance. He may fail or he may succeed that future will tell us we cannot really predict it. More over bringing Modi in center is also going to change Congress politics to be more development friendly purely out of fear
Btw,what have we really gained by bringing Congress again and again to center? Scams, scandals? Why are you so avert to try a new force?

Not my point.I'm averse to nothing in particular, was only pointing out that the system & the electoral positions as existing preclude the absolutely same type of leadership displayed by Mr.Modi(and sought after by his supporters) in Gujarat where the nature of the challenge was/is different. Mr. Modi might well manage to master those challenges & show leadership but that will be completely different from what is referred to in gujarat and might not be too dissimilar (in my opinion) to what is presently available which is often criticized by the supporters of Mr.Modi. All I'm saying is that the situation as existing at the centre precludes the kind of leadership sought by Mr. Modi's supporters, my argument is not that he should not be the PM( if elected).

Btw, with reference to a fair chance being given to Mr.Modi, no such thing exists. If Mr.Modi & his party win enough seats, they will get a crack at forming the government, if they fall short, they don't. It is not necessarily about the better leader, it is simply about the management of the electoral arithmetic.

BFKD1aSCMAEmsZ9.jpg:large

MODI = Miracle....

those were fake profiles made by my assistant. i fired him afterwards

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

he wont become PM, wake up he is a butcher and mass murderer
Nt a single proof is identified against gr8 modi so stop accusing what about riots happened before 2002 when congress was therewhat about sikh riots 1984 what about assam what about west bengal development will revive india nt vote bank politics

he wont become PM, wake up he is a butcher and mass murderer
Nt a single proof is identified against gr8 modi so stop accusing what about riots happened before 2002 when congress was therewhat about sikh riots 1984 what about assam what about west bengal development will revive india nt vote bank politics

blah blah blah... just divert the issue to sikh riots. fact is he was an incompetent chief minister who could'nt control communal riots in his state, how do you expect him to lead a country?

Ya thats y he is getting elected again and again and its nt bla bla its fact what about 60 ppl burnt in train godhara

We cant forgt sikh riots brutal face of congresss

Ya thats y he is getting elected again and again and its nt bla bla its fact what about 60 ppl burnt in train godhara

We cant forgt sikh riots brutal face of congresss

he wont get elected and you also know it, doesnt have a pan india identity. only someone like nitish could save NDA, but I am sure congress will return to power.

Back
Top Bottom