What's new

My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan

yi ahi? tian shi? You totally bewilder me.

少昊 was also known as 'Yi Zhi', he was the son of the Yellow Emperor -- during old legendary history. When he assumed the throne, a Phoenix supposedly flew next to him, that is why he was re named as Jin Tian Shi.

Hehehe, i'm a big fan of legendary folklore :)

少昊 was also known as 'Yi Zhi', he was the son of the Yellow Emperor -- during old legendary history. When he assumed the throne, a Phoenix supposedly flew next to him, that is why he was re named as Jin Tian Shi.

Hehehe, i'm a big fan of legendary folklore :)
I see, but Shao Hao as Jin Tian Shi, the latter name seems has nothing to do with Phoenix, literally Golden Sky( shi is also surname)

I see, but Shao Hao as Jin Tian Shi, the latter name seems has nothing to do with Phoenix, literally Golden Sky( shi is also surname)

That's the interesting thing, I wonder how the Jin surname came to be. And i think Jin surname is written as :金

Korean surname "Kim" is also written in hanja as 金.

So perhaps, Kim and Jin members are distant relations??

That's the interesting thing, I wonder how the Jin surname came to be. And i think Jin surname is written as :金

Korean surname "Kim" is also written in hanja as 金.

So perhaps, Kim and Jin members are distant relations??
That's too complicated. Just like Li/Lee in both Korea and China is a top 3 family name, but i don't think they are related for most cases. You can study these surnames' history, it must be interesting

That's too complicated. Just like Li/Lee in both Korea and China is a top 3 family name, but i don't think they are related for most cases. You can study these surnames' history, it must be interesting

Yea, maybe i'm just getting too in depth into it, lol. But its cool to study your surname man. So you trace your lineage back to the Yellow Emperor...

End of the museum.
View attachment 196431

I had almost forgotten my promise before my nephew reminded me. I decided to take him to a Starbucks inside a metro station, Hongshan Square. Cause the floor was quite slippery from rain, I convinced him of taking a trolly bus just in front of the museum rather than walking long to the nearest metro station.
View attachment 196432

Metro stations and hospitals are marked on the schedule of each bus line
View attachment 196430

Our bus came.
View attachment 196444
View attachment 196445

I am sorry to mention, @AndrewJin but the translation should be "The Museum of 1911 Revolution" or "The Revolution of 1911 Museum"? 辛亥革命博物馆。 @Nihonjin1051 @mike2000, you guys are native English speakers, can you give an advice?
%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-02-25-00-07-08-png.196431

Continue about the exhibitions about 1911 Wuchang Uprising, an revolution shook the entire world.

Names of unfair treaties on the wall
View attachment 196406 View attachment 196405 View attachment 196408

Dr. Sun Yat-sen
View attachment 196407 View attachment 196409

A lot of uprisings before Wuchang Uprising( Oct. 10 1911, the national day of ROC) failed. Every time I read about this one-century history, I will cherish my life more.
View attachment 196411

The old Wuchang
View attachment 196413

Asia's first republic was founded.
View attachment 196412

Nihonjin thought your name was Jin Tianshi....
Hahaha, it was a silly joke.

I remember reading about the life of the historical figure named Yi Zhi, he was renamed as Tian Shi in his later rule. That is why people (relatives of his) kept the name Jin as a surname.

I think the variant of Jin is Gam in Canton, and also in Korea Jin is a surname or also pronounced as Kim.

;)

ha ha ha !

Truly a hero of Asia. I have personal admiration for Dr. Sun Yat Sen.....
@Nihonjin1051 @AndrewJin if you guys admire Sun Yat Sen...then welcome to my campus...;)

btw, i'm not a 金.

Back
Top Bottom