What's new

My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan

hahahaha..oooo! Mrs. Sven will be angry... ;)

You've been everywhere, Mike ! :)

Well not everywhere yet(My objective is to be everywhere though before i expire.lol). Well, all i can say is that travelling really opens your mind and makes you see things from a different perspective/have a much wider view of things, and makes one learn how to be more tolerant towards others. Maybe thats why i dont see things in a black and white way and i tend to be more honest in my observations instead of being biased for no good reason or if i dont like a country(just like many members on here do.lol). Once you have mixed with people of different races/culture/ethics/religion etc and spent sometime with them , you come to understand that we are all the same to some extent, since we are all human beings inhabiting planet earth. Reason i dont see things the same way i used to before i started 'opening up' i.e travelling the world. I have made it my goal to visit at least one country every year since i was 21. Though for the last 2 years i havent travelled due to personal/familly reasons i cant say on here.:)

Anyway, i will advice my fellow members on here to try and travel/visit other countries when they can, there is nothing more exciting/interesting than visiting far flung countries/meeting new people etc. So i encourage other members here to travel more often, Its indeed a very nice experience. Seems im addicted to travelling. ahahahahahah. But truth be told staying one place/limiting yourself to your country only is rather VERY BORING to be honest, cant understand how someone can stay their entire life in their country without ever venturing abroad for holidays/tourism/viisit etc. It makes you have a very narrow view of life/things IMO

Well not everywhere yet(My objective is to be everywhere though before i expire.lol). Well, all i can say is that travelling really opens your mind and makes you see things from a different perspective/have a much wider view of things, and makes one learn how to be more tolerant towards others. Maybe thats why i dont see things in a black and white way and i tend to be more honest in my observations instead of being biased for no good reason or if i dont like a country(just like many members on here do.lol). Once you have mixed with people of different races/culture/ethics/religion etc and spent sometime with them , you come to understand that we are all the same to some extent, since we are all human beings inhabiting planet earth. Reason i dont see things the same way i used to before i started 'opening up' i.e travelling the world. I have made it my goal to visit at least one country every year since i was 21. Though for the last 2 years i havent travelled due to personal/familly reasons i cant say on here.:)

Anyway, i will advice my fellow members on here to try and travel/visit other countries when they can, there is nothing more exciting/interesting than visiting far flung countries/meeting new people etc. So i encourage other members here to travel more often, Its indeed a very nice experience. Seems im addicted to travelling. ahahahahahah. But truth be told staying one place/limiting yourself to your country only is rather VERY BORING to be honest, cant understand how someone can stay their entire life in their country without ever venturing abroad for holidays/tourism/viisit etc. It makes you have a very narrow view of life/things IMO
Totally envy u Mike! I have't been to many countries, just some Southeast Asia countries and a couple of western. As to prevent myself from being too envious, from now on I will reckon every Chinese province as a country if I travel to one.LOL.

Last edited:

For Muslim, it is not that difficult though to have opportunity to talk and try to have personal contact with so many people from various countries and ethnics in one time and place. The place is Makkah/ Madinah at Saudi. Yeah, thanks to the spread of English language. Not every body has good English though but at least we can have small talk to each other.

Actually I had a plan before to take some kind of exchange program to Australia to meet and discuss some thing important like politics etc with them, but since I found this site, and see many people from all over the world has similar interest with me and also see so many intellectual discussion happening here, it makes me forget that previous idea to join the program. Exchanging ideas and talk with the right people from all over the world is actually my desire since long time ago.

By the way, where did you stay during your visit in Indonesia...?

Last edited:
For Muslim, it is not that difficult though to have opportunity to talk and try to have personal contact with so many people from various countries and ethnics in one time and place. The place is Makkah/ Madinah at Saudi. Yeah, thanks to the spread of English language. Not every body has good English though but at least we can have small talk to each other.

Actually I had a plan before to take some kind of exchange program to Australia to meet and discuss some thing important like politics etc with them, but since I found this site, and see many people from all over the world has similar interest with me and also see so many intellectual discussion happening here, it makes me forget that previous idea to join the program. Exchanging ideas and talk with the right people from all over the world is actually my desire since long time ago.

Going to Australia for some short-term exchange is not a bad idea. Most Aussies are very open-minded to races and religions.

Going to Australia for some short-term exchange is not a bad idea. Most Aussies are very open-minded to races and religions.

Actually I just want to see the right people there (geopolitical interest people), not every one though who can talk much about that, so I dont really have any desire to meet common people there since in here (Jakarta) we also can meet many foreigner as well. Thats why PDF is the best platform for me so far. Very difficult to meet Japanese who has knowledge like Nihonjin or American who has a knowledge like Leveragebuyout for example if we dont have access to that circle. Many clever Chinese that I can see also here. It is a right circle for me. I am kind of serious person though :D

Actually I just want to see the right people there (geopolitical interest people), not every one though who can talk much about that, so I dont really have any desire to meet common people there since in here (Jakarta) we also can meet many foreigner as well. Thats why PDF is the best platform for me so far. Very difficult to meet Japanese who has knowledge like Nihonjin or American who has a knowledge like Leveragebuyout for example if we dont have access to that circle. Many clever Chinese that I can see also here. It is a right circle for me. I am kind of serious person though :D
Agree. I've just joined PDF for a couple of days, like the discussions here. Nihonjin is the most knowledgeable Japanese I've ever known of. @Nihonjin1051

Last edited:
This is my initial thread in this forum I've just known of.

These photos were captured when I took a D-class(200km/h) semi-HSR from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Hankou Railway Station which is located in Wuhan. It was in January this year with some unexpected snowy weather.

Let me first introduce this route. From Shanghai to Wuhan about 800-840km, it depends on which station in Wuhan( Wuhan has three major railway terminals, Hankou, Wuchang and Wuhan). Now 23 D-trains(200km/h) and 8 G-trains(300km/h) are at service per day. The train will be first flying on Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity Line or Shanghai-Beijing HSR Line between Shanghai and Nanjing, then after reaching Nanjing South Railway Station, it will be on Nanjing-Wuhan semi-HSR Line. The whole journey takes around 5.5 hours for D trains and costs 265RMB for the second class( G train about 4-5 hours and 301RMB for the second class, only slightly more pricy because only the first Shanghai-Nanjing full HSR part is charged differently).

OK, let the photos speak for this journey. All captured by my mobile photos so please don’t judge the low quality.:-)
p.s. some photos were taken by my friends, I will let you know in that case.
p.p.s. more about Wuhan attached

My route is illustrated in the CRH Network
View attachment 195560

A larger map, Shanghai-Nanjing-Wuhan
View attachment 195558

Waiting space of Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station, captured at the second floor where restaurants and cafès are located
View attachment 195561

One of the 32 platforms of Shanghai Hongqiao Sta.
View attachment 195568

The interior of my train D3090, Second Class
View attachment 195578

First class
View attachment 195577

Hefei Railway Station, tracks covered by snow
View attachment 195582

Hefei Railway Station, the capital of Anhui Province. The biggest one after Nanjing South
On the right is my D train, on the left is a G train(300km/h) bound for Beijing
View attachment 195581
Some beautiful photos about CRH trip,well done,Anderwjin!

Welcome to my city (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
Wuhan's new district is beautiful,though Hankou is richer than Wuchang,Wuchang is more beautiful than Hankou.(my thinking)

2nd pic is rice essence in the bowl, isn't it ?
1st pic isn't good looking, but I guess it tastes good ?
As a Wuhaner(I think you can understand),I can tell you responsibly that many food in Wuhan look ordinary but taste good :azn:.
Hot dry noodle tastes well indeed,and Wuhan has a famous snack street whose name is Hubuxiang(户部巷),this street has at least 400 years' history(it is recorded in the Ming Dynasty)

Welcome to my city (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
Wuhan's new district is beautiful,though Hankou is richer than Wuchang,Wuchang is more beautiful than Hankou.(my thinking)
Hey, Bamboo, are u trying to ignite some topics like Hankou and Wuchang which is better?
I'll say Hankou is much much more charming than Wuchang. Let's rebuild an independent municipality called Hankou City as in history.
just joking
:-)

I visited Bali, Jakarta(obviously), Lombok(nice beaches surfed, and scuba diving), Surabaya,Yogyakarta, ubud, and Bandung. Had a really nice/amazing time there to be honest.:) Beautiful country you got. :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom