What's new

My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan

@AndrewJin ,

In the future, I want to visit this place, it is in Wuhan:

It is called Yellow Crane Temple, yes?

View attachment 198670
Do u know how to send sms between members?
BTW, pls give me some links to Japanese sites u've mentioned.

Yes, the rebuilt version of 1980s.:(
Western Hubei is wild!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yichang−Wanzhou_Railway
The railway was first proposed by Sun Yat-sen in 1903, but construction was not started until 2003 due to the difficulties of the project.According to the chief engineer, Zhang Mei, the line was the most difficult ever constructed in China.

The scenery of western Hubei is top-notch
Enshi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shennongjia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today is Yuanxiao Festival (Lantern Festival),the fifteenth day of January in lunar calendar, the official ending of the whole spring festival celebration. From this day on, a new year officially commences. May you have an auspicious year!
@yusheng @Nihonjin1051 @birdy @hexagonsnow @Yizhi @powastick @ahojunk @xudeen @mike2000 @TaiShang @Pomegranate @LeveragedBuyout @Shotgunner51 @Bussard Ramjet @Edison Chen and all members here no matter how differently we think!:p:
Lantern Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is too cold outside in Wuhan that I'd rather stay at home and make rice balls by myself.
It is a tradition to eat glutinous rice balls named after this festival, Yuanxiao/Tangyuan(元宵/汤圆)
Yuanxiao made by Andrew:-)
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.46.24.png

How about today's lunch? Fried rice with egg and
veggie, cooked by Andrew
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.43.52.png

Last edited:
Today is Yuanxiao Festival (Lantern Festival),the fifteenth day of January in lunar calendar, the official ending of the whole spring festival celebration. From this day on, a new year officially commences. May you have an auspicious year!
@yusheng @Nihonjin1051 @birdy @hexagonsnow @Yizhi @powastick @ahojunk @xudeen @mike2000 @TaiShang @Pomegranate @LeveragedBuyout @Shotgunner51 @Bussard Ramjet @Edison Chen and all members here no mattar how differently we think!:p:

It is too cold outside in Wuhan that I'd rather stay at home and make rice balls by myself.
It is a tradition to eat glutinous rice balls named after this festival, Yuanxiao/Tangyuan(元宵/汤圆)
View attachment 199370

veggie
View attachment 199371

Its indeed a great festival my friend and i like it, we will celebrate this festival with you on this forum :china: can you give me the recipe of those rice balls and how does it taste like :-)

@yusheng @Nihonjin1051 @birdy @hexagonsnow @Yizhi @powastick @ahojunk @xudeen @mike2000 @TaiShang @Pomegranate @LeveragedBuyout @Shotgunner51 @Bussard Ramjet @Edison Chen and all members here no mattar how differently we think!:p:

View attachment 199370

veggie
View attachment 199371
no 汤圆 for me today...:(

Its indeed a great festival my friend and i like it, we will celebrate this festival with you on this forum :china: can you give me the recipe of those rice balls and how does it taste like :-)
Tangyuan (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't think it's easy to find these rice ingredients, mostly in a Chinatown.
And these sweet sticky glutinous balls(You can describe this texture in Chinese by an English letter, Q) are served as breakfast or desserts.
Some similar smaller one can be added in sweets like,
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 15.19.51.png

no 汤圆 for me today...:(
Why not go to a Guangdong-style dessert shop?

three activities:
enjoy Tangyuan: i have to say, i am in NIngbo, NIngbo Tangyuan is famous in China, hehe,

2.jpg

then, enjoy night Lantern party:
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

and third, appriciate full moon.
2231_1312791913Igo7.jpg

as astronomical observatory reports, tnight, Moon is not the brightest, the time of the Moon's fullest is at 2:05, the 6th, March, 2015.

Last edited:
three activities:
enjoy Tangyuan: i have to say, i am in NIngbo, NIngbo Tangyuan is famous in China, hehe,

View attachment 199391

then, enjoy night Lantern party:
View attachment 199392 View attachment 199393 View attachment 199394 View attachment 199395 View attachment 199396

and third, appriciate full moon.
View attachment 199390

as astronomical observatory reports, tnight, Moon is not the brightest, the time of the Moon's fullest is at 2:05, the 6th, Feb, 2015.
Yep! Ningbo's is the best, without doubt!:china:

@yusheng @Nihonjin1051 @birdy @hexagonsnow @Yizhi @powastick @ahojunk @xudeen @mike2000 @TaiShang @Pomegranate @LeveragedBuyout @Shotgunner51 @Bussard Ramjet @Edison Chen and all members here no matter how differently we think!:p:

View attachment 199370

veggie, cooked by Andrew
View attachment 199371
You can still get Tangyuan during certain period in Malaysia but it is unfilled.

View attachment 199370

veggie, cooked by Andrew
View attachment 199371

Are you in Wuhan now? Go MUSE club they have 元宵 party!

2014220503545831_s.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom