What's new

My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan

Thanks Shotgunner 51 for your advice. But I am not a party guy and I like tranquility:-)

Well then go party first, find someone, then enjoy tranquility together ... :-)

After all, the Lantern Festival is also a Chinese Valentines' day ...

u=21783452,3309458867&fm=21&gp=0.jpg

Its indeed a great festival my friend and i like it, we will celebrate this festival with you on this forum :china: can you give me the recipe of those rice balls and how does it taste like :-)

My city, ningbo, we make Tangyuan,
First, add proper water into glutinous rice flour till you can sculpture it; then, crash and mixed lad, sugar, Sesame, Osmanthus and make the mixed samll balls as stuffing; last, put the stuffling small balls into wet flour, seal it come out a flour balls but with small stuffling balls in it.

easy to cooking, just pure wate, put a flours ball into water when wate is boiling, don't put them into cool water that flour ball will solve before it cooked . when the flour balls floating it done.
3.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 199404
Not Qixi festival? Or all these two are?

View attachment 199404
I'd rather say enjoy tranquility after some fierce intranquillity:smitten:

Today is Yuanxiao Festival (Lantern Festival),the fifteenth day of January in lunar calendar, the official ending of the whole spring festival celebration. From this day on, a new year officially commences. May you have an auspicious year!
@yusheng @Nihonjin1051 @birdy @hexagonsnow @Yizhi @powastick @ahojunk @xudeen @mike2000 @TaiShang @Pomegranate @LeveragedBuyout @Shotgunner51 @Bussard Ramjet @Edison Chen and all members here no matter how differently we think!:p:
Lantern Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is too cold outside in Wuhan that I'd rather stay at home and make rice balls by myself.
It is a tradition to eat glutinous rice balls named after this festival, Yuanxiao/Tangyuan(元宵/汤圆)
Yuanxiao made by Andrew:-)
View attachment 199370

How about today's lunch? Fried rice with egg and
veggie, cooked by Andrew
View attachment 199371

Andrew now you are talking. Im really hungry now.::(

on topic!
1279290624.14_1.jpg

I wont lie, Chinese food is still the best for me. I always take my son to Chinese restaurant when i have time. Food there is so good. Thai food is good as well.:)

Welcome aboard our QQ chatting space on serious topics. Sadly, you have missed a very interesting discussion on fundamentalism, but we did have a record!

Byw, is it Honeymoon Desserts?

it's 糖不甩, a Cantonese desert.
i think it's basically Tangyuan without soup, plus some nuts &sugar coating....

I wont lie, Chinese food is still the best for me. I always take my son to Chinese restaurant when i have time. Food there is so good. Thai food is good as well.:)
humm.... the authentic ones or localized ones?

( i soooo want to do jokes on British food now....:partay: )

it's 糖不甩, a Cantonese desert.
i think it's basically Tangyuan without soup, plus some nuts &sugar coating....

humm.... the authentic ones or localized ones?

( i soooo want to do jokes on British food now....:partay: )
I tired it in Honeymoon Dessert, 20RMB:cry:
with peanut, isn't it?

Andrew now you are talking. Im really hungry now.::(

I like fish&chips, some very good one like Cicerella's in Perth, WA. My homestay family(from UK) told me fish&chips in Australia was better than in UK, isn't it?;) Although they still speak an excellent BBC English. I tried some Chinese restaurants in Perth. Food was good, don't get me wrong, but not so Chinese, more like a mixture of Chinese and Southeast Asian. Maybe it was because Perth lacks some sorts of Chinatown.

yes....Honeymoon Dessert....i seldom go there...
Crazily pricy, not worth it. 30RMB per person for desserts....I'd rather choose Starbucks, at least it provides larger space and Wifi.(they call seats in Honeymoon seats:frown:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom