What's new

My Adventures Across China

30 C whole year here. Prepare to take the heat. That is the reason everyone uses car here. Using public transportation means you walk. By the point you reach the point you wanna go, you'll be drench in sweat.
i just dig out my summer shorts today...
Yes!! I guess we're both true blooded Northeast Asians! ;) ;)

PS. I love winter time, i can swim in winter water, hahaha!

Anyways, if you have time in the future, bro, you have to visit Hokkaido, during spring time, our fields blossom with lavender. Literally, it smells so beautiful!!

Spring-Flowers-on-Hillside-Hokkaido-Japan-3-e1386145803995.jpg
:cheers:. Hokkaido on my list now.
winter swimming.... :o: you are not thinking about that 裸祭, are you?! @SvenSvensonov

we call it Zha-huang for Sapporo. Once you read them in Japanese it's totally Greek to me.LOL
Tokyo-Dongjing(eastern capital_

Hehehe! Yea, Sapporo (Zha Huang) is not a large city, its considered a small city. I personally love the country side , am fond of living in small towns or village than large city. I am a nature guy, and i always want to be close to nature, lakes, forests. LOL.

I'd go crazy if i lived in a large city for too long.

30 C whole year here. Prepare to take the heat. That is the reason everyone uses car here. Using public transportation means you walk. By the point you reach the point you wanna go, you'll be drench in sweat.
OMG. Do you ever see snow?
it's freaking hot in summer in Wuhan too. Wuhan is one of China's 3 major STOVES along with Nanjing and Chongqing. Very humid by the river in summer, 100% humidity. The same hot at night.:cry:

OMG. Do you ever see snow?
it's freaking hot in summer in Wuhan too. Wuhan is one of China's 3 major STOVES along with Nanjing and Chongqing. Very humid by the river in summer, 100% humidity. The same hot at night.:cry:
Coldest I got was in Cameron Highland below 20C on a rainy day. Did I see real snow in my life? No. Between Hot and Cold. Which is better?

Coldest I got was in Cameron Highland below 20C on a rainy day. Did I see real snow in my life? No. Between Hot and Cold. Which is better?
Cold for me. Running with kids and dogs, Make snowman!! Throw snowballs!!!
So fluffy to walk on snowy grassland. LOL

You should definitely panda them. LOL

Of all my journeys of 2014, this one is what I'd like to share with you most.
@Nihonjin1051 @Yizhi @birdy @powastick @cirr @Place Of Space @xudeen @yusheng @Keel @mike2000 @ChineseTiger1986 @LeveragedBuyout @Zeng Ge @TaiShang @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @SvenSvensonov @ahojunk @Indos @Yahoooooo! @xuxu1457 @Jlaw @Fattyacids @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @Shotgunner51 @Martian2 @SHAMK9 @sicsheep @Stranagor @cnleio @BoQ77 @Umair Nawaz @JSCh @Jguo @Economic superpower @Bussard Ramjet etc.etc.etc.

I've sent my words and photos to an Indian who is currently working in China.He beautified my words and posted these travelogues in his blog.
Sulekha.com Member Profile page

I've been to northwestern Yunnan Province for 3 times. I'll post mainly on 2014 Yunnan trip and mix it with my previous two.
View attachment 197664

I did't spend a night in Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province this time. After fly from Shanghai, I took a shuttle bus to kunming Railway Station where I transferred to a slow day train directly to Lijiang, a UNESCO site.

Kunming Railway Station
My train K9612 took about 8 hours for this mountainous single-track route, approximately 520km(hard seat 49RMB, hard bed 107RMB, soft bed 167RMB). Kunming is expected to link HSR system in the coming 2years, a Kunming-Shanghai HSR line.
View attachment 197666

These were Kunming in my 2010 trip.
Last time there I found not Metro system, but when I reached Kunming Airport and found out there is a 3-line system and more under construction.

Kunming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View attachment 197667

I captured this photo when the train rode on the eastern bank of Erhai Lake(ear sea), Dali City.

Erhai Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View attachment 197665

Before posting my Jade Dragon Snowy Mountain experiences in Lijiang, I'd like to post some of my last Dali tours in 2010 and 2013.
View attachment 197671

Dali Railway Station
View attachment 197672

Old town of Dali
Dali City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View attachment 197673

A church in Dali. @Nihonjin1051
View attachment 197674

ahahahah..........thanks for tagging me bro. Funny thing is, i know about this Indian engineer brother sailor.:) Heard about him several times when i was in China. He seems to be quite popular among Chinese bloggers. Well this is one VERY RARE example of India/China positive people to people interaction. He seems to have made lots of people in his country know about China in a better image(which isnt easy giving the border dispute/hostility).
Anyway, i think you are one of the few good/humble members on here. Keep up with your good work my man. I enjoy all your posts so far(cant say the same for many members on here).:) :cheers:

Hehehe! Yea, Sapporo (Zha Huang) is not a large city, its considered a small city. I personally love the country side , am fond of living in small towns or village than large city. I am a nature guy, and i always want to be close to nature, lakes, forests. LOL.

I'd go crazy if i lived in a large city for too long.
the same for me.
As i wrote in this blog, i am either in Lijiang or en route to Lijiang.
Sulekha.com Member Profile page

ahahahah..........thanks for tagging me bro. Funny thing is, i know about this Indian engineer brother sailor.:) Heard about him several times when i was in China. He seems to be quite popular among Chinese bloggers. Well this is one VERY RARE example of India/China positive people to people interaction. He seems to have made lots of people in his country know about China in a better image(which isnt easy giving the border dispute/hostility).
Anyway, i think you are one of the few good/humble members on here. Keep up with your good work my man. I enjoy all your posts so far(cant say the same for many members on here).:) :cheers:
Thanks Mikey. Actually we had a grand gathering in Xiamen(Amoy) half a month ago during spring festival. We have a QQ chatting group, peaceful atmosphere. And my neighbour rent their apartment to a group of Indians who study medicine in Wuhan, we are OK with each other so far:-)

I'm more of a historical guy and engineering. Tempted to go mausoleum of Shi Huang Di and Forbidden palace. But I heard is too crowded? I might visit the Three Gorges Dam and the Qinghai - Tibet Railway.

I'm more of a historical guy and engineering. Tempted to go mausoleum of Shi Huang Di and Forbidden palace. But I heard is too crowded? I might visit the Three Gorges Dam and the Qinghai - Tibet Railway.
Some tips for you, avoid public holidays then you'll be fine.
I'll post some three gorge and Qinghai-Tibet Railway stuff in this thread.

Nov., 2014
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 00.42.52.png

Qinghai-Tibet Railway.(very hard to get any ticket)
will post full version later

屏幕快照 2015-03-01 00.46.25.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-01 00.45.37.png

Blue Moon Valley, National Park of Jade Dragon Snowy Mountain
Shuttle buses were really crowed. Cannot imagine how crowed it would be during peak seasons like summer vocation and national day.

屏幕快照 2015-03-01 01.00.26.png

Prefer to walk rather than by a minibus. Walking at an altitude of 3500 metre was easy, trees everywhere to provide sufficient oxygen.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 01.02.06.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 01.02.28.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 01.01.25.png

Sorry, I like to Panda people. LOL
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 01.04.19.png

Oh that is going to be wonderful to see. They swim during spring time? or summer time?
Both. A special competition in winter.

These are really imposing. Where is this city?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom