What's new

My Adventures Across China

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-02-28-17-45-50-png.197666

This is Kunming eh? The Capital of Yunnan, right? Man, it has really modernized....Super!

This is just absolutely breathtaking, my friend. The design, the architecture, the color of traditional Chinese design yet coalesces with Christianity. This is the very example , the very manifestation of Chinese fluidity and adaptability. @Yizhi , we mentioned this in our last talk . Man, i want to visit this place in the future.

Also, thank you for posting pictures of the city of Dali. I've heard so much of Dali, but have never been here before. Will definitely have to do what you have done. In hte future i would like to do an HSR trip from Guangzhou all the way to Heilongjiang. Maybe stop by Ningbo for some traditional noodles and shopping. ;) ;)

Thank You, again for these pictures.
Arigadou Gozaimasu!!!!!

I do hope and pray, my friend, that the Central Urban Planning Bureau takes notice of these pictures and does so to send funds to preserve these local icons, these are the very thesis of cultural artifacts that defines the character and nature of this region, this province. I can only imagine how old these buildings are, perhaps centuries, if not thousands of years old as there are temples such as these in Japan that are 8 centuries old , some even over a millenia. They are literally the window for us to peek into the history of our forebears.

Seeing these pictures, it is a reminder for me and many others who Love the Chinese History and Chinese Culture --- how ancient this land really is.

Thank You again.
it was no easy to go there. I took a 3-hour flight to Kunming(i cannot afford a direct flight to Dali/Lijiang/shangri-la) and a train. then a bus and a minivan to that Shanxi Town. But all worth it when i saw how tranquil and dreamy the town was.

This is Kunming eh? The Capital of Yunnan, right? Man, it has really modernized....Super!
I'm sorry to tell u, my friend, Kunming has 6 million people and a bigger airport than Wuhan's:p:

that's my hometown, bro. welcome to visit someday.
better come in summer, winter snow would close the mountains from roughly October to May, and you Southerners (Hubei is south, right?) could be turned into human Popsicles.:)

this one, magnificent.
Really? But people from the north can never bear the winter in Wuhan, no public healing system. It's freezing cold inside, the same as outside. I never use A/C in winter, cause my head will explode

The design looks similar to the Geongbok Palace in Korea!

gyeongbokgung-palace-in-sunset-light.jpg

gyeongbokgung.jpg

Man, Impressive!
I post this church cause it is a church. That's for you to pray.:-)

Really? But people from the north can never bear the winter in Wuhan, no public healing system. It's freezing cold inside, the same as outside. I never use A/C in winter, cause my head will explode

I post this church cause it is a church. That's for you to pray.:-)

You know i come from northern part of Japan, a city called Sapporo in Hokkaido prefecture. It gets cold as low as -23 Celsius especially with wind chills. Oh it is unbelievably cold. But there is a old saying in Hokkaido, during winter time, sake and a woman's body is the best treatment for winter cold !!

Hahahaha! ;) ;)

You know i come from northern part of Japan, a city called Sapporo in Hokkaido prefecture. It gets cold as low as -23 Celsius especially with wind chills. Oh it is unbelievably cold. But there is a old saying in Hokkaido, during winter time, sake and a woman's body is the best treatment for winter cold !!

Hahahaha! ;) ;)
札幌?

This is just absolutely breathtaking, my friend. The design, the architecture, the color of traditional Chinese design yet coalesces with Christianity. This is the very example , the very manifestation of Chinese fluidity and adaptability. @Yizhi , we mentioned this in our last talk . Man, i want to visit this place in the future.

Also, thank you for posting pictures of the city of Dali. I've heard so much of Dali, but have never been here before. Will definitely have to do what you have done. In hte future i would like to do an HSR trip from Guangzhou all the way to Heilongjiang. Maybe stop by Ningbo for some traditional noodles and shopping. ;) ;)
from Guangzhou to Heilongjiang? nice.:)
well i'm used to both south and north winter,lol.
24 degrees outside here today....:devil:

Hahahaha! ;) ;)
you are practically on the same latitude as my Jilin!

Someday, you need to visit Japan, bro!

If you love nature and love hiking, definitely i recommend you visit my city , Sapporo !

We have a lot of beautiful mountains for hiking, and rolling plains ....

Here is a picture of a drive towards Shiretoko National Park, it is in Hokkaido.

6858_01.jpg

011-boardwalk-near-five-lakes.jpg

---------

This is in Daisetsuzan , Hokkaido....

6775_01.jpg

Daisetsu-zan-National-Park.jpg

daisetsuzan-northMove.jpg.jpg

national_parks_1.jpg

6776_11.jpg

0702-SounkyoGorge.jpg

you are practically on the same latitude as my Jilin!

Yes!! I guess we're both true blooded Northeast Asians! ;) ;)

PS. I love winter time, i can swim in winter water, hahaha!

Anyways, if you have time in the future, bro, you have to visit Hokkaido, during spring time, our fields blossom with lavender. Literally, it smells so beautiful!!

Spring-Flowers-on-Hillside-Hokkaido-Japan-3-e1386145803995.jpg

景福宫?

Yes!

Yes!! I guess we're both true blooded Northeast Asians! ;) ;)

PS. I love winter time, i can swim in winter water, hahaha!

Anyways, if you have time in the future, bro, you have to visit Hokkaido, during spring time, our fields blossom with lavender. Literally, it smells so beautiful!!

Spring-Flowers-on-Hillside-Hokkaido-Japan-3-e1386145803995.jpg

Yes!
Some people will attend a competition in Wuhan, swim across Yangtze in winter.
Amazing places, nearly unreal!

sapporo_hokkaido_japan.jpg

during spring

caption.jpg

during autumn

tube_slide.jpg

during winter lol!
we call it Zha-huang for Sapporo. Once you read them in Japanese it's totally Greek to me.LOL
Tokyo-Dongjing(eastern capital_

Some people will attend a competition in Wuhan, swim across Yangtze in winter.
Amazing places, nearly unreal!

Oh that is going to be wonderful to see. They swim during spring time? or summer time?

Someday, you need to visit Japan, bro!

If you love nature and love hiking, definitely i recommend you visit my city , Sapporo !

We have a lot of beautiful mountains for hiking, and rolling plains ....

Here is a picture of a drive towards Shiretoko National Park, it is in Hokkaido.

6858_01.jpg

011-boardwalk-near-five-lakes.jpg

---------

This is in Daisetsuzan , Hokkaido....

6775_01.jpg

Daisetsu-zan-National-Park.jpg

daisetsuzan-northMove.jpg.jpg

national_parks_1.jpg

6776_11.jpg

0702-SounkyoGorge.jpg

Looks very similar to Park City!!!

219_1wildflowersattimp.jpg