What's new

Muzaffargarh Ranges: Kayani witnesses jamming of tanks

''The Pakistan armed forces successfully experimented with the technique of jamming movement of tanks and using laser technology in modern warfare. ‘Enemy’ tanks were tracked and jammed through centrally controlled laser technology via wireless supervision and monitoring.''

Say What?!!?? Never in my experience or knowledge of modern warfare have I ever come across any 'laser' technology that can 'jam' a TANKS movement! Our tanks do not even have any Laser Threat Sensors on them to alarm the crew if they are being lazed in a battle field. Majority of the Indian tanks are equipped with a DRDO manufactured LTS. So again, I am scratching my head here on how on the earth would a laser be capable of jamming a tank????!!! :help:

''The Pakistan armed forces successfully experimented with the technique of jamming movement of tanks and using laser technology in modern warfare. ‘Enemy’ tanks were tracked and jammed through centrally controlled laser technology via wireless supervision and monitoring.''

Say What?!!?? Never in my experience or knowledge of modern warfare have I ever come across any 'laser' technology that can 'jam' a TANKS movement! Our tanks do not even have any Laser Threat Sensors on them to alarm the crew if they are being lazed in a battle field. Majority of the Indian tanks are equipped with a DRDO manufactured LTS. So again, I am scratching my head here on how on the earth would a laser be capable of jamming a tank????!!! :help:
one time i read about a green blinding laser that was pointed on enemy tank optical sensors also recent news frm HIT was about a Lazwe warning system placed only on AK model. also there is another system which uses lazer targeting and a UAV jamms all signals emmitted from the vehical targitted.....can be somthing els too but i know abt these systems.

Oscar is definitely onto something :)

His hints says a bit about the technology. What puzzles me is the term "Centrally controlled Laser technology", i mean, we all have heard and seen about Shtoras and Vartas and Trophy, all are mounted on a single MBT or AFV, giving the lone vehicle a good level of protection against laser and IR threats but this seems something new. Never heard about such technology before. It may be hype but the way it is partially hinted, it could well be a distributed/ shared system.

euphemism for an automated laser jamming system..
basically a Shtora type system with IR jamming/suppression.
The tanks also include an improved version of the IBMS(integrated Battle management system)..along with a sophisticated communications suite as part of the Army's C4I upgrade.
Although these upgrades are not fleet wide yet.

Nothing of that sort.. just incorrect language.
it suppresses the targeting ability of enemy tanks..
UAV's may be the NESCOM dev variety ..although another source says it was the Luna?? :confused:

Oscar is definitely onto something :)

His hints says a bit about the technology. What puzzles me is the term "Centrally controlled Laser technology", i mean, we all have heard and seen about Shtoras and Vartas and Trophy, all are mounted on a single MBT or AFV, giving the lone vehicle a good level of protection against laser and IR threats but this seems something new. Never heard about such technology before. It may be hype but the way it is partially hinted, it could well be a distributed/ shared system.
I guess this technology has been acquired recently from Ukraine.......:smokin:

cant understand the jamming technology is effected on electronics and the high tech electrical machinery but how it can put effect on the engine is making some high complications in mind... but we can not say any technology is imposable in this era of science..
Must sere if any one in touch with this field...

cant understand the jamming technology is effected on electronics and the high tech electrical machinery but how it can put effect on the engine is making some high complications in mind... but we can not say any technology is imposable in this era of science..
Must sere if any one in touch with this field...
thats EMP and i dont think it very hi tech heck police choppers in us use ths tech to stop car engins but its not laser as per news report.

Exactly, that's what i was wondering about.

dq15xw.jpg

:tongue:

You do that..

Not me! :tongue:

Al-Khalids are equiped with Laser Threat Detector. If they're ever painted with laser, the crew will get informed in time

thats EMP and i dont think it very hi tech heck police choppers in us use ths tech to stop car engins but its not laser as per news report.

What state do you live in bro? You guys got some high end police choppers. Usually the choppers only have some electronics. They don't have the room for a power plant to build EMP. Plus, its VERY expensive tech to do that.

What state do you live in bro? You guys got some high end police choppers. Usually the choppers only have some electronics. They don't have the room for a power plant to build EMP. Plus, its VERY expensive tech to do that.
i am sorry i dont live in us but some time back i saw a discovery documentry about modren police weaponery if i find the link ill send it there was a uh 60 with an emp cannon ..and they said it may not have the power to take out larger circuts but it can take out a car circutery from a certain distance so the tech may not be avalable but it exists

Al-Khalids are equiped with Laser Threat Detector. If they're ever painted with laser, the crew will get informed in time

Nope! Al-Khalids (or any other tanks) are NOT equipped with any LTS! A locally made (ATCOP) LTS was tested by the Army a few years back but it failed all of its intended trials and the program was eventually scrubbed by ATCOP due to cost over run. The present DGAC is a prime 'goof' who thinks that an LTS detector installed outside the tank is liable to damage hence should not be installed.

So unless something has happened in the last week or so! Pakistan Army Armoured Corps is currently WITHOUT any LTS on its prime movers.

Nope! Al-Khalids (or any other tanks) are NOT equipped with any LTS! A locally made (ATCOP) LTS was tested by the Army a few years back but it failed all of its intended trials and the program was eventually scrubbed by ATCOP due to cost over run. The present DGAC is a prime 'goof' who thinks that an LTS detector installed outside the tank is liable to damage hence should not be installed.

So unless something has happened in the last week or so! Pakistan Army Armoured Corps is currently WITHOUT any LTS on its prime movers.

Well we have to develop such capabilities soon. Because modern warfare will be based on laser usage too.

Back
Top Bottom