What's new

Muzaffargarh Ranges: Kayani witnesses jamming of tanks

it will takes a decade, at least and that is if they really want to do so, to get rid of the misfits and incompetents appointed and promoted by musharraff (@xyon re: DGAC)...

Nope! Al-Khalids (or any other tanks) are NOT equipped with any LTS! A locally made (ATCOP) LTS was tested by the Army a few years back but it failed all of its intended trials and the program was eventually scrubbed by ATCOP due to cost over run. The present DGAC is a prime 'goof' who thinks that an LTS detector installed outside the tank is liable to damage hence should not be installed.

So unless something has happened in the last week or so! Pakistan Army Armoured Corps is currently WITHOUT any LTS on its prime movers.

Who is the DGAC??

thats EMP and i dont think it very hi tech heck police choppers in us use ths tech to stop car engins but its not laser as per news report.

I think this technology have capability to jamming the target system of the enemies tanks but near to my understanding this is only put effect on the electronic and Computerized system not the mechanical system coz it is not under controlled..?

The present DGAC is a prime 'goof' who thinks that an LTS detector installed outside the tank is liable to damage hence should not be installed.

Lets see the possibilities..
1. He was bypassed and the decision to do this taken at the top...which means he is probably ticked off.
2. Some vested interests convinced him and provided him with yet another retirement fund.
3. He actually got some sense knocked into him

I think this technology have capability to jamming the target system of the enemies tanks but near to my understanding this is only put effect on the electronic and Computerized system not the mechanical system coz it is not under controlled..?
yes it does but the fact is this tech if way out of PA's reach so i dont know what the news about jamming ment in the most perfect senario mabe laser blinding and communication jamming may occur.

Lets see the possibilities..
1. He was bypassed and the decision to do this taken at the top...which means he is probably ticked off.
2. Some vested interests convinced him and provided him with yet another retirement fund.
3. He actually got some sense knocked into him

Like I have said before; Armoured Corps Directorate in GHQ has made absolutely no decision at this stage to purchase and/ or induct ANY (local or foreign) Laser Warning Receiver or Sensor onto ANY type of the Pakistan Army tanks.... KHALAAS!!! This is in spite of the fact that Armoured Corps had been offered Laser Warning Systems from 2-3 countries.

Like I have said before; Armoured Corps Directorate in GHQ has made absolutely no decision at this stage to purchase and/ or induct ANY (local or foreign) Laser Warning Receiver or Sensor onto ANY type of the Pakistan Army tanks.... KHALAAS!!! This is in spite of the fact that Armoured Corps had been offered Laser Warning Systems from 2-3 countries.

Tenders were made, or did the countries come forward themselves?

lack of funds is the reason? Lack of need?

I wouldn't be that frustrated.. they did not provide correct equipment or funding for IBMS.. and then sent the most bureaucratic, bumbling idiot to supervise the project.. and then declared something half baked operational..
which took another long time to debug.

Tenders were made, or did the countries come forward themselves?

lack of funds is the reason? Lack of need?

LTS were offered by foreign companies realizing the need for the PA tanks. These companies were from Slovenia and UK. However the main 'reason' for not inducting an LTS until todate (despite the operational need) has primarily been sheer stupidity and lack of 'decision-making' of those at the helm of affairs at the AC Directorate at GHQ. Also, tenders come out after test/ trials/ short-listing of equipment which has also not been done so far by the AC Directorate.

I wouldn't be that frustrated.. they did not provide correct equipment or funding for IBMS.. and then sent the most bureaucratic, bumbling idiot to supervise the project.. and then declared something half baked operational..
which took another long time to debug.

Buddy! YOU ARE CONFUSING THE CR@P OUTTA ME with your descriptions above!!! IBMS was installed in a few AK's for trials. IBMS is being developed locally by IDS and a few other vendors. IBMS has nothing to do with the LTS! LTS was being made by ATCOP and now outta sheer frustration on indecision and failed trials, ATCOP has said tata to the LTS project!

LTS were offered by foreign companies realizing the need for the PA tanks. These companies were from Slovenia and UK. However the main 'reason' for not inducting an LTS until todate (despite the operational need) has primarily been sheer stupidity and lack of 'decision-making' of those at the helm of affairs at the AC Directorate at GHQ. Also, tenders come out after test/ trials/ short-listing of equipment which has also not been done so far by the AC Directorate.

Buddy! YOU ARE CONFUSING THE CR@P OUTTA ME with your descriptions above!!! IBMS was installed in a few AK's for trials. IBMS is being developed locally by IDS and a few other vendors. IBMS has nothing to do with the LTS! LTS was being made by ATCOP and now outta sheer frustration on indecision and failed trials, ATCOP has said tata to the LTS project!
Development

The LTS 1 laser threat warner is being produced in volume by Al Technique Corporation Ltd (ATCOP) for installation on various MBTs of the Pakistan Army as well as strategic installations which could be attacked by laser guided munitions such as key bridges, vital installations and even aircraft shelters.

Description

The LTS 1 laser threat warner consists of two key elements, the mast-mounted sensor and the operator's control box complete with 360° display.

According to ATCOP, the LTS 1 laser threat warner can detect not only laser range-finders but also laser target designators. It responds to all current laser sources in the field environment and if required can also be coupled with acoustic alarms as well as smoke generators and other countermeasure systems.

The LTS 1 laser threat warner can detect laser devices operating in the 0.8 to 1.06 urn waveband and has a 360° field of view azimuth (resolution of 15°) with afield of view in elevation of-15 to +90°.

Operating voltage is 12 V or 24 V DC nominal with power comsumption being 8 W nominal.

The sensor head is 165 mm in diameter and 35 mm high while the control box is 80 x 130 x 55 mm in size.

More recently a split detector version of the ATCOP LTS 1 laser threat warner has been developed.

Status

Production. In service with the Pakistan Army.

Army Guide - LTS 1, Laser warning system
??????????

Armoured corps gets a new dg. Maj gen Umar Durrani I think. any significant changes?

IDS has less to do with IBMS.. than the other vendors.. along with NDC's inhouse support.. They are still banging their heads trying to make it work.
You are confusing yourself.. I am not relating IBMS or LTS.. rather making a point about bad leadership decisions.

Back
Top Bottom