What's new

Muzaffargarh Ranges: Kayani witnesses jamming of tanks

what is this in 0.44 sec mounted on tank, some sort of electrolytic devise?? around 6 boxes wire connected, mounted on a stand in circular assembly!
??

or am i being tooooo curiouse and its a simple light frame!
:P

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, with all the nice discussion going on, here is the video link to the exercise footage:

:cheers:

with all details:

Enjoy!
first thnx arsalanaslam123
i dont get it all channels are talking about a laser technology that can specifically jam enemy armour's engins?
i can digest electronic warfare, even laser blinding but this new tech thay talk about is kinda hard to accept rite jamming of ENGINS through laser.... GUYS we seriously need to resarch this thing!

what is this in 0.44 sec mounted on tank, some sort of electrolytic devise?? around 6 boxes wire connected, mounted on a stand in circular assembly!
??

Not curiouse (curious) but paranoid. The .44sec is the device for the tanks version of laser tag. They are talking about the lock on mechanism using laser to lock-on to target before firing. Since tanks are not firing at each other using actual munitions besides some small arms by the infantry, they are playing tank laser tag (exclude the airforce). Thus it is fair to conclude that you my friend need a vacation (just my opinion). :)

@arsalanaslam123 I think you will agree with me on this, atleast the vacation part. :cheers:

Not curiouse (curious) but paranoid. The .44sec is the device for the tanks version of laser tag. They are talking about the lock on mechanism using laser to lock-on to target before firing. Since tanks are not firing at each other using actual munitions besides some small arms by the infantry, they are playing tank laser tag (exclude the airforce). Thus it is fair to conclude that you my friend need a vacation (just my opinion). :)

@arsalanaslam123 I think you will agree with me on this, atleast the vacation part. :cheers:

Asking something means one is here to stay!

however you seem quite fed up of discussions as for now, what are your plans??
by the ways, thanks for the clarification!
:)

can tanks even be jammed#?? why army claims something alien
the EW suit can be..
the laser range finders, the laser target designators and such electronic devices can be deceived and/or jammed! thematically it is possible!
:tup:

EXERCISE VIDEO

There could be a system installed that consists of laser receivers and senders mounted on the tank. Those register and classify the "Hit" or "Miss". It could be a training aid. NATO uses those for training. Pakistan might have some units like that bought from Germany or something. If right code is received then engine in the tank stops and the tank is "dead

he weapon has the "sender" unit and the tanks, APCs, soldiers have the "receiver" units on them. Then person or unit "hit" gets the info that they are dead or wounded or disabled

Basically a VERY expensive Laser Tag for military

The post by farhan does say something.

It could have been just a system to be used in case of exercises, in which a laser receiver/source is mounted on tanks and turrets. When a tank is fired upon, and the receiver receives the signal, it shuts down the tank, indicating a hit.???

We all know how our media likes to confuse things, because tank engines cannot be shut down by lasers!!! and EM pulses.

??

This device is either a very 'crude' Laser Threat Sensor made locally by some amateur engineer or it is the laser tag / scoring device (owing to the height of the device) to register a hit or a miss from another tank during a war game. This would then also give credence to the 'jamming' part of this article as the target tank that would register a 'hit' from another tank's laser probably installed under the barrel to mimic an actual tank round being fired) would hence be rendered immobile by somehow deactivating its engine and becoming 'dead-at-spot' without having the ability to re-start unless re-set by the exercise umpire.

Guys watch whole of it..they successfully jammed tank engines using laser technology.

That is very good. So they fitted and activated "immobilisers" in the enemy tanks?

That means the PA can save a lot of money. They will not need Shells or Missiles to eliminate enemy tanks, while the enemy tank crews will moan "this tank will not start" to their commanders! :)

Very old news, there was a thread on this as well.

That is very good. So they fitted and activated "immobilisers" in the enemy tanks?

That means the PA can save a lot of money. They will not need Shells or Missiles to eliminate enemy tanks, while the enemy tank crews will moan "this tank will not start" to their commanders! :)

Haha blocking a mechanical engine with laser sounds very high tech to me mamu.

Back
Top Bottom