What's new

Mustefa Kemal Ataturk: The greatest Muslim general of the 20th centuary?

Obviously our society reached a low during the middle ages with foreign invasion,rigid caste and social stagnation and feudalism.
And we don't say arabs did nothing,just that they didn't 'invent' the things they claim as their own,they made improvements no doubt.But the centrepiece of their claim zero, is indian,and proved by inscription of the zero symbol in a calculation on indian temple well before islam.
Aztecs also had conceptual understanding of zero but no symbol.

Agreed I can accept this and in Western curriculum it is taught that the original concept was either greco or Indian but Arabs translated and expanded upon the original premises and spread it to Europe through Al-Andalus etc. I don't know how it is taught in Arab countries. Did you know Indian mathematicians used to go to Baghdad and converse with other scholars of the day?? I read that somewhere I just don't remember where exactly.

Baghdad was a great centre of learning so i wouldn't be surprised that learned people went there.Plus the trade route was prosperous.

Without proper foundation we are not able to make any innovation and scientific research .The Muslim from medieval got their foundation from Greek,Persia and india and may be chinese and where able to expand their knowledge and research to the whole world their books where translated to Latin and Greek and many languages.
The same way European took their foundation from muslim and expanded their knowledge and here we are and now we see the East got their foundation from west and improving in every thing see Japan,south korea,taiwan,china and india.

You may be right about the spreading the knowledge in the dark ages, But after that the Scientific innovation and advancement of Society went down. Compare the society of todays middle east with that of the same society in 700 A.D. Do you find any difference??(except some innovations done by the west and used by middle eastern tribes)

On the contrary the West revived during the period of renaissance.

I wanna add in his military carrier, he has been awarded with a total number of 24 medals. 20 out of 24 was given while he was an Ottoman Officer. 10 of the medals has been given by allied nations.

I wanna add in his military carrier, he has been awarded with a total number of 24 medals. 20 out of 24 was given while he was an Ottoman Officer. 10 of the medals has been given by allied nations.

Most notably he earned the Iron Cross from German army, I could be wrong but I think he is the only non-German to have earned the Iron Cross.

As, per my reading, i'd consider Mustafa Kemal Pasha, Ataturk the greatest Muslim general of the 20th centuary after General Sultan Fateh Ali Tipu in the 19th Centuary.

280_ataturk_1.jpg

Do you have any more worthy candidate, in the 20th Centuary?
Its one of my wishes, to visit his tomb and pay my respects.

Please discuss....
he destroyed turkish culture, he was an atheist/agnostic at best.
i have no respect for for that reason.

This is the man who destroyed Islam and the culture in Turkey, a country ruled by Islam for hundred of years until the decline.
1. Turned into a Western style country, he should of done what Egypt and other Arab countries did. Not to destroy Islamic faith but being nationalist ruling country is fair
2. Banned Headscarves :angry:
3. Killed Imams in order not to strengthen the Uthmani people's Islamic faith
4. Destroyed majsed :pissed:
5. Banned the fez
6. A Freemasonry
and did so many bad things Mulims made them become far away from following Islam, it was illegal because of this Atajew ...yet you people call him a Muslim? Sorry no, he is not some says he is an aitheist and some says he is Jewish while we,Arab and Muslim scholars says he is not a Muslim. The only real Muslim leader of yours after ataturk is Erbakan and Erdogan.:tup:

This is the man who destroyed Islam and the culture in Turkey, a country ruled by Islam for hundred of years until the decline.
1. Turned into a Western style country, he should of done what Egypt and other Arab countries did. Not to destroy Islamic faith but being nationalist ruling country is fair
2. Banned Headscarves :angry:
3. Killed Imams in order not to strengthen the Uthmani people's Islamic faith
4. Destroyed majsed :pissed:
5. Banned the fez
6. A Freemasonry
and did so many bad things Mulims made them become far away from following Islam, it was illegal because of this Atajew ...yet you people call him a Muslim? Sorry no, he is not some says he is an aitheist and some says he is Jewish while we,Arab and Muslim scholars says he is not a Muslim. The only real Muslim leader of yours after ataturk is Erbakan and Erdogan.:tup:

He also saved tureky from ruin and total destruction,what matters if turkey would have been muslim or not if it was destroyed anyway?

As, per my reading, i'd consider Mustafa Kemal Pasha, Ataturk the greatest Muslim general of the 20th centuary after General Sultan Fateh Ali Tipu in the 19th Centuary.

Please discuss....

Mushtafa Kemal Pasha has indeed the great general and also great statesman. He has shown the way that how to survive in modern world. People here are discussing the 'muslimness' of Ataturk but they are not bother to talk about his generalship or better statesmanship.

How come you have included Tipu Sultan as 'Greatest' general ? Is generalship in muslim world come to so low that NUT like Tipu was regarded as Greatest general.

1.Your Tipu sultan received crushing defeat in 3rd and 4th battle between Mysore and British.
2. It was Hyder Ali who was the leader in 1st and 2nd battle, although 2nd was status quo.
3. Both Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan were used send TRIBUTE to Maratha rulers.
4. Though Hyder Ali has defeated British in 1st battle but It was Maratha Peshwa Madhav Rao who has defeated Hyder Ali and force him to send tribute to Maratha court.
4.Abdali has defeated Maratha in Panipat but later Madhav Rao recovered all his land lost in Panipat battle.

its true theres turkish people that say his ancestry was jewish or something as well.

No, he not jewish. There can be also some Turkish people claiming that he is an alien so what ?

he destroyed turkeys real culture.

What is Turk's real culture ? Is it Islam adopted from Arabs or the culture we had in the middle-asia.

No, he not jewish. There can be also some Turkish people claiming that he is an alien so what ?

he wasnt 100% jewish but he had jewish ancestry.

What is Turk's real culture ? Is it Islam adopted from Arabs or the culture we had in the middle-asia.

so what are you saying? ataturk didnt destroy your culture?

Thats like saying British Raj saved India from destruction.

The british raj can be claimed to have given political unification to India minus Pakistan.

Had Britishers not been there, India would have been a lot of different kingdoms a majority of which would have been Maratha instead of the Democracy we have now.

Back
Top Bottom