What's new

Muslims in Middle Kingdom and Contemporary China Celebrating Festivals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron brothers don't have problems with this as " it's their internal matter + their country, their rules ".

Just like we don't interfere when Indians kill Muslims for being Muslims (massacres), eating wrong food or forced ghar wapsi. Your country, your rules but don't try that in Kashmir.

I think Pakistan or someone from the friendly Muslim block needs to take this up politely with Chinese. They are relatively new to this phenomenon of extremism having been a very closed community to external influences so to say and are hence behaving like an irate child. But this is just the beginning. Them opening up to the world and the world reciprocating would mean a hoard of new challenges from all ends, in all spheres of community. For them to become a truly international power, they need to practice tolerance and shed this cloak of supremacy, high handedness or whatever they have it on them

Islam is here to stay and so is the Islamic culture

I think Pakistan or someone from the friendly Muslim block needs to take this up politely with Chinese. They are relatively new to this phenomenon of extremism having been a very closed community to external influences so to say and are hence behaving like an irate child. But this is just the beginning. Them opening up to the world and the world reciprocating would mean a hoard of new challenges from all ends, in all spheres of community. For them to become a truly international power, they need to practice tolerance and shed this cloak of supremacy, high handedness or whatever they have it on them

China is trying to Sinicize all regions of China. They will continue to do that whether anyone likes it or not. Separate identities that are not integrated to the mainstream will lead to continued secessionist sentiments.

There is a big difference between restricting religious rights and suppressing human rights. Restricting religious rights means you can still continue to lead a really good life but have to give up religious symbolism. Even non-Communist countries do it, like France.

Seems like Indians are intent to keep this misinformation thread alive

1- China banned some city names , and names that are for Pillar of religion. Muslims generally don't use the city names nor they use the piller of religion as common name of person.

Example of Banned names, underlined items have been restricted to be used as person name
  • Mekkah Khan , Medina Rizwi , Hajj Bhutto , Jihad Butt , Saddam Hussain , Quaran Baig , Imam (Typically used as a Title) Tahir

So these kind of unusual names have been restricted

2- Now one paper published this "story" with Mohammad name, and it was blindly picked up by few papers and later that paper hid its story behind password protection. And other newspapers just copy pasted the material.
In reality there is no ban on Mohammad name, as it was clearly mentioned common Muslim names are not affected.

3- Now 1 Pakistani news outlet also copied pasted from this paper "Financial Times" and when I clicked on their source link it went to blank page. "Subscription page".

Summary:
No ban on Mohammad name, and The security measures are there are similar to what Pakistan has implemented against expansion of Terrorist networks similar to in Syria / Iraq by rouge groups.

They had bombing or other serious matters in that region which is why they have increased local security setup.

Closed thread already
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-bans-muslim-names-for-babies-in-xinjiang.491711/

Seems like Indians are intent to keep this misinformation thread alive

1- China banned some city names , and names that are for Pillar of religion. Muslims generally don't use the city names nor they use the piller of religion as common name of person.

It's quite absurd to name someone "Jihad". I know some people do it, but these are not proper names.

It's quite absurd to name someone "Jihad". I know some people do it, but these are not proper names.

To be honest I have only heard the name perhaps 1 time a modern age Soccer player from Syria is called Jeehad fairly good player but Jehad Al Hussain pronounced with two "ee"

And that is not Jihad which is a piller of faith

Most other combinations I never have heard them

Saddam name is a fairly , iraq based name not even GCC countries use it not common in Pakistan

Last edited:
There are Chinese character for Mohammed, "Ma"-马.
Simple as that, and this article is pure of bullshit, what " Han people see us as bloodthirsty and violent", I mean, wtf is this.

Last edited:
it's their internal matter + their country, their rules ".

first of all i condemn this decision of banning name of Mohammad (PBUH) under banner of extremism, but since its communist country doesn't matter what we have to say, usually they dont take criticism from anyone.

2nd ofcourse, its their country and their rules, Chinese will face consequences of their forced decision, nothing to do with Pakistan.

first of all i condemn this decision of banning name of Mohammad (PBUH) under banner of extremism, but since its communist country doesn't matter what we have to say, usually they dont take criticism from anyone.

2nd ofcourse, its their country and their rules, Chinese will face consequences of their forced decision, nothing to do with Pakistan.
Yes, so much of yr fake info.

How much the American paid you to come her for slandering?

Chinese govt must be congratulated in taking this bold step, esp when they are thick as thieves with their "very sensitive" western buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom