What's new

Muslims in Middle Kingdom and Contemporary China Celebrating Festivals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the chaos in Syria or Iraq, I can 100% understand the special caution from China. As networks like one India Runs with Kalbhushan can also exist and cause problems in its region

Certainly makes sense to introduce special process to ensure safety of every one in province of China

India can distrub the peace in Xinjiang province and I think some extra security by China is not a problem

This is deplorable if true and shows a wrong reaction to a genuine problem.
However, the point that Muslims elsewhere in China do not face these issues is quite perplexing and only points to an oppressive tactic aimed at controlling the Xinjiang reigion more than anything to do with religion in general

its Chinese rule, Chinese will face its consequences.. Nothing to do with Pakistan, why people especially bharati expect Pakistan to interfare? Why they are not taunting Arabs, Persians, Turks, central and east asian Muslim countries for not interfaring in China??

its clear bharatis are butthurt over close relationship between Pakistan and China..
Because Pakistanis have habbit of being mesihah of all muslims. they were against India abolishing triple talaq even when it is abolished in their own country long time back.
on serious note, keeping beard or having fast should not be banned untill it is for some commercial purpose where these things obstruct normal way of working.

Keep growing and keep implementing islam
That's always the plan, they will name themselves, pray and increase as Muslim, Chinas Muslim population is growing just like everywhere else

China can learn from its mistakes or it can create more enemies in the Muslim world where its seen mostly positively, China has enough enemies in the west and surrounding it so it needs to be smarter

For Pakistan we have repeatedly stuck our neck out for eg Afghans with little favour

China is a great ally and a corner stone of our geo strategic future

We have only one enemy we hate above all others and that's India and its in our interest to ally with China

Its up to China to be smart enough not to burn its bridges

Sorry. Dude.
China is smart enough that we keep xinjiang from being a bloody hell as middle east, which is the scenario West and india want to see eagerly .
As for anti-muslim, I think Hui and other muslim ethnics have different opinions.

China won't create anything enemies in muslim world initiatively.
In contrast, the smartest thing China government has done about middle east is China doesn't get involved in it politically, i think,cause you support a muslim nation in middle east in response to be hated by others.

I think you have a wrong image of the Uighur veil...
When we speak about a Veil... I think you are seeing that...

801122-burqa.jpg

BUT IT's NOT... That's Called Burqa... It's not even from the ARAB region! it's from AFghanistan...

Here a Uighur like Veil...

uygur-woman-with-her-kids-kashgar-ancient-town-xinjiang-uyghur-autonomous-BX0C5W.jpg
Uyghur_woman_Xinjiang.jpg
images

You see... it's not from the ARABIC region... It's typical from Central Asia since centuries...

So now ask yourself...
Should they ban that?
We do have very serious problem with radical veils and beards like following:

NIQAB.jpg

radical_veil_01.jpg

20141109_jihadist1.jpg

mikhail-jihad.jpg

Any wise and orderly nation won't wait until the society has the infighting or some wreak havoc occurs within the society to have the response... it will be too late and too costly... just a dumb nation will play the waiting game with this regard.

However, the point that Muslims elsewhere in China do not face these issues is quite perplexing and only points to an oppressive tactic aimed at controlling the Xinjiang reigion more than anything to do with religion in general

Well that is because someone is sponsoring rogue groups from outside.

China's closer monitoring of the situation is logical considering bombings inside their region and they obviously do not want the problem to harm local population and they are trying to control the problem creators

By closely monitoring religious centers and festival no different then how Pakistani security setup keeps eye out for trouble makers

It is media's job to "double triple escalate the story"

True, this is not a Muslim problem. It's a separatists issue infused with fundamentalists. Al Quada is the result of supporting group of fighters without considering who they really are. That is why I would be against US supporting rebels in Syria as these rebels could be worse than Assad. These rebels could come back and bite us. So is the case with Chechnyans and Uighers. US should not get involve with groups from these regions.

Finally, of all the Muslims in Russia and China, why are the Chechnyans and Uigers having problems? Other Muslims are just fine.

China bans religious names for Muslim babies in Xinjiang
List of banned baby names released amid ongoing crackdown on religion that includes law against veils and beards

Uighur women in loose, full-length garments and headscarves associated with conservative Islam visit a market in the city of Aksu in western China’s Xinjiang province. Photograph: Ng Han Guan/AP
Shares

Benjamin Haas in Hong Kong

@haasbenjamin
Tuesday 25 April 2017 04.11 BSTLast modified on Tuesday 25 April 2017 04.42 BST

Many couples fret over choosing the perfect name for their newborn, but for Muslims in western China that decision has now become even more fraught: pick the wrong name and your child will be denied education and government benefits.

Officials in the western region of Xinjiang, home to roughly half of China’s 23 million Muslims, have released a list of banned baby names amid an ongoing crackdown on religion, according to a report by US-funded Radio Free Asia.

Names such as Islam, Quran, Saddam and Mecca, as well as references to the star and crescent moon symbol, are all unacceptable to the ruling Communist party and children with those names will be denied household registration, a crucial document that grants access to social services, healthcare and education.

A full list of names has not yet been published and it is unclear exactly what qualifies as a religious name.

China blames religious extremists for a slew of violent incidents in recent years that have left hundreds dead. It has launched a series of crackdowns in Xinjiang, home to the Muslim Uighur minority and one of the most militarised regions in the country.

Uighur rights groups complain of severe restrictions on religion and freedom of expression, and say the attacks are isolated incidents caused by local grievances, not part of a wider coordinated campaign. Young men are banned from growing beards in Xinjiang and women are forbidden from wearing face veils.

Rights groups were quick to condemn the name ban, which applies to dozens of names deemed by Communist party officials to carry religious overtones.

“This is just the latest in a slew of new regulations restricting religious freedom in the name of countering ‘religious extremism,’” Sophie Richardson, China director at Human Rights Watch, said in a statement. “These policies are blatant violations of domestic and international protections on the rights to freedom of belief and expression.

“If the government is serious about bringing stability and harmony to the region as it claims, it should roll back – not double down on – repressive policies.”

Authorities in Xinjiang passed new legislation last month expanding a host of restrictions, including allowing staff at train stations and airports to deny entry to women wearing face veils and encouraging staff to report them to the police.

The new law also prohibits “abnormal beards” and “naming of children to exaggerate religious fervour”. Various cities in Xinjiang previously had rules banned women wear face veils and men with long beard from public transportation, but the new law applies to the entire region.

A Communist party village chief and ethnic Uighur was demoted last month for not having a “resolute political stance” after he refused to smoke in front of Muslim elders. The state-run Global Times newspaper quote another local official as saying cadres should push against religious convention to demonstrate “their commitment to secularisation”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eligious-names-for-muslims-babies-in-xinjiang
Interestingly, in Japan, all Japanese citizens must bear Japanese names. Immigrants must change their names to be Japanese style compatible in order to become citizens. I wonder how a Muslim immigrant changes his name.

Hui are also facing some problems, according to some reports. Here is a one of the link.

Anti-Islamic sentiment on the rise in China
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/04/12/anti-islamic-sentiment-rise-china

Because Pakistanis have habbit of being mesihah of all muslims. they were against India abolishing triple talaq even when it is abolished in their own country long time back.
on serious note, keeping beard or having fast should not be banned untill it is for some commercial purpose where these things obstruct normal way of working.

i am not supporting any ban, i have faught with Chinese over these issues multiple times, they are simply not able to understand us due to their communist mentality of not taking any criticism, so let them force and face consequence. Meanwhile i pray for well being of Uyghur and Chinese as well.

Coming to 1st part, show me a single statement of Pakistani official on your Triple talak issue, i am sure if you are copying Pakistani laws regarding Muslim personal laws in your country, our govt and officials would be quite happy, so PDF is not equal to Pakistani policy. 2nd Pakistani govt only take position where OIC take position, we dont poke our nose in bharat, Europe and China, just like other Muslim countries dont do..

We do have very serious problem with radical veils and beards like following:

NIQAB.jpg

radical_veil_01.jpg

20141109_jihadist1.jpg

mikhail-jihad.jpg

Any wise and orderly nation won't wait until the society has the infighting or some wreak havoc occurs within the society to have the response... it will be too late and too costly... just a dumb nation will play the waiting game with this regard.

It's not a veil neither a "Radical veil" it's a Burqa... YOu may think it's the same but it's not... The veil as I show before, is what you have at least to Wear in Islam...

As for the Beard, no "types" of beard is qualified as radicals...

The only Radicals ( Khawarji) woulb be seen no tby their dress but their actions...
Those radicals, can shave and stay without veil and still be Radicals...

Like the terro attacks in EU or N-Africa, it was done by CLean shaved guy... who where even in a costume...
What you wear do not qualify you... bc at this rate then Your own pakistanis brothers are Radicals... and therefore seen as a threat...

I can show you Chinese with no religion or a religion who is not Islam with a beard 10times longer...

just like Kashmir in India.

and I can/will bring up a white supremacist racist incident in the US for every instance of bigotry or worse in India treating it's muslims that you can come up with so don't go there, all societies have their share of problems no matter how advanced socially or economically they may be.

this is beyond extreme discrimination, let's at least be honest and call it out..
Saudi Arabia bans entire sects- entire trains of thought. Again, does not excuse China nor does it make it the most reprehensible as you are painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom