What's new

Muslims in indian army

in India most of Amry personnel comes from Rajput, Jat, Sikhs and Gorkha. In Gujarat, hardly anyone would join Army.

Rajputana Rifles root comes from saurashtra,Gujarat where after independence Bhavnagar,dhngadhra,jamjodhpur states army known as a rajputana rifles.so many gujarati youth joined army nd when they induct they known as a rajputana rifles.

i think there is no difference between present government of india and that of 1938.

I think reservation means preferential treatment up until the percentage is filled. It does not mean they cannot join the armed forces beyond that limit.
muslims are not prohibited in army they can join,but there is a limit for that

muslims are not prohibited in army they can join,but there is a limit for that

Reservation does NOT MEAN there is a limit. I thought this was different in india and actually bothered to do a bit of reading. Guess what? No limit.

Reservation does NOT MEAN there is a limit. I thought this was different in india and actually bothered to do a bit of reading. Guess what? No limit.

the inside story is different...
and increased muslim in army will be complicated and it threatens national security..

reservation in india that thats the minimum you will get like 30 in 100 seats in a college and if you are good enough you will get beyond that as well!!

the inside story is different...
and increased muslim in army will be complicated and it threatens national security..

I fail to understand how it threatens national security when they are your countrymen. Your country is a secular republic, i hope you realize that soon. Next time though, please do not pass off your personal thoughts or feelings as facts.

I fail to understand how it threatens national security when they are your countrymen. Your country is a secular republic, i hope you realize that soon. Next time though, please do not pass off your personal thoughts or feelings as facts.

you know about india in books and in media..
you don't know the inner sensitivities....

you know about india in books and in media..
you don't know the inner sensitivities....

If that was true why would Muslim officers in the Army be promoted to the rank of General in the Indian army..which is a very important post.

Secondly..why would the Army use JAKLI in Kargil war...which has almost half Muslims and that too Kashmiri Muslims?

tallboy123 looks fan of Shiv Sena. :) or may be just Anti-Muslim or have some pre - perception about them.

India CLAIMING to be a secular democracy should really aspire to follow the principles of one. Pakistan doesn't claim to be a secular democracy, it is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is shameful how Indians are trying to justify the underrepresentation of Indian Muslims in every field of life, despite being the second largest minority of India (150 million people), claiming to be a secular democracy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom