What's new

Muslim Philosopher Says Islam Has Given Birth To Monsters, Needs Reform

- Cultural
Bullshit! Muslims living in the West are gradually adopting Western cultural values because its dominant by the passing generations of Muslims here. Yet, when Muslims who are born and raised here like other local Westerners do not consent to marry their cousin or choice of their parents from lets say Pakistan, their parents do not accept it. They lure them back to their former homeland and arrange force marriage / rape for them. There are many similar cases. All you have to do is to read your media. Famous movie 'Khuda Kay Liye' depicted this problem as well.

If he was misquoted or taken out of context than that is not Islam's problem...MARRIAGE in Islam includes the 3: sanity, puberty and consent....
Actually, its more complicated than that. Read here:
The truth about Muhammad and Aisha | Myriam François-Cerrah | Comment is free | The Guardian

Not Islam's fault stop trying to grasp something to blame for the pathetic mentality of ignorant men!
LOL. Your refusal to accept any responsibility of faulty Islamic teachings amazes me. Islam is not a perfect religion. It is only as perfect as its flawed, erroneous, contradictory and hypocritic commentaries / interpretations made by its imperfect followers (humans).

Bullshit! Muslims living in the West are gradually adopting Western cultural values because its dominant by the passing generations of Muslims here. Yet, when Muslims who are born and raised here like other local Westerners do not consent to marry their cousin or choice of their parents from lets say Pakistan, their parents do not accept it. They lure them back to their former homeland and arrange force marriage / rape for them. There are many similar cases. All you have to do is to read your media. Famous movie 'Khuda Kay Liye' depicted this problem as well.
You just agreed with me!

Parents who were raised with such a culture ...Nothing to do with Islam..Islam doesnt say your wife will be your cousin or ONLY marry your cousin!

Actually, its more complicated than that. Read here:
The truth about Muhammad and Aisha | Myriam François-Cerrah | Comment is free | The Guardian
Did you read that article??

LOL. Your refusal to accept any responsibility of faulty Islamic teachings amazes me. Islam is not a perfect religion. It is only as perfect as its flawed, erroneous, contradictory and hypocritic commentaries / interpretations.
Show me one!

Problem actually is culture...And any truth seems like a strawman to you then it is your sheer ignorance!
A culture derives its core values from its dominant religion. In Israel, the dominant culture is Jewish, not only because they have a Jewish majority, but also because their cultural values are derived from ancient Hebrew sacred scriptures. Same is the case with Western Christian countries. They are also considered Jude-Christian as both use same Bible as source of their core cultural values:
Judeo-Christian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same goes for various Muslim cultures across the globe as they consist of Islamic values not the other way around! :D

Those Muslims who migrated to the West and practice it...Please do tell me if they have managed to get over their phobia and assimilated with the West? or bothered to educate their women or are thy still following their culture where women are not to be educated despite Iqra being the 1st word of revealed? Iqra without stating man or woman!
What phobia? If Hindus, Jews, Sikhs and other migrating religions have easily assimilated in the West, what the heck is wrong with Muslims? Aren't they assimilating because of their rigid and unreformed Islamic faith? :D

You brought up prophet so yes you were jumping around in the past and I answered in context....WHY prophet did that and it was not wrong BACK then...I also said
What prophet did back then like legally marrying a child with "consent" was probably not wrong back then but IT IS WRONG today. Times change. LOL :D

Parents who were raised with such a culture ...Nothing to do with Islam..Islam doesnt say your wife will be your cousin or ONLY marry your cousin!
True. I will come back to you on this after a few generations of Muslims in Europe have passed and tell you I was right :D

Did you read that article??
Of course.

Show me one!
One? There are many! Try here:
Contradictions / Difficulties in the Qur'an
Eleven Qur'an Contradictions
Contradictions in the Qur'an | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
Contradictions in the Qur'an - WikiIslam

Don't use islamophobic card here as ALL religions are full of contradictions.

Without getting too much involved in this discussion by muslims, I'd like to offer that muslims are perhaps best off looking towards the future rather than mistakes (or culture, rather) of the past.

Something needs to be reformed after it is tried and has failed...When Islam has never been given a chance over the preferences of culture and tradition how can we say it has failed and needs reform?

Just a genuine question!

I could write a whole book as to why.

Really?

15 Years

Sooo.....In that list alone I didnt find any Muslim :unsure:
The issue is not the age difference but the age of the girl. Hugh Hefner in his 60s marrying a young woman in her 20s may raise eyebrows and comments, but the young woman knew exactly who he is, what he is, and the situation she is getting into. Your list is largely misleading. Even if there are questionable ages in there, like the few where the female was in her teens, that does not render the relationship as appropriate as the rest of the list.

But I have this question for you: If you would consent to your nine-yr old daughter to marriage, would you consent to send your nine-yr old son to war ?

You are not comfortable in your skin, such a pity.
he is probably very comfortable in his skin to say that but you seemed ashamed
I wont answer on behalf of the Bible as I am in not such a position to do so...But Quran was not coz it says ponder on the signs of thy God....Wiki doesnt say that in fact people who are lazy to search rely ENTIRELY on wiki! Its another form of brainwashing if you ask me....

SO UR ARE NOT DENYING THAT THE KORAN OF OLD DAYS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER WIKEPEDIA?

he is probably very comfortable in his skin to say that but you seemed ashamed

You are perhaps alien to the notion that one is responsible for his/her own action. Just because Hindus killed thousands of Sikhs, other Hindus who had nothing to do with that do not bear any responsibility.

This is common sense.

You are perhaps alien to the notion that one is responsible for his/her own action. Just because Hindus killed thousands of Sikhs, other Hindus who had nothing to do with that do not bear any responsibility.

This is common sense.
AND WHY DO MUSLIMS KILL A MILLION MUSLIMS IN BANGLADESH IN 1971?

AND WHY DO MUSLIMS KILL A MILLION MUSLIMS IN BANGLADESH IN 1971?

Ask those folks that you think are responsible.

Why do Hindu parents kill their female infants by the millions ? Should just any Hindu be held responsible for that or just the ones that commit these acts.

Its no brainier my friend.

Last edited:

My answer was this..I am not sure if you are plain troll or just ignorant :

I wont answer on behalf of the Bible as I am in not such a position to do so...But Quran was not coz it says ponder on the signs of thy God....Wiki doesnt say that in fact people who are lazy to search rely ENTIRELY on wiki! Its another form of brainwashing if you ask me...

But I have this question for you: If you would consent to your nine-yr old daughter to marriage, would you consent to send your nine-yr old son to war ?
The 9 yr old question was in regards to THAT time....And there is no 1 source that tells you Aisha's CORRECT age AT THAT TIME.....Esp when they didnt have birth registration people only estimated ....and the method of estimation BACK THEN was not a sophisticated or solid as today esp since back then puberty was the only measure of marriageable age...

Before jumping in blind do read a few pages back (WHERE This question came from and at what it is addressed)

I would not consent a 9 yr old to marriage...Why 9 yr olds today are not responsible enough...Heck even 30 yr olds today are not responsible enough!

Hope that answers your question!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom