What's new

Muslim girls wearing Hijab barred from classes at Indian college

Do you understand how many sects of beliefs there are within Islam itself? There is not one single unified belief. There are different schools of thoughts in Islam, Hanbali, Hanafi, Maliki, and Shafei, they will differentiate on their rulings. Then there is others like Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Deobandi, and Ahmediyas.

And what MBS said does not matter at all, you're making yourself look idiotic here, he has no verifiable credentials to talk about Islam nor is his word the absolute truth regarding Islam.

Muslims follow Quran through what they interpret it as, and most also follow the Hadith, depending on the strength of the chain.

What you posted (which I don't even need to look at, at all) is merely a single interpretation and the vast majority DO NOT believe in it at all.

For each single one you can show me opposing it as compulsory, a thousand can be shown supporting it.

Ahmediyas are not muslims.

Hadeeth?...which are questioned by no one else but the ruler of SA, birthplace of Islam started and guardian of Islamic culture/holy places.

MBS says the reform is clear: "The government, where Sharia is concerned, has to implement Quran regulations and teachings in mutawater (well-known) hadiths[ii], and to look into the veracity and reliability of ahad hadiths[iii], and to disregard “khabar” hadiths[iv] entirely, unless if a clear benefit is derived from it for humanity. So, there should be no punishment related to a religious matter except when there is a clear Quranic stipulation, and this penalty will be implemented based on the way that the Prophet applied it.”

On Hijab..here what I found in Google...no where it is mentioned as religious compulsion but more of a cultural thing.....

Now the practitioners of Kama Sutra, Beastiality, Sati, human sacrifice, caste system, Deodasis, mistreater of widows and consumers of animal and human excrement are teaching us about Islam.

There were good reasons why early Muslim Invaders destroyed Hindu temples as they were adorned with images of the worst kinds of perversion and the temples were themselves center of worst kind of corruption. The few temples that survived in South India are a proof of that.

Last edited:
Turban in Sikh religion is written in their holy book and very much part of their religious identity as prescribed by their Guru..... Can you quote a verse from holy Quraan which says Hijaab is a religious compulsion....

I do favour hijab...but not where their is a dress code....Will you allow your women in Army, Police to come in Hijab??? They need to stick to a dress code and I don't think it's wrong if Indian school is asking for the same......
they do
world over not just in Muslim world

Ahmediyas are not muslims.
This statement pretty much proves my point about the many different beliefs in Islam, some that vary so much others wouldn't classify the other as Muslim.

@Adonis So your point is redundant, it may not be compulsory for one sect, but it is compulsory for the vast majority.

To be honest I've never heard this argument apart from a few individuals which were feminist Muslim type group but no one takes them seriously, the general consensus is that it's compulsory among all Muslims.

Of course you're not part of this group, it's just a weak attempt of justifying granting religious rights to one group but denying them to another, pure hypocrisy and clear-cut discrimination.

Turban in Sikh religion is written in their holy book and very much part of their religious identity as prescribed by their Guru..... Can you quote a verse from holy Quraan which says Hijaab is a religious compulsion....

I do favour hijab...but not where their is a dress code....Will you allow your women in Army, Police to come in Hijab??? They need to stick to a dress code and I don't think it's wrong if Indian school is asking for the same......

Even Sikhs in the US Armed Forces are now allowed to wear their turbans since the rules changes back in 2020. There is always flexibility -- what Indian's (Gandhus) are doing is just plain Islamophobia.

This statement pretty much proves my point about the many different beliefs in Islam, some that vary so much others wouldn't classify the other as Muslim.

@Adonis So your point is redundant, it may not be compulsory for one sect, but it is compulsory for the vast majority.

To be honest I've never heard this argument apart from a few individuals which were feminist Muslim type group but no one takes them seriously, the general consensus is that it's compulsory among all Muslims.

Of course you're not part of this group, it's just a weak attempt of justifying granting religious rights to one group but denying them to another, pure hypocrisy and clear-cut discrimination.

Islam has some basic rules and the finality of the Prophet (PBUH) is one of them. There is no compromise on that irrespective of the sect. If anyone breaks that rule, they are not in the fold anymore. It is as simple as that and there are no ifs and buts about it.

Please do not bring discussion of sects into this thread.

Last edited:
Islam has some basic rules and the finality of the Prophet (PBUH) is one of them. There is no compromise on that irrespective of the sect. If anyone breaks that rule, they are not in the fold anymore. It is as simple as there are no ifs and buts about it.

Please do not bring discussion of sects into this thread.
The mentioning of sects is necessary to be brought into it, not everyone in Islam has the exact same beliefs, some have minor differences and others major.

It's to show that whatever BS he has posted about hijab not being compulsory is not the common belief, and that not every Muslim follows the exact same belief/interpretation.

I was never going to get into the actual beliefs of different sects, ironically you brought that up... It was mentioned, never discussed.

Do you understand how many sects of beliefs there are within Islam itself? There is not one single unified belief. There are different schools of thoughts in Islam, Hanbali, Hanafi, Maliki, and Shafei, they will differentiate on their rulings. Then there is others like Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Deobandi, and Ahmediyas.

And what MBS said does not matter at all, you're making yourself look idiotic here, he has no verifiable credentials to talk about Islam nor is his word the absolute truth regarding Islam.

Muslims follow Quran through what they interpret it as, and most also follow the Hadith, depending on the strength of the chain.

What you posted (which I don't even need to look at, at all) is merely a single interpretation and the vast majority DO NOT believe in it at all.

For each single one you can show me opposing it as compulsory, a thousand can be shown supporting it.
You mentioned about different sects in Islam..and then talk of interpretation of Quraan for Muslims....There are different interpretations of Quraan and different sects of Muslims understand it differently...hence the division among them....

On you showing me thousands that favour hijab as compulsory...start with first.....

Now the practitioners of Kama Sutra, Beastiality, Sati, human sacrifice, caste system, Deodasis, mistreater of widows and consumers of animal and human excrement are teaching us about Islam.

There were good reasons why early Muslim Invaders destroyed Hindu temples as they were adorned with images of the worst kinds of perversion and the temples were themselves center of worst kind of corruption. The few temples that survived in South India are a proof of that.

Post has just hate content...off topic....hence ignoring.

You mentioned about different sects in Islam..and then talk of interpretation of Quraan for Muslims....There are different interpretations of Quraan and different sects of Muslims understand it differently...hence the division among them....

On you showing me thousands that favour hijab as compulsory...start with first.....

Very well-known widely followed scholar meanwhile you showed me a site from Sheikh Google which is probably owned and run by Government of India or some LGBT for Muslims organisation type sh*t

Compulsory because hear-say?.....Instead of ridiculing the person who questions, why don't you show the proof...where it is written?

Even Sikhs in the US Armed Forces are now allowed to wear their turbans since the rules changes back in 2020. There is always flexibility -- what Indian's (Gandhus) are doing is just plain Islamophobia.
Again...turban in sikh religion is mentioned as their identity and religious compulsion in their holy book and Gurus preaching......for us it's a culture, not compulsion

Compulsory because hear-say?.....Instead of ridiculing the person who questions, why don't you show the proof...where it is written?
Why don't you look at the message right above you where it is shown to you?

Also where did I ridicule you? C'mon, don't play victim here, I'm literally arguing in support of a hated minority of India yet you're the victim. Haha, nice one.

Also not hear-say, that was an example, it's also a common belief Ahmediya are not Muslim between all non-Ahmediya, it's proof to you about the different sects, and different beliefs, so even one claim you find saying hijab are uncompulsory has no impact, because vast majority believe it to be compulsory.

Very well-known and widely followed Islamic scholar here, rather than some random website! Keep in mind this is one out of thousands...

Very well-known widely followed scholar meanwhile you showed me a site from Sheikh Google which is probably owned and run by Government of India or some LGBT for Muslims organisation type sh*t
Lol...scholars... you are again quoting interpretations as told by Mullahs, Preachers.....they are not the source of truth......can you quote any religious text?

But “hijab” refers to a set of practices for a modest lifestyle. Some of these rules apply to women and some to men. When men wear tight T-shirts to show off their muscles, for instance, they are going against the Islamic notion of modesty, as an article for Islamic Insights titled “The Hijab of Men” put it. Similarly, writes Shaykh Saleem Bhimji for Al-Islam.org, a man “must not wear clothing that is not appropriate, tight fitting, and those that show off his body.” As Muslim American lawyer and activist Qasim Rashid wrote for the Independent in 2017, “When addressing hijab, the Quran does not address women first. ... Wearing the headscarf is one form of hijab, but men often forget that hijab is much more. And at the genesis of the hijab discussion, the Quran commands men to not stare at women and to not be promiscuous.”

And here is what we interpret..

Tell me what is factually incorrect? Hindu temples show images of beastiality, sati was a common practice until it was banned by the British. Hindu temples had and have deodasis. Even today Hindus widows are thrown out their of homes and have to live at the mercy of others. Caste system is embedded into the Hindu culture of today. There are enough videos on YouTube where Hindus are consuming or using excrement. Indian prime minister and actors are on record that they consume human excrement. These are facts. You cannot deny them. They are not hate content.

It is ironic that you try to disguise your obvious Islamophobia because of some individual’s choice to wear a Hijab but when facts are stated about your own beliefs you cry “hate content”. Height of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Modesty is a Islamic identity and yes it is written into Islamic law and jurisprudence. Pakistan Army allows women officers to wear hijab if they want to. Even western militaries allows them. PAF women pilots fly jets wearing hijabs. What is happening in India is nothing but Islamophobia. In the process you are destroying the very fabric of your society, please continue to do so. You guys are setting the foundation of another 1000 year of foreign rule.

Lol...scholars... you are again quoting interpretations as told by Mullahs, Preachers.....they are not the source of truth......can you quote any religious text?
You can label them whatever you like, that is your choice, he is an educated scholar of Islamic scripture and has more rights and credentials to talk on matters related to Islam than a random website.

And they always quote their reference when making claims with Quranic verses and/or Hadith.

And here is what we interpret..
There's no "we", there is only "you".

An individual decides how he interprets something for himself, not you, not your government.

Your random articles that are a statistically insignificant minority to the beliefs of actual Muslims mean nothing. 99.9% of Muslims, and educated Islamic scholars who Muslims refer to for knowledge, have mandated the hijab as compulsory.

And you pull up a couple politically motivated articles and insignificant websites thinking you have disproved decades of educated Islamic scholars' rulings.

Lol.

You are making yourself look like a fool here, honestly, either make some logically coherent arguments or just stop replying.

By the way, one of your own links seems to be disproving your own argument.

"Short Answer:

Is Hijab, recommended or mandatory?
All qualified Muslim scholars throughout Islamic history agree on the obligation of hijab and that it is not a religious symbol to differentiate between Muslim and non-Muslim women, rather it’s a dress code ordained for Muslim women.
The command in the verse is considered as an obligation, not a recommendation."

@Adonis

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom