What's new

Muslim girls wearing Hijab barred from classes at Indian college

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Group of Muslim students at a government college in Karnataka state has been forced to sit outside the classroom for weeks now.

1642580360816.png

The photo of the girls sitting on the stairs of the college that went viral on social media [Al Jazeera]

Bengaluru, India – When A H Almas, 18, and two of her friends stepped into their classroom on a December morning, the teacher immediately yelled at them: “Get out.”

The Muslim girls were not allowed to sit in the classroom because they were wearing Hijab, or headscarf.

“When we arrived at the door of the classroom, the teacher said we cannot enter with the Hijab,” Almas told Al Jazeera. “She asked us to remove it.”

Since then, a group of six Muslim students at a government-run women’s college in Udupi district in India’s Karnataka state in the south are forced to sit outside the classroom because the college administration alleges they are defying the rules since Hijab is not part of the uniform.

Read more...

For some wearing skirts in below freezing temperature is a bench mark of being modern but not allowing others to exercise their will to wear whatever is akin to protecting civil liberties and in this case hijab/scarf is pretty decent choice --------. It's not like you are being forced to watch hideous layers of belly fat while attending a class.

So what's next? Sikh students getting expelled for wearing turbans?

All schools I know had Uniform. Uni=>single.
There are specific rules to be followed in specific institutes, societies, countries.
Some people want 'special treatment' everywhere. Right to pray, right to wear, right to do this, right to do that.
It is so irritating.
Anyone wanting 'special treatment' should be shown his/her place.

All schools I know had Uniform. Uni=>single.
There are specific rules to be followed in specific institutes, societies, countries.
Some people want 'special treatment' everywhere. Right to pray, right to wear, right to do this, right to do that.
It is so irritating.
Anyone wanting 'special treatment' should be shown his/her place.

17358871_298756240541970_6380748170417271629_o.jpg

Group of Muslim students at a government college in Karnataka state has been forced to sit outside the classroom for weeks now.

View attachment 809798
The photo of the girls sitting on the stairs of the college that went viral on social media [Al Jazeera]

Bengaluru, India – When A H Almas, 18, and two of her friends stepped into their classroom on a December morning, the teacher immediately yelled at them: “Get out.”

The Muslim girls were not allowed to sit in the classroom because they were wearing Hijab, or headscarf.

“When we arrived at the door of the classroom, the teacher said we cannot enter with the Hijab,” Almas told Al Jazeera. “She asked us to remove it.”

Since then, a group of six Muslim students at a government-run women’s college in Udupi district in India’s Karnataka state in the south are forced to sit outside the classroom because the college administration alleges they are defying the rules since Hijab is not part of the uniform.

Read more...
Basic common sense dictates that there is something called dress code/uniform. In India only Sikhs are allowed to wear a turban as part of their mandatory religious obligations, for anyone else it doesn’t apply. But logic is a rare thing in Amar Shonar Kangla.
So what's next? Sikh students getting expelled for wearing turbans?
Nope, Turbans are mandatory thats why they’re allowed everywhere as an exception. There has been plenty of debates in our courts regarding this same nonsense of seperate dresscodes for seperate faiths.

basic common sense dictates that there is something called dress code/uniform. In India only Sikhs are allowed to wear a turban as part of their mandatory religious obligations, for anyone else it doesn’t apply. But logic is a rare thing in Amar Shonar Kangla.

I know you black tropical forest dwellers want to feel White by banning Hijab but you will never be accepted by Whites as anything better than tropical sewage rats.

I know you black tropical forest dwellers want to feel White by banning Hijab but you will never be accepted by Whites as anything better than tropical sewage rats.
You seem to be concerned about how whites see you isn’t it raqibool? And a white guy is most likely to be unware if such a nation called Bangladesh even exists or not :lol:. There might be no uniform discipline in BDiot schools but here there is. Seethe.

Why don't you invite these girls to pakistan or Bangladesh ? I am sure they will jump at that offer ? right ?

Basic common sense dictates that there is something called dress code/uniform. In India only Sikhs are allowed to wear a turban as part of their mandatory religious obligations, for anyone else it doesn’t apply. But logic is a rare thing in Amar Shonar Kangla.

Nope, Turbans are mandatory thats why they’re allowed everywhere as an exception. There has been plenty of debates in our courts regarding this same nonsense of seperate dresscodes for seperate faiths.
So you have no consistency in laws
You allow headwear for Sikhs cause they're dharmics but no head wear for Muslims as they're different
Different rules for different groups?

Hijab is also part of relgious obligation for Muslim women btw, pretty sure people world over except for maybe France they issue standard uniform hijabs everywhere around the world

So you have no consistency in laws
You allow headwear for Sikhs cause they're dharmics but no head wear for Muslims as they're different
Different rules for different groups?
Its true that there has been inconsistency but a Turban is an integral part of their faith thats why. Else you won’t expect schools to be too liberal, when I was in the school our PT teacher didn’t used to tolerate facial hair at all and he used to trim everyone’s beard who does not trim at home. Some of Muslims used to have beards and used to protest against the rule but he didn’t spare anyone. Some rules are rules, if they have an issue, they can go to the court for a hearing but will it be worthy to waste that much time and resources there?

Its true that there has been inconsistency but a Turban is an integral part of their faith thats why

As per the Quran so is women covering their heads is an intergal thing to their faith so ?
Sikh turban does not disguise or hide the student.

Hijab does.

Face mask ?

Any female teacher can check their identity any time .

As per the Quran so is women covering their heads is an intergal thing to their faith so ?

Face mask ?

Any female teacher can check their identity any time .
Thats why I said they can argue this at court, but not all Muslim women wear Hijab so maybe they think that its non-integral. There was an issue regarding a similar story in thr Indian Airforce. You may read and comment on it.

Although a headscard is not a big issue tbh, so I feel the college should let them. At first I thought the issue is of a School not a college so a college should’nt make an issue over a headscarf if there is no uniform of the college. If there is then they should not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom