What's new

Muslim girls wearing Hijab barred from classes at Indian college

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I don't disagree with anything you've stated, and of course you are free to consume what you choose, be it pork or beef. It makes no difference to me and I don't think it should make a difference to anyone else either. (Perhaps apart from those who may be talking out of concern)

I just think you've misinterpreted her messages is all. Read over the conversation again and you may view it differently, but there is certainly more of a hostile attitude towards Muslim women from her, not that of empathy.

@xeuss also seems to agree judging by his response also.
I have to admit that at the moment, I am distraught and very emotional, due to learning of a friend's bereavement. Maybe I should come back and read these in a calmer frame of mind.

There is nothing as agonising as watching a younger person pass away before you. It is against the natural order of things.

Who are you to allow or disallow?

Muslims will decide what is right for them. Not you.
No, absolutely not, you can't even decide what's good for muslims in Pakistan and you want to apply that in a secular country like India...? If Afghanistan can enforce the shuttlecock burqa on all woman and France can ban burqa then Indians must also decide what to choose by their own accord.

Otherwise, the most goat like mulla will create a ruckus, see what anjum Chaudhary is doing in the UK, can that be allowed in the name of religious freedom...?!

You have time and again told us that you have no respect for Indian Muslims. Those enjoying the luxury of living in a majority Muslim country or a civilized western society have no idea how challenging and difficult it is to live as a minority in country where the whole society simply hates their existence.
That's what my parents used to tell me as a little kid why India was enemies with Pakistan.
I remember when I was a little kid during the Kargil war, in school there was an Indian muslim girl whole heartedly supporting India more patriotic than Hindus. It really confused me at the time why a muslim be cheering against Pakistan who was trying to liberate Kashmiri muslims who wanted their basic freedom.

Last edited:
2CD4C785-1CC3-4DD0-91B2-A06A283FAE31.jpeg

manchetser united midfielder, Paul pogba posted this today.

not surprised by the comments full of hateful Indians like usual, Indians are really embarrassing themselves online, a lot of people are beginning to dislike internet Indians, all disrespect, no manners.

Last edited:
The fallacy of Indians argument that India is a secular country and so Hijab being a religious obligation/tradition should not be practiced in India.

Little did they know the meaning of a secular country is a place where everyone, each person irrespective of their religious belief is free to observe and practice their religious rituals, practices, prayers and traditions/culture.

So all this argument that this is against the secular ethos of India, the college/univ/school looks concocted and flawed.

Also that Muskan Khan has clearly said in the interview that she wear hijab on the scooty to the college premises, and when entering the class she removes the hijab. So this is more about feeling safe and secure from men stalking, onlookers, in a Hijab and with it the religious beliefs.

Here lies the problem with the Hindutvadis, how come they observes and practices the islamic religious beliefs in Bharat, a suppossedly Hindu Rashtra, they can live here dehumanized and ostracized, but cannot live and go about openly challenging the Hindutvadis, it's more like this is not your country, we call the shots here.

That is not correct; none of the colleges had any restrictions. Asserting your wrong point of view in an increasingly shrill voice is not likely to move anyone.

Second, they may set rules, but to punish people who have been following the older rules after revising those rules is clearly self-serving.

Are you seriously taking pride in the intimidation of a handful of young women? To what end, proving the matchless courage and superiority of the caste Hindu male? What drives this in BJP ruled states, and why is this kind of sordid behaviour, with hoodlums in saffron scarves that they never wear in real life? It is shameful that this behaviour gets support, support based on double-talk and a sudden avid interest in rule-preserving that never existed in the million and one cases of intimidation of Muslims that had occurred already so far.

The said girls were not wearing hijab till December 2021. So, did they suddenly they started feeling religious? Weren't they muslims before then?

What do you mean by - 'None of the colleges had any restrictions?' Did the uniform was introduced in Jan 2022? If it's not mentioned in the rule book that you can't come to school dressed like a peacock that doesn't mean you can go there dressed as a peacock.

In fact it is clearly stated that students have been informed that they will have to adhere to rules prescribed by the school/college and they have signed and given the undertaking. Maybe with exception of that one college which probably allowed hijab then but they always can amend their rules as well

It was the girls who changed the status-quo not the college. Other students reacted and authorities if made an exception for one set will have to make the same for others as well. Do you want rest of the class to sit with Hare Rama Hare Krishna Shawls with Tripund Tilaks and Rudraksha Kanthas b'coz it's their religion. Is it a freaking school/college or Mandir/Masjid?

Read a bit more and you will learn a thing or more about the makings of the said controversy

https://www.opindia.com/2022/02/an-activist-shares-a-timeline-of-the-hijab-propaganda/

Ignore the gibberish of aimim fellow and listen to the other one who is a muslim himself

The fallacy of Indians argument that India is a secular country and so Hijab being a religious obligation/tradition should not be practiced in India.

Little did they know the meaning of a secular country is a place where everyone, each person irrespective of their religious belief is free to observe and practice their religious rituals, practices, prayers and traditions/culture.

So all this argument that this is against the secular ethos of India, the college/univ/school looks concocted and flawed.

Also that Muskan Khan has clearly said in the interview that she wear hijab on the scooty to the college premises, and when entering the class she removes the hijab. So this is more about feeling safe and secure from men stalking, onlookers, in a Hijab and with it the religious beliefs.

Here lies the problem with the Hindutvadis, how come they observes and practices the islamic religious beliefs in Bharat, a suppossedly Hindu Rashtra, they can live here dehumanized and ostracized, but cannot live and go about openly challenging the Hindutvadis, it's more like this is not your country, we call the shots here.
This has become a problem since 2014, let me point out in defence of Indian secularism.

View attachment 814449
manchetser united midfielder, Paul pogba posted this today.

not surprised by the comments full of hateful Indians like usual, Indians are really embarrassing themselves online, a lot of people are beginning to dislike internet Indians, all disrespect, no manners.
he is a convert right? his name suggests that

The said girls were not wearing hijab till December 2021. So, did they suddenly they started feeling religious? Weren't they muslims before then?

What do you mean by - 'None of the colleges had any restrictions?' Did the uniform was introduced in Jan 2022? If it's not mentioned in the rule book that you can't come to school dressed like a peacock that doesn't mean you can go there dressed as a peacock.

In fact it is clearly stated that students have been informed that they will have to adhere to rules prescribed by the school/college and they have signed and given the undertaking. Maybe with exception of that one college which probably allowed hijab then but they always can amend their rules as well

It was the girls who changed the status-quo not the college. Other students reacted and authorities if made an exception for one set will have to make the same for others as well. Do you want rest of the class to sit with Hare Rama Hare Krishna Shawls with Tripund Tilaks and Rudraksha Kanthas b'coz it's their religion. Is it a freaking school/college or Mandir/Masjid?

Read a bit more and you will learn a thing or more about the makings of the said controversy

https://www.opindia.com/2022/02/an-activist-shares-a-timeline-of-the-hijab-propaganda/

Ignore the gibberish of aimim fellow and listen to the other one who is a muslim himself

READ the rules that have been published in a dozen places before you spew your communal venom.

If the girls changed the status quo, and this is merely to respond to your baseless argument, and they were within the rules, how did it affect anyone? Why did they then make haste to amend the rules to outlaw what was previously acceptable?

This is typical Hindutvavadi cowardice. Those cowards are still playing out their inferiority complex in front of what they consider was the humiliation that their forefathers suffered at the hands of Muslims, and they are trying to make women pay for that. What a scene to see a mob of ruffians heckling a single courageous young woman. Proper heroes and red-blooded men they are, I am sure, to you and your kind.

If a Sikh man can wear a turban, then what's wrong with hijab?

UK police woman:
Misbah_DSC0335 resized.jpg

I said it before, mobs of men are going around telling women to wear less clothing.

Its pathetic.

We all know it's out of hatred and supporters for this ban on this forum stop pretending otherwise. Grow some balls and tell us straight.

You all of a sudden want to ban hijab because you hate Islam and Muslim's. You want to marginalise them. You want to subjugate them.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sir Jee. No hard feelings. In any case, I always respect your views, though, may not agree with them sometimes.
Disagreement should not matter; let me say explicitly that it does not 'bother' me, in the sense that it does not upset me. I am aware of the distinction between rejecting my views and thoughts and opinions, and rejecting me as a person, and do not, normally, confuse the two.

That over-reaction is a mystery to me; perhaps a combination of feeling stressed and feeling personally attacked. Wrongly, as peagle pointed out.
Allah aap ko khush rakhay.

Thanks @peagle for intervention and clarification.

Back
Top Bottom