What's new

Muslim girls wearing Hijab barred from classes at Indian college

If any individual Indian Muslim says anything against Pakistan, you or me have all the right to confront him. But we shall not disrespect them en mass, as a community.

I would say @Bleek isn't all wrong,
I wrote bleach :rofl: then corrected, (sorry bleek) lol
I say this, largely because Indian Muslims have not done a proper introspection. They have not defined for themselves, what it means to be an Indian and a Muslim, they have reached various conclusions, based on what they think is expected of them, but still seem confused. Till they do a real analysis of their place in India, not Indian society, but India, because they do not owe anything to the society, but they do to their country, because India is theirs. They have to reach independent conclusions on what it means to be Indian and a Muslim, independent of what they think the Hindu majority may or may not want. Only then you can say bleek is wrong in his claims. His claims do have merit.

Like it or not, Urdu is a Muslim language,
Like it or not, Muslims of India own the land they live in, they are not some guests,
Like it or not, they have to ask for clear rights, not an illusion of rights, which secularism is, and something they are still fighting and crying for, it's childish.

This introspection has to be done, and conclusions reached. You'll find things will change very quickly, the American civil rights moment for India.

You know what Why should I or any Pakistan should respect someone who doesn't respect us ... ???

You must have listen what Owasi have said just yesterday about us ....

You must be aware about another Mulana just few weeks or months back who was asking Indian Government to armed them to fight against Pakistan .... ???

So under what Moral or Legal Obligation we Pakistanis are bound to respect Indian Muslims ..... ???

You people never took stance for Kashmiri Muslims while they were facing extreme human right violations by the Indian forces not even for their just and basic rights like right of dignity their women were getting rapped but you people were enjoying your dreamed 'secular Bharat'.

You people never see it coming to you as well, as you people never imagined one day could be you people instead of Kashmiris. You people supported the policies and hatred of Indian state in Kashmir ignoring the fact that the Hatred of Indian state was not ONLY against the Kashmir but against MUSLIM COMMUNITY as well.

Now BJP has just started doing some of the initial things, you think is there anyone who can stop them repeating the same in porper India .... ???

Is there anyone who can protect You people in India .... ??

Indian Judiciary .... ???

Indian Democracy .... ???

Indian Secularism .... ???

Indian Political Parties .... ???

Policy of your so called Muslim Leader to act as apologist for Indian State .... ???

Is there any Muslim organization who could even raise the voice for Indian Muslims in political and Legal circles ..... ???

When you people can't even stand for your JUST RIGHTS then how could you expect us to respect you people even when you people love to bash Pakistan every now and then

I paid respect to that young girls because she showed the courage to STAND FOR HER JUST RIGHT, which most of the Indian Muslims don't show.

Plz ... this majority is not new just tell me what organizations Indian Muslims establish for their legal and Political rights .... ???

Mullah & their Indian Branded Islamic Organization have anything good for you people ..... ??? or Secular Indian National Congress .... ???

Have you forget most of the anti Muslim pogrom occurred during Congress Rule .... ???

keep dealing your issue in isolations and by trying to integrate with Indian society you will have the same results, this is exactly what you people are doing since 1857.

and BTW may I ask when few young women can peacefully take stance for their right & stage protest outside their college, than how much challenging is it for Indian Men to come out & support their daughters and sisters ???

When Hunder of Indian Hindu men can come out and could harase the school and college going Muslim women than why can't Muslim men in Indian come out peacefully to register their protest.

Bhai Indian are Muslim weaker than 80+ year old lady farmer from Indian Punjab who was protesting for the right of farmers in New Delhi last year .... ???

IF No than this argument don't even stand and IF your answer is "Yes" than it is not even an argument but an excuse

So much of your rant is about "you people" while responding directly to my post. I am not sure if I should respond to a post directed at "you people" as I constitute one and not many.

If you didn't have a Pakistani flag on your profile, I would have thought you are a Sanghi as "blaming the victim" is one of their favorite hobbies.

I say this, largely because Indian Muslims have not done a proper introspection. They have not defined for themselves, what it means to be an Indian and a Muslim, they have reached various conclusions, based on what they think is expected of them, but still seem confused. Till they do a real analysis of their place in India, not Indian society, but India, because they do not owe anything to the society, but they do to their country, because India is theirs. They have to reach independent conclusions on what it means to be Indian and a Muslim, independent of what they think the Hindu majority may or may not want. Only then you can say bleek is wrong in his claims. His claims do have merit.

Like it or not, Muslims of India own the land they live in, they are not some guests,
Like it or not, they have to ask for clear rights, not an illusion of rights, which secularism is, and something they are still fighting and crying for, it's childish.

This introspection has to be done, and conclusions reached. You'll find things will change very quickly, the American civil rights moment for India.

I have seen these remarks of yours before and find them quite abstract and devoid of specifics. Can you clarify how does a community introspect and define themselves? Perhaps you can cite the examples of the introspection that the Pakistanis in Pakistan and UK (as you seem to be more familiar with those areas) have done and how such actions have helped them advance their society.

I fully agree, what you have written. My objection to @Bleek is different. We shall not disrespect Indian Muslims en mass. It is like adding insult to injury. They are an injured community, and, somehow, are unable to defend themselves. Of course, there is no harm in criticising their collective politics and advising them. That is how, I and @Mangus Ortus Novem feel. I also, as a policy, avoid hurting the sentiments of Bangladeshis, even, when, I feel that some of them are uttering something quite ridiculous. There is a feeling that all these people are our brothers in faith.

I have seen these remarks of yours before and find them quite abstract and devoid of specifics. Can you clarify how does a community introspect and define themselves? Perhaps you can cite the examples of the introspection that the Pakistanis in Pakistan and UK (as you seem to be more familiar with those areas) have done and how such actions have helped them advance their society.

Look at Owaisi, was asked a simple question, Bharat Mata or Allah Hu Akbar, he choose Bharat Mata (whatever it's called). He can't define himself as a Muslim along with those who follow him in the same country. Your forced to choose by others dictate what you are --

Pakistanis don't have that issue or problem even in the West as its secular, but we defend our roots; but you guys can't.

So, at this moment Indian Muslims have a choice either let go of what defines you (Muslim) and chose Bharat or hold stead-fast and stand your ground as Muslims.

We gave birth to Nawaz Sharif, have you not heard about the advancements he has given to Pakistan?

India court bars students from wearing ‘religious clothes’ till final verdict​

Interim order amounts to ‘suspension of our rights’, says counsel fighting case against Hijab ban

News Desk
February 10, 2022

muslim students display placards during a protest against the recent hijab ban in few colleges of karnataka state at aliah university in kolkata india february 9 2022 photo reuters

Muslim students display placards during a protest against the recent hijab ban in few colleges of Karnataka state, at Aliah University in Kolkata, India, February 9, 2022. PHOTO: REUTERS

An interim order passed by a court in India’s southern Karnataka state advised the students against wearing “religious garments” until it announces final verdict on petition filed against colleges barring Muslim students from wearing hijab.

The Karnataka High Court on Thursday said that the matter would be heard again on Monday to decide if schools and colleges can order students not to wear the hijab in classrooms, according to India’s NDTV.

"These matters give rise to certain constitutional questions of seminal importance in view of certain aspects of personal law," the judge hearing the case was quoted as saying while referring it to a panel of judges to be led by the chief justice of the Karnataka High Court.

However, the counsel for the petitioners objected to the interim order, saying it amounts to “suspension of our rights”, reported The Wire.

A ban on Islamic headscarves or hijab at schools has prompted an outcry among Muslims in southern India, with large crowds taking to the streets to protest against the restrictions.

The stand-off in Karnataka state has galvanised fears among the minority community about what they say is increasing persecution under the Hindu nationalist government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The state machinery seems to be helpless before the saffron scarf group. Instead, some ruling party members are issuing statements to defend the ban on hijab which encouraged the RSS members to provoke the situation.

In one incident in a video widely shared online, a lone Muslim student wearing the hijab is surrounded by Hindu male youths shouting religious slogans while trying to enter her school in Karnataka.

The protesting students in Kolkata on Wednesday were predominantly women wearing hijabs, a Reuters eyewitness said, adding the demonstrations were without incident. The students told Reuters that they plan to reconvene on Thursday.

"We will keep protesting until the government stops insulting the students," said Tasmeen Sultana, one of the protestors. "We want our fundamental rights back…you cannot take away our rights."

Protests have also been planned for Wednesday in India's capital New Delhi.
The government of Karnataka, where 12% of the population is Muslim and which is ruled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), has said in an order that students should follow dress codes set by schools.

So much of your rant is about "you people" while responding directly to my post. I am not sure if I should respond to a post directed at "you people" as I constitute one and not many.

If you didn't have a Pakistani flag on your profile, I would have thought you are a Sanghi as "blaming the victim" is one of their favorite hobbies.
WoW what a reply my dear do read your PREVIOUS POST first.

I was not involve in conversation on personal level with an individual but was replying to the subject matter of your post, but I think you have no answers to basic and simple questions therefore rather to respond on subject chose to attack me on personal grounds.

Secondly you can think me of any thing I give a rat @s.s to your thinking.

Lastly what victim blaming I have done in my post .... ??

I simply asked and and raised basic questions and repeat gain

"Is there anyone who can protect You people in India .... ??

Indian Judiciary .... ???

Indian Democracy .... ???

Indian Secularism .... ???

Indian Political Parties .... ???

Policy of your so called Muslim Leader to act as apologist for Indian State .... ???

Is there any Muslim organization who could even raise the voice for Indian Muslims in political and Legal circles ..... ???

Bhai Indian Muslim are weaker than 80+ year old lady farmer from Indian Punjab who was protesting for the right of farmers in New Delhi last year .... ???

IF No than this argument don't even stand and IF your answer is "Yes" than it is not even an argument but an excuse

Unquote

Just tell me my questions are baseless and wrong and move on and IF My Questions are right then shut the f.u.c.k up accept the mistakes of Indian Muslims rather than blaming me for victim blaming. Where is victim blaming in these questions .... ???

You are not that important that I should lose my sleeps over your remarks or your opinion about me.

Below is your own post read it again
You have time and again told us that you have no respect for Indian Muslims. Those enjoying the luxury of living in a majority Muslim country or a civilized western society have no idea how challenging and difficult it is to live as a minority in country where the whole society simply hates their existence.

Last edited:
Look at Owaisi, was asked a simple question, Bharat Mata or Allah Hu Akbar, he choose Bharat Mata (whatever it's called). He can't define himself as a Muslim along with those who follow him in the same country. Your forced to choose by others dictate what you are --

Pakistanis don't have that issue or problem even in the West as its secular, but we defend our roots; but you guys can't.

So, at this moment Indian Muslims have a choice either let go of what defines you (Muslim) and chose Bharat or hold stead-fast and stand your ground as Muslims.

You are comparing a civilized Western society with a hostile depraved society. In a civilized Western society, no TV new anchor will ask a Muslim politician on TV, to choose between country and religion.

Unfortunately, you are making this a debate on who is a better Muslim and using selective examples to put down the other. Let's say for arguments sake, you guys are better Muslims then us, - so? Besides making you feel good about yourselves, what next?

You saw those remarks because I had addressed them directly to you, in an invitation for a discussion. You declined to participate.

This is not the topic in this thread, and nether am I in mood for such detailed discussions for the time being. If you are interested I am happy to oblige at an another time. But a discussion cannot be answered by raising further irrelevant questions, that's just childish, I have seen you contribute better in this forum, especially this thread, so let's stay focused.

Regarding your irrelevant queries, I am happy to discuss those as well, if they really concern you. This is a deep discussion hence my previous effort to invite you into a discussion. Few posts here and there is not a discussion, it's no better then most others on this forum.

Last edited:
Just tell me my questions are baseless and wrong and move on and IF My Questions are right then shut the **** up accept the mistakes of Indian Muslims rather than blaming me for victim blaming. Where is victim blaming in these questions .... ???

I accept the mistakes of Indian Muslims. Happy?

In a thread that discusses how Muslim girls are not allowed to wear Hijab in college, some guy wants to prove that he is better than all of us.

Indian Muslims girls and women seem to be meat for the RSS dogs, what are the Indian Muslim men intend to do ? Do they have the guts to protest without being lynched or deported ? No offence just a question !

Last edited:
I accept the mistakes of Indian Muslims. Happy?

In a thread that discusses how Muslim girls are not allowed to wear Hijab in college, some guy wants to prove that he is better than all of us.
You have to accept the underlying logic of 1947. Muslim caliphate in Pakistan and Hindu Rashtra in India. Pakistani's can't [other than ones living in the West] butter both sides of the bread.

Expect and want a Islamic republic in Pakistan and then cry over Hindus Rashtra in India. With regards to Pakistani's introspecting in the West - it happens all the time. We support secularism when it suits us in West but cry for Islamic sharia in Pakistan.

Meaning when we are in majority we want the right to jack the minorities. When we are minority we hide behind secularism as it protects us. We are very flexible and adaptable people.

Back
Top Bottom