What's new

Muslim cop imposes moral policing on muslim couples in Indian Hyderabad

Inidan army used Muslims as human shields during Kargil war.

maybe i should have headlined---' muslim cop imposes moral policing on muslim couples '

my bad...

title changed !!

Dude, is it necessary for you to bring religion in the headings?? You really think moral policing is done by muslims only??

Yea and there are reports of Hindus burning muslims to escape from snow also :rolleyes:

musharaf-proud.jpg

Soon!! very soon than you imagine..

At least Indians will reduce their pot belly :D

Quite a service to Islam!

It's not the couples who are humiliated, it is the entire Indian Muslim community.

Actually Hindus should be worried. Soon Muslims will have to do push ups as well.

An army of fit, Muslims will be unleashed on the country

just dont understand why even Add MUSLIM here,,,,,
Cheap Stunt ....

Being a couple is not adultery.

Defition of adultery : Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

He probably meant stuff like smooching in public

didn't read the long article........
no need of any moral policing....there r already very few places to go out with a girl....baccho par reham khao......

He probably meant stuff like smooching in public

I doubt they can smooch through burkhas. There is no indication in the reports that they were performing any obscene acts in pubic.

In any case, it is not the policeman's job to decide and give punishments - only a law court can do that. In this case, th policeman acted as a judge, jury and punisher.

Being a couple is not adultery.

Defition of adultery : Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.
i know the meaning of adultery.they will take action against the couples who are committing adultery.i'm from hyderabad and i know what places people choose for certain things.he is atleast sensible in leaving them with a warning and a few sit ups.an fir and a case would make their life a lot worse.certain things are easy to be said than done.being a human rights activist is good aslong as we are not facing the situation.

Last edited:
i know the meaning of adultery.they will take action against the couples who are committing adultery.i'm from hyderabad and i know what places people choose for certain things.

The reports don't say that they were committing adultery (banging somebody else's spouse). So there is no cause to assume that they were performing adltery, any more than to assume they were performing burglery.

And as I said, if a law was being broken, the policeman should have filed an FIR and taken them to a court, where they would get legal representation to defend themselves before being punished. It is not the policeman's job to punish people. And nobody can be punished without a proper trial and the due process of law. That is a constitutional right.

Cop made couples in Hyderabad park do sit-ups | NDTV.com

From the link---

A police inspector in Hyderabad has chosen to implement his own brand of moral policing, punishing couples he allegedly caught in a public park by making them do sit-ups in public.

The incident reportedly happened last week in a park near the historic 7 Tombs monument under the Golconda police station limits. Half a dozen couples were punished by the police which made them do sit-ups, while a man in uniform kept count.

The whole episode was video-graphed and put up by a Web-based news magazine as part of a report that praised Inspector Nayeemuddin Javed as a conscientious police officer upholding Islamic values.

In the video, the inspector explains that most of the college going youngsters, whose parents are abroad, leave home wearing jeans and T-shirt. Some of these girls use expensive mobiles, bunk college and go to parks with their boyfriend, he says, adding that there have been cases of young people running away to get married. He offers advise to parents that they must keep a check on their children, and enquire in the college, at least once or twice a month.

Women's groups from the Old City say they are shocked at the audacity of the police officer and, even worse, the silence of his superiors. "This can't be called policing. It is not acceptable. The law does not give the police the right to be moral police. If they find young boys and girls in objectionable situations, they could use maitree police to counsel them. Or if something obscene is happening, they could apply Section 294. There is provision within the law. These ad hoc methods are humiliating and violate rights," says Andhra Pradesh Women's Commission member Sunita Krishnan.

Amjed Ullah Khan, leader of Hyderabad-based Majlis Bachao Tehreek, sees this as an attempt to defame the community. "The girls belonged to the Muslim community. May be they did something wrong, like bunking classes and going to the park. But the way police acted is atrocious. It has created a major controversy among Muslim community and parents" he says.

Activists, however, say it is not about shaming any particular community but moral policing and subversion of the law by a law-enforcing authority. They say if policemen start devising their own law plan and enforcement mechanism, then there is no need for Constitution, Parliament or a legislature to make laws.

Despite the video having sent shock waves, the Hyderabad police so far has chosen not to comment. Senior officers admit the actions of the inspector cannot be justified but they also point out that policing and ensuring safety of women in secluded places remains a challenge. They also say while cases cannot be booked for couples hanging around together, the police becomes answerable when an untoward incident like a rape happens.

A retired DGP, however, says senior police officers need to show the way and guide their juniors on what is acceptable and what is not. "The law-enforcing officer himself cannot either break the law or make the law and justify saying that he is doing it for the larger good. He is not above the law. What is required is training to sensitise the officers," he said.

Cop made couples in Hyderabad park do sit-ups Video: NDTV.com
wow so now someone from 'minority community' is doing so called 'moral pilicing' i wonder what has the 'elightenned & modern' media, womens right activists and 'pink chaddi campainers' will say on this:blah:..... :taz::nana::taz: .............:feminist::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The reports don't say that they were committing adultery (banging somebody else's spouse). So there is no cause to assume that they were performing adltery, any more than to assume they were performing burglery.

And as I said, if a law was being broken, the policeman should have filed an FIR and taken them to a court, where they would get legal representation to defend themselves before being punished. It is not the policeman's job to punish people. And nobody can be punished without a proper trial and the due process of law. That is a constitutional right.
report dont say everything the objective of the report is cleary visible to bash the police and claim the human rights activism.adultery need not involve other's spouse.even romance between two unmarried people is adultery.leave adultey romancing with ur own wife in the public place is an offence.as i said i know there are certain places couples choose for certain things and this is one of them.

there are certain things are easy said than done.they are most likely youngsters and registering and fir or launching a case against them would spoil their life for the eternity.and their reputaion will be screwed big time.the inspector is atleast humane in considering all these things and letting them go with a few sit ups and a warning.i'm sure you would choose sit ups over an FIR in such a situation.

Back
Top Bottom