What's new

Muslim cop goes to Supreme Court to save beard

Sir they are going their and by the way even USA have expats Sir and many of them are Indians :tdown:

Sir, only people in the middle east who values knowledge and hard work are the Iranians, Arabs don't fall in that category sir.

Please....first do something of your burning home "Pakistan" and then come to advise us....

Well dont worry about us. With all the enemy around us We are still standing and soon Pakistan will be on its way to start doing progress 2014 is near then Uncle SAM gone from region. Then that time will be for our progress. And i showed u ur pathetic image and ur asss gone on fire. How sissy are u bharti.

Well dont worry about us. With all the enemy around us We are still standing and soon Pakistan will be on its way to start doing progress 2014 is near then Uncle SAM gone from region. Then that time will be for our progress. And i showed u ur pathetic image and ur asss gone on fire. How sissy are u bharti.
Pathetic image ? :lol:

When people around the talk of India, IT comes to mind, when people talk of Pakistan IED comes to mind.

Sir they are going their and by the way even USA have expats Sir and many of them are Indians :tdown:

Have you heard of H1B visa???:lol:
US is stealing world's talent by giving the foreigners citizenship.Arabs on the other hand are losing money to their Expat population by remittances.:lol:

Pathetic image ? :lol:

When people around the talk of India, IT comes to mind, when people talk of Pakistan IED comes to mind.

When people are around and talk of Pakistan, Arfa Karim comes to mind, When people talk of India, Girl Gang rape in bus comes to mind.

When people are around and talk of Pakistan, Arfa Karim comes to mind, When people talk of India, Girl Gang rape in bus comes to mind.
Also, they see Nation wide protest for a girl raped, but they also see people looking at imported trickster Cleric TuQ, ignoring 4 bomb blasts in Quetta.

They also see Indian Courts sending former Chief Minister and his son to 10 years jail.

They see changes in Laws for Sex Crime.

Have you heard of H1B visa???:lol:
US is stealing world's talent by giving the foreigners citizenship.Arabs on the other hand are losing money to their Expat population by remittances.:lol:
Sir many of those they USA gives visas to send their money back in their own countries Pakistan gets billions of dollars from those who live in USA and are Pakistanis

Sir, only people in the middle east who values knowledge and hard work are the Iranians, Arabs don't fall in that category sir.
Sir they were not for past few centuries Sir but now they are returning back to the track and establishing Universities and Research centers and also Industries

This is the Problem Plaguing Islam today . Length of Beard , length of Ankle short trousers and hijab have become the central most point of debate while everything else like Quran , hadits etc has taken a back seat .

while people are reaching for moon and other planets they are stuck in this rhetoric .

Well, having the famous freedom of religion doesnt seem to apply very well now does it?

Well, having the famous freedom of religion doesnt seem to apply very well now does it?

Maybe if you would have read the whole Article and Ensuing Pages of debate you would have asked this . Let me break it down for you :

1. He was Allowed to Keep a Beard . A Need and Tidy one .
2. When you serve in an Organization , you have to follow it's rule . If you don't like it , you can leave the job and keep the beard . Nobody is forcing the job on you .

And if you have any questions regarding Sikhs and all you can look back and read the whole tirade .

NEW DELHI: Does growing flowing beard by a religious Muslim policeman clash with his professional requirement? The Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to examine the issue and sought response from the Union ministry of home affairs to settle the dispute once and for all.

Zahiroddin Shamsoddin Bedade, a constable in the Maharashtra Reserve Police Force, was permitted by the Commandant to keep beard by a May 7, 2012 order with a caveat that it will be kept trimmed, neat and tidy.

Just curious How ugly was this beard? Because even Islam says the beard needs to be trimmed and look neat and tidy! :what:

Five months later, the Commandant rescinded his earlier order saying the permission to grow beard till the rest of the service was not in accordance with the rules. "In future, if it is found necessary to grow bears temporarily during specific months, Bedade should get such permission from this office," the order said.

A religion is NOT ONLY PRACTICED during specific months! What nonesense is this? Apparently the word religion needs to be redefined! :bink:

On Tuesday, a bench of Justices P Sathasivam and J S Khehar said this issue had arisen in the past before some of the High Courts and most had rejected demands from policeman to keep beard. The time has come for the apex court to examine the issue from the constitutional point of view and settle the controversy once and for all, it said and stayed the disciplinary proceedings against Bedade.
The Aurangabad bench of the Bombay HC had held that police force being a secular law enforcing agency, it was of utmost importance that such force must have a secular image.

In situations like communal riots, postings at religious places of worship and sensitive areas members of the disciplined force had to discharge his duties without displaying his religious identity, the HC had said in its December 12, 2012.

But it is ok if a Sikh keeps 1 and has the pagri as as well? Is it me or is that the direct translation of racism and racial profiling?! :blink:

The HC agreed with its earlier decision and said: "Wearing a beard is not a fundamental tenet of Islam. It cannot be treated as a part of the religious faith or belief. For that matter, it cannot be treated even as a religious practice of general acceptance."

Well, overseas Sikhs cut their beards and remove their pagri if it is FUNDAMENTAL for them then why do they remove it outside India? What is India trying to prove here? Even UK allows Beards in their forces and also pagri sikhs!

Petitioner Bedade through counsel Shakil Ahmad Syed said the Union government in its 1989 circular for paramilitary forces had said, "A member of the force belonging to Muslim community may be permitted to keep beard on religious grounds. Once permission is given, the member concerned will have to wear it consistently for the rest of his service unless permitted upon written request to remove."

Pagri hai kiya jo wear kertay hain and remove ker saktay hain? :blink:

Now my 2 cents it is obligatory once the person commits to it. Plus it should be trimmed and look neat and tidy not like some jungle mans! Sadly that part of the Hadith no one sees! :what:

And if you have any questions regarding Sikhs and all you can look back and read the whole tirade .

Yea, well, I do not really have the time to look through all 24 pages right now...But these are my honest questions

Now my 2 cents it is obligatory once the person commits to it. Plus it should be trimmed and look neat and tidy not like some jungle mans! Sadly that part of the Hadith no one sees! :what:

I think it was not about Hadiths . It was more about Acceptance in the Uniform . This way he could have kept his beard as well .

One famous bollywood dialogues goes like "Deen me Dhadhi hai , dhadhi me deen nae hai " .

He has made his beard central point of his existence creating turbulence in his own life .

Yea, well, I do not really have the time to look through all 24 pages right now...But these are my honest questions

See , If i ask you what is your holy book you will say "Quran" , A Sikh will say "guru Granth Sahib" , a hindu will always be in confusion ( for argument's sake lets say he says bhagwad gita)

Is there mention of Mandatory Beard in Quran .

No

Is there a mention of mandatory beard in Sikhism

Yes

Is there a mention of mention of mandatory beard in Hinduism

no .

So it goes .

And the Hindu guy will get beat up as he cannot claim anything which his religion says :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom