What's new

Muslim cop goes to Supreme Court to save beard

Try slaughtering a cow on south florida streets or

Try driving like you do in India on Florida streets you don't see 1000s of wild animals on Florida streets you don't see cows freely walking all over Florida streets point is simple India is not Florida you wanna slaughter a cow you have to go to proper facility in Florida no such thing in India.

try getting a job as a cop in US with a full beard. We'll see how that goes. Bunch of whiners!

MTA recently dropped its requirement that Sikh employees affix their turbans with the MTA logo. In 2004, the NYPD reinstated two Sikh traffic enforcement agents, allowing them to wear turbans and full beards. And the City Council last year passed a law enhancing religious freedom in the workplace, aimed, among other things.

Reforming the NYPD policy on religious garb would also benefit individuals of other faith groups who wear head coverings and grow their beards as required by their religion.

You were saying

Sir if they didn't kept beard they did wrong orders of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW are the most important and when his opinion is their on an issue Muslims have to only follow his opinion and if some one doesn't he is doing a sin Sir and that is what matters not what Indian government says you are doing your best to make Muslims think of another separate state from India

i think you have allowed all religious things including beard in your forces, so what is it, that making many of your communities to make a separate state ?

You are wrong, the Arabs rank even lower than Pakistan in scientific research even though they are sitting on huge reserve of petrodollar.

When I said they don't Sir they just in last 10 years have started to develop their Universities and Industries and that will take time but till the oil ends they will be the one of the greatest industrial power and also edcation hub

@Zarvan there are 3 views or possibly more on the topic. The entire issue with the Wahabis is they want to promote what they believe as the absolute truth and ignore every other theory on the matter. I could post articles upon articles and videos upon videos of different views on the beard but that would obfuscate the topic. Furthermore how did talk deviate from the beard to eating pork and drinking?

It is as necessary for us to understand that the rights and freedoms of each man are to be protected otherwise we are no different from these guys and have no moral right telling them what they are doing is wrong.

I believe you give a very negative view of Pakistanis and Muslims to the world. A scholar can never be a good scholar if he states only one view on a selected matter and does not even take into account the rest at all. As for the beard, I hope this man gets his right. This is the way to go about it. Maharashtra as a state has always been a problematic place as are all places where fanatics are sitting in government-including Gujarat.

I have never heard of a ruling on beards in the police while I was in Lucknow. The officer might not have proper knowledge of the matter.

In fact zarvan is the real muslim and is putting correct view of pakistan, you my friend, are an apologetic muslim and trying to fool the world, as for as your rant of rights, I advice you to first give at least one tenth of rights to your country men and then talk. for us, our country men have every right to do any thing form burning ramayan to eating cow in side their home, but to enter into govt services, every body from hindu to muslims, have to obey the agreement which they have signed during the entrance, if they think otherwise at any given time, they are free to leave the service and follow their own path.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact zarvan is the real muslim and is putting correct view of pakistan, you my friend, are an apologetic muslim and trying to fool the world, as for as your rant of rights, I advice you to first give at least one tenth of rights to your country men and then talk. for us, our country men have every right to do any thing form burning ramayan to eating cow in side their home, but to enter into govt services, every body from hindu to muslims, have to obey the agreement which they have signed during the entrance, if they think otherwise at any given time, they are free to leave the service and follow their own path.

You say you are from Lucknow. Is there such a ruling there?

You say you are from Lucknow. Is there such a ruling there?
Yes, we cover it under our fundamental right of liberty, and cow meat dishes are being sold hear in open market. if you have gone to TUNDE's KABABS, then you would have noticed that they also sell beef kababs there.

indian army don't allow serving women to wear bindi or ay ornaments or any make up same with men (this applies to rakhi).

Are you sure about this? I believe a pluralistic society must move forward to allow for the religious beliefs of people. I do not know this because I read a news article about mosques being built for Muslim sections of soldiers in the Indian army. Religion has always been part of India. I do not believe it is a good thing to try and curb it. Instead each persons religious beliefs must be accommodated. Personally I think if we have a proper example of a secular nation that is stable and strong in the Sub-continent us liberals can emulate it and perhaps push (lightly) to follow that in Pakistan citing the stability there. But in this regard India has let me down way too often.

These religious beliefs should be accommodated. Also I do not know of the veracity of your claims. Do you have any article or report to back this up as the ones on the receiving end usually in India and in any other nation with a vast majority and a tiny minority is usually the minority.

Why does a Muslim have to defend his religion infornt of the people he previously used to order?

India is a so called "secular" state. Cops should not be judged on their religion as so called "secular" India is doing. India is a shame upon the word secular.

Listen, this guy joined a force where he was expected to maintain certain grooming and discipline standards and now he has broken these standards and is asking for an exception. It is clear that up till now that most Indian Muslims do NOT consider having a beard as mandatory to their faith. It is certain elements within the Islamic faith who believe it is mandatory- not because it says so in the Koran but because it says so in Hadiths. The fact is many Muslim scholars would agree it is NOT mandatory to keep a beard to be a practicing Muslim.

This is an interesting case the SC has in front of itself as it is, in effect, about jumped right into a debate within the Islamic intellectuals itself. It will be hard for the SC to pass any judgement on this matter as it will in effect be passing judgement on which sect in Islam is correct. It is quite a jam the SC finds itself in.

Difference between India and Pakistan in this case is clear. In Pakistan these debates are carried out at the end of a gun- who ever has the most powerful or the most wins the debate. In India the debates are carried out in law courts and with words.

+ I love the fake/superficial empathy shown by the Pakistanis here for Indian Muslims. If only you could show the same empathy for your fellow Muslims in Pakistan of different sects who are being murdered just for being slightly different to others.

Why does a Muslim have to defend his religion infornt of the people he previously used to order?

India is a so called "secular" state. Cops should not be judged on their religion as so called "secular" India is doing. India is a shame upon the word secular.

STFU- every secular nation has to have this debate some time. Look at France- banned all sorts of overt religious paraphernalia. Is France " a shame upon the word secular"??!

Why would police have beards, if he wanna have beard maybe he should become a mullah.

There has to be some professionalism in police at least.

Why would police have beards, if he wanna have beard maybe he should become a mullah.

There has to be some professionalism in police at least.
Sir keeping beard is order for every Muslims not just those who preach Islam

Sir I dont see Pak army keeping beards are they all kaafirs?
Sir those don't keep beard are doing sin but their are many many soldiers in Pakistan Armed Forces which have beard and no law stops them from keeping beard Sir these kind of actions by India will only lead to increase in anger and hatred for India among Muslims living in India

Back
Top Bottom